[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest nikosxri
When I try to flash my omnia i get a Checksum failed!! error on the installer. Any Ideas?

I attached a screenshot.

Thanks

Format internal disk should not be checked.

Flash again and dont unplug your device.

Guest kanikamus
OK Thanks, I already understand that it works only on SPB3.0. I installed it. Sence revolution is fine, but I will come back to SPB3.5 after next hard reset or new flash.

Tor

I bought and installed, it is very good, but the sense has more options to install programs.

kani

Guest skaynan

hmm... Guys, Kuanchai does not have his Omnia no more, And I didn't see him participating in this thread for some time now. Hope I'm wrong in this, but I suspect there's no new Rom coming from his kitchen :-(

And it's real sad, but then again- his 23064 Rom (+sms fix) is perfection. I've been using it since the moment he uploaded it, and it didn't crash on me once (!).

The touch response is unbelievably smooth, everything feels like a real finished product, not like a beta. Hell, it works much better (and has fewer bugs) then any official Rom ever released for the Omnia. Even the little things (Word completion works with Fingerkeyboard, Themes can be replaced without messing up stuff, etc) add up for a user experience way beyond what I thought possible with my phone.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that as far as I can tell, it's the first and only 6.5 rom in which I did never encounter the application auto-close problem. The way I use my omnia I could never reliably stream orb music to pocket player+ use Waze to avoid traffic jams+ call and recieve calls with Phoneex all at the same time without something unexpectedly closing in the middle. Oh, and all that with M2D installed. It's magic, guys. no idea how Master K does that.

So for the very first time since I got my Omnia, and after flashing over 20 different versions of cooked and original Roms, I think Khuanchai's 23064 is the cat's mew . That's the real deal, people. Do you really need 23067? this current version we have is pure perfection IMHO.

Edited by skaynan

Guest nikosxri
hmm... Guys, Kuanchai does not have his Omnia no more, And I didn't see him participating in this thread for some time now. Hope I'm wrong in this, but I suspect there's no new Rom coming from his kitchen :-(

And it's real sad, but then again- his 23064 Rom (+sms fix) is perfection. I've been using it since the moment he uploaded it, and it didn't crash on me once (!).

The touch response is unbelievably smooth, everything feels like a real finished product, not like a beta. Hell, it works much better (and has fewer bugs) then any official Rom ever released for the Omnia. Even the little things (Word completion works with Fingerkeyboard, Themes can be replaced without messing up stuff, etc) add up for a user experience way beyond what I thought possible with my phone.

Also worth mentioning is the fact that as far as I can tell, it's the first and only 6.5 rom in which I did never encounter the application auto-close problem. The way I use my omnia I could never reliably stream orb music to pocket player+ use Waze to avoid traffic jams+ call and recieve calls with Phoneex all at the same time without something unexpectedly closing in the middle. Oh, and all that with M2D installed. It's magic, guys. no idea how Master K does that.

So for the very first time since I got my Omnia, and after flashing over 20 different versions of cooked and original Roms, I think Khuanchai's 23064 is the cat's mew . That's the real deal, people. Do you really need 23067? this current version we have is pure perfection IMHO.

Thats the reason we want him even without his omnia in hands.

Each new build that comes has minor or major improvements.

Also he is the only one who has the bluetooth fix trick.

I believe that if he really wants to quit the omnia I900 roms he must give his kitchen to a friend who is willing to continue what he started.Otherwise his perfect roms will be soon very outdated.

So Mr Khuanchai hand your kitchen to the rest of the chefs that struggle in I900 forum roms and change their rom each 3 days, if you definately switched to omnia II cooking.

It is real that all of us will buy a new phone someday.But till then and till the phone comes in our countries we will remain to omnia I and we need support and updating.

It is true that you are not obliged to do anything for people here.But I believe that either you must continue or you must hand the really stable stuff you created to new chefs of omnia I if you have not the time to support 2 roms for 2 phones.

Thanks for the stable unconflicting roms you provide.

Nikosxri

Guest andylyf
So Mr Khuanchai hand your kitchen to the rest of the chefs that struggle in I900 forum roms and change their rom each 3 days, if you definately switched to omnia II cooking.

Nikosxri

This remark is very insulting to the rest of the chefs......and who are the one is struggling may i ask???

the rest of the chef is as good as Khuanchai IMO, its just that their style of cooking different from Khuanchai, therefore, you are in no position to comment that they are struggling.....

Guest nikosxri
This remark is very insulting to the rest of the chefs......and who are the one is struggling may i ask???

the rest of the chef is as good as Khuanchai IMO, its just that their style of cooking different from Khuanchai, therefore, you are in no position to comment that they are struggling.....

Struggling I mean they try a lot and for many hours for the benefit of the forum.

And when I say ''change their roms every 3 days'' i am not saying this because their rom is not good but because they want to update it.

Edited by nikosxri

Guest fattmatt
So for the very first time since I got my Omnia, and after flashing over 20 different versions of cooked and original Roms, I think Khuanchai's 23064 is the cat's mew .

I agree, my phone is as close to "leave her alone, she's done" as it has been since day 1.

Very sad to see K go, he is a master chef.

Not the only one but the one who's end product suited my needs best.

Different strokes for different folks as they say:)

Matt.

Guest leap_ahead
I can't seem to get active sync working with this ROM. all others have worked perfect. anyone else have this issue?

no..its work .. check the active sync settings

Guest Nicklashidegard
When I try to flash my omnia i get a Checksum failed!! error on the installer. Any Ideas?

I attached a screenshot.

Thanks

checksum error you normally get if the USB connection is too slow or the computer is too slow (I used to get it on an old win2000 cpu upgraded to xp). Use USB2.0 where possible or i fixed it by instaling vmWare on my normal cpu and ran xp from there..

Hope this helps, i know how frustrating it is.. :)

Guest mozgame

Im also getting this error "Checksum failed!! "

is there a reason why my previous flashes worked fine.

checksum error you normally get if the USB connection is too slow or the computer is too slow (I used to get it on an old win2000 cpu upgraded to xp). Use USB2.0 where possible or i fixed it by instaling vmWare on my normal cpu and ran xp from there..

Hope this helps, i know how frustrating it is.. :)

Hi,

I agree every cooker has its own style but a lot of us like Khuachai one...Would be nice if he can pass the kitchen to another cooker so someone can continue this "line" of ROMs...

Anyway if this last rom is working perfect except for SMS bug (that is also present on Sector's so it seems is something in the ROM and not in the cooking) without Khuachai testing it...Maybe we can wait till the official 6.5 ROM to ask Khuachai for a last effort to create "the last ROM"....

Guest skaynan
Maybe we can wait till the official 6.5 ROM to ask Khuachai for a last effort to create "the last ROM"....

Mate, the official 6.5 rom will be way behind the 23064. I for one couldn't care less if master K or anyone else will release a rom based on that. What I do care about is the future 6.5.1 versions onwards to WM7.

Guest bigflause
no..its work .. check the active sync settings

na it just won't sync for me. keeps saying the sync was stopped. the internet works fine. all setting are fine?

Guest Nicklashidegard
Im also getting this error "Checksum failed!! "

is there a reason why my previous flashes worked fine.

I don't know :) . Using vmWare completely sorted my problems.

Guest Khuanchai

Sorry keeping quiet for a while. In fact I just released the 23064 ROM a few days ago (look at the date). It means that everyone wants to change the ROM every time the new ROM comes out. ;) See how addictive it is! :(

I'm still around but with less time. I'm learning to understand i8000 but just too difficult for me to make the ROM. Boring can't get through this easily. :)

I'm also looking at the new 23069 but what we have now is not from our old friend (Da_G). His ROM is the best, exactly the same as secany for Omnia. I'm afraid that this new ROM might have some files missing like the previous 23064 one. However, will try to make it for you soon. Just be cool down a bit. ;)

For those who ask for my kitchen. It's not a secret but just because I use a kitchen from my Thai friend that is much different from all other kitchens. This is not open to public. In addition, fixing BT is quite complicated to understand and was blended to the kitchen. Sorry for this but I'll try to release new ROMs as soon as I can.