[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest palah
Not sure 21501 is newer but claimed by some sources that it's the M$'s RC version. We will stay on 21210 for a while because 21501 has screenlock unknown caller ID bug but 21210 doesn't. Hope newer RC will come out soon and has no such bug.

Thank you all for suggestions on new ROM releases. I know we all have our own preferences from different styles of use therefore ones may not be satisfied with one ROM while others may love it. It's usually difficult to have a single ROM that can satisfy everyone. That's why I came out with several ROM versions. I will continue on the same track. I'll make a basic or lite ROM that contains few add-ons. This Lite ROM is suitable to those who want to add anything else on their owns. I'll also make the M2D (3-in-1) ROM because it's still my preferred interface. I may also make the 4-in-1 ROM for those who want a totally ready-made thing. However, even the Lite ROM, I still reserve my own idea to include several small but useful tools (all freewares, of course) in. Although these may not be very useful to experienced users but I think they are handy for new users. Hope everyone understands my points.

Sure do understand, and that is what sets u apart .... especially with the BT fix as was going to try sectors 6.5 as liked the weather on home screen etc but no BT fix was back to your 21210 and installed the weather app that is working fine... and very happy with your efforts... keep it up as you guys rock in my eyes as do not have the know how to cook my own!!!

Guest sector
Yes. Without any voice tagging.

Regarding freeware, i think sector will release ROM with SBP Moboile Shell 3 in his ROM today.

i dont think SBP mobile shell is a freeware. It is either stays in the ROM until 15 days expiry and uninstallable or he hacks the regisration and make it "legal".

Either way i for one definitely prefer to take the cab and install it myself, hack it and uninstall it when i wish. (after all we are POCKET PC USERS, not sony ericsson dumbphone fanboys or Symbianistas)

By the way, MVC takes a lot of space. In WM6.1 you can only install in My Device, but in WM6.5 you can install MVC in My Storage. So dont include that in the ROM.

Again anyone wish to have MVC please buy it or get it from your popular "freewares" sites and install it in My Storage.

Ideas for new build:-

1. No SBP Mobiles 3.

2. No Microsoft Voice Command

3. No problem to include Cyberon Voice Dial (i prefer not)

4. No TimeBomb

5. No Customize Titanium, leave it as it is (sector is having hard time now because of this)

6. No titanium weather and anything using mortscripts

7. No Rotation service and User Customization (UC) as usual

8. No need for themes (user can find what they want to install)

9. No need for battery meter or HTC task manager (user can install what they want)

10. No need popular applications (Coreplayer, Touchplayer, TCMP, Streamingplayer) user can choose what they want to install in My Storage

Seriously the more you add in ROM the more headaches you will have to answer newbies irrelevant questions regarding applications or customization. So make it simple and customizable with their own needs.

some users like to give some spice to the roms after cooking it also.

i thought that making customization for Titanium was pleasant to the most at least. m2d looks nice with theme customization and tricks, same titanium. having hard time yes, learning more yes, the result i think matters which looks pretty nice.

as far with SPB3, there is a big amount of users who prefer it and using that daily instead of other today screens instead of m2d. they have bought it, crack it or whatever.

why not build an spb3 as we make only m2d :excl:

i know that many want to keep lite roms, i am on that side also. i try to keep my roms also as clean as i can.

Khuanchai here is doing a hell out of hard job so we have to respect what we get sometimes :excl:

cheers

Guest tingchung_chin
some users like to give some spice to the roms after cooking it also.

i thought that making customization for Titanium was pleasant to the most at least. m2d looks nice with theme customization and tricks, same titanium. having hard time yes, learning more yes, the result i think matters which looks pretty nice.

as far with SPB3, there is a big amount of users who prefer it and using that daily instead of other today screens instead of m2d. they have bought it, crack it or whatever.

why not build an spb3 as we make only m2d :excl:

i know that many want to keep lite roms, i am on that side also. i try to keep my roms also as clean as i can.

Khuanchai here is doing a hell out of hard job so we have to respect what we get sometimes ;)

cheers

hey both chef, your works really amazing... sometimes i feel like you guys are throwing yourself to "charity", yet, pple keep on demanding, hahaha, hard right??! anyway, keep your works on going! i'll always flashing my omnia, you guys make me love my omnia so so much :P B) :D

life without new ROM or more specific without your ROM will be extremely BORED :excl: :excl: :excl:

No offence to others.Thank you, great chef!

Edited by tingchung_chin

Guest chokia

Dont get me wrong, i'm not asking for clean rom (My Omnia runs khuanchai's 4-in-1 plus 1(sbp shell 3)and i love it because only in Khuanchai's ROM has all these:-

1. TouchWiz legacy - world 1st phone with it, Omnia signature style

2. M2D which is very useful and beautiful UI

3. Bluetooth headset voice routing

4. Newer Opera Mobile

5. Newer camera fix

6. Great audio with R2VS

7. Lesser graphics and customization has allow users to do their own (which is a good thing)

and a lot more

I am trying to restore a 6.1 build to this ROM using Sprite. I have used level 1 and level 2 merge, all seems to be ok until my Omnia re-starts. As soon as the Samsung logo appears, it stays for about 10 secs, dims then goes out completely. And that's it, the phone is a brick and I have to hard re-set. Can anyone explain this or offer a work-round (other than a complete re-installation of all apps!!).

Thanks

Guest rspatel
Ok i modified a bit to the sliders and notification layer,for landscape modeso they wont overlapped. Plus i fixed the time too.

screenshot3onf.png

Copy and drop to Windows folder

1. If fail rename the file and put it back and rename again

2. If still fail do not rename the file just paste and windows will autorename to "Copy_of_"

You rename by delete "Copy_of_"

Then Soft Reset (Off and On back the phone)

LS_LockScene_400x240.zip

I can't put this file "LS_LockS..._400x240.cpr" in Windows folder

i have a message that ican't copy this file because Access is denied.

i have no rigth to copy any file in Windows folders

somebody help me

Guest ronaldb3
I am trying to restore a 6.1 build to this ROM using Sprite. I have used level 1 and level 2 merge, all seems to be ok until my Omnia re-starts. As soon as the Samsung logo appears, it stays for about 10 secs, dims then goes out completely. And that's it, the phone is a brick and I have to hard re-set. Can anyone explain this or offer a work-round (other than a complete re-installation of all apps!!).

Thanks

Hi pdes,

I had a similar problem in not being able to restore with Sprite Backup 5.x or 6.x. The Omnia would continue a reset loop and required a hard reset to stop it. I finally found a workaround. Restore in two steps. First, restore everything but the registry (system) files (1 for Sprite BU 5.x or 4 for 6.x) and also not 'File System/Windows'. Then restore only what you skipped in first step.

Hope this works for you.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest JakobK

I cant change languages (or i can but nothing happens) I seached the forum found the answer but no luck. Answer below:

Janjan2 says "...

If you change it as showed below, all other languages will be available and probably working. I tested Danish (0106) (as that's my native language) and it's working fine after changing the registry!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\XT9]

"AvailableLanguages"="0109,0105,0106,0113,010B,0114,0115,0116,011D,010C,0107,0110,010A" "

But there is no Tegic folder in software ????

Hi pdes,

I had a similar problem in not being able to restore with Sprite Backup 5.x or 6.x. The Omnia would continue a reset loop and required a hard reset to stop it. I finally found a workaround. Restore in two steps. First, restore everything but the registry (system) files (1 for Sprite BU 5.x or 4 for 6.x) and also not 'File System/Windows'. Then restore only what you skipped in first step.

Hope this works for you.

Ron...

Thanks Ron, I'll try it now and come back to you.

Guest Seth Cold

hows the battery on your omnias??? mine almost doesnt last a whole day :S

whit latest 21210 khuanchais rom obviously...

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest gianton
hows the battery on your omnias??? mine almost doesnt last a whole day :S

whit latest 21210 khuanchais rom obviously...

Battery has been great with lite 21210. It's at 100% for almost 48h with moderate use. But I disabled 3G.

Thanks Ron, I'll try it now and come back to you.

Spent until midnight trying to get this restore to work then gave up and restored to 6.1 :-( ROM seemed OK, I can only assume that there is a clash of apps on start-up. Maybe that's my next move - close all start-up apps and make a new backup file. Any of you gurus think this is the right approach?

Cheers

Guest 1vancho

ehhh... i have flashed the lite rom 21210 with bt audio fix into my omnia i900 however i found out tat its doesnt wake up on new incoming sms as i have to wake it up manually then the ringtone sounded i even checked on the time the msg received was nt the time when i wake up the phone. i even checked on the favourite hacking programme in the tools folder and switch on the 'wake up on sms' but it seem that it doesnt work... hope which kind soul could help me with it... as i have the habit of tapping on the power button after use...

Edited by 1vancho

Guest badman08

Hey, I just wanted to set the volume down via *#0002*28346# (AudioControl ==> DAC(0C) +12db is definitely too much), but it seems that the changes cannot be applied. When pressing "apply" in the menu nothing happens.

How can I reduce the volume in an other way (registry?) ?

Guest gianton
Hey, I just wanted to set the volume down via *#0002*28346# (AudioControl ==> DAC(0C) +12db is definitely too much), but it seems that the changes cannot be applied. When pressing "apply" in the menu nothing happens.

How can I reduce the volume in an other way (registry?) ?

Try AudioGainControl with chokia's guide:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/285664/...00/#entry989721

Guest badman08
Try AudioGainControl with chokia's guide:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/285664/...00/#entry989721

Does not work for me. When you look in Audiocontrol, you see that DAC is set to +12DB (should be 0). When you look in AudioGainControl, you see that DAC is already set to 0 ?! Even if I change the Value to -3 or more, I cannot hear any difference! Strange...

Guest gianton

Hi Khuanchai,

As things are very quiet here, I was thinking maybe you would consider implementing all these great skinning apps into your next ROM.

Just an idea what do you think m8? :excl:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...mnia-htc-style/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...s/#entry1000603 (great B&W M2D theme)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-project-v-0-9/

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1001695

Guest mkingmario18

has any body tested the 4 in 1 ROM 21210? what issues have you found, is it fast and stable?

im currently using the lite ROM so i haven't tested the 4 in 1 yet.

Guest gianton
Hi, I wanted to know if with this Rom I can use Voice Speed Dial with Bluetooth. Is this problem fixed in this Rom??

Thanks

Yes it is fixed and works a treat.

Guest Seth Cold
Will Omnia Lite ROM build 21210 (with BT audio fix) work on my Omnia????

omnia1.jpgomnia2.jpgomnia3.jpg

Please answer me, I have never flashed my Omnia. I don´t know if this rom (Omnia Lite ROM build 21210 (with BT audio fix)) is compatible with my omnia.

Thanks

it works without problems... i own a i900L as well (From Movilnet venezuela, but use it here in Colombia)

any rom without a radio.bin will do.

Fijate bien en el 1er post... si dice que no contiene el archivo o la parte de radio, lo podes flashear tranquilamente, yo personalmente he usado el 3 en 1 y el 4 en 1, son muy buenos, especialmente el 21210. saludos!

Guest juan martin
it works without problems... i own a i900L as well (From Movilnet venezuela, but use it here in Colombia)

any rom without a radio.bin will do.

Fijate bien en el 1er post... si dice que no contiene el archivo o la parte de radio, lo podes flashear tranquilamente, yo personalmente he usado el 3 en 1 y el 4 en 1, son muy buenos, especialmente el 21210. saludos!

Maestro por favor fijate que te mande un mensaje privado con mi mail. Agregame por favor asi me sacas una dudas que tengo. Muchas gracias por responderme. Una abrazo

Guest ntbook
Maestro por favor fijate que te mande un mensaje privado con mi mail. Agregame por favor asi me sacas una dudas que tengo. Muchas gracias por responderme. Una abrazo

Please dont forget to write in english for respect to other users. (I speak spanish too, but thats not the point).

You may flash it with the lite 2121o it works great on my omnia (i bought mine in Personal, Argentina)

There is an excellent tutorial on how to flash in spanish:

http://www.htcspain.com/foro-f118/antes-de...eed-t14168.html

If you follow the steps very carefully, you'll be ok! In that tutorial there is a reference to have the "modem drivers" installed, I recomend you to download one of the roms posted THERE NOT FOR FLASHING THE PHONE but for getting the drivers they include in the zip, as I'm certain that those drivers worked ok on my flashings. Once you have the drivers installed, just flash it with the 21210 lite ROM. This is the best ROM I've tryed it has no bugs, stable and solid as a rock, great work of our cooker here Khuanchai.

Here is where you can get the drivers inside the Zip of the rom (they put it in a separate Directory inside the zip)

http://www.htcspain.com/foro-f118/rom-sams...ila-t17621.html

Read carefully and happy flashing!!

Edited by ntbook