[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest ThisIsOliver
What you mean no choice available?

post-423790-1240318809_thumb.png -> post-423790-1240318840_thumb.png -> post-423790-1240316738_thumb.png

Original button setting -> Drop down change from voice speed dial to voice command -> now button assigned to voice command

right Sir, but after switching to voice-command it was not "routed" to the MSVoice-thingy.

Oliver.

Guest Khuanchai

Thank you all for questions and answers on voice command.

The main reason I included VSD was because it's more convenient for non-english speaking users than MSVC. However, learning from your experience and apparently more features of MSVC, I may include it in the next ROM. :excl:

A little bored for me not having new ROM build coming. I skipped the 21501 although it's closer to official ROM because of the unknown caller ID bug. Any idea from you while waiting for the new build?

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest gianton

The main reason I included VSD was because it's more convenient for non-english speaking users than MSVC. However, learning from your experience and apparently more features of MSVC, I may include it in the next ROM. :excl:

A little bored for me not having new ROM build coming. I skipped the 21501 although it's closer to official ROM because of the unknown caller ID bug. Any idea from you while waiting for the new build?

Tried VC as well but returned to Cyberon VD as it's better for me Greek. :excl:

Guest Col.W
right Sir, but after switching to voice-command it was not "routed" to the MSVoice-thingy.

Oliver.

Oliver,

as I posted above, I had to remove any voice tags I had created and then uninstall/reinstall MSVC followed by a soft reset to get MSVC to respond to the bluetooth headset button.

Regards

Col

Guest Khuanchai
@khuanchai

how about start cooking sector's WM7 theme in an updated ROM? :excl: just a thought.......thank u

I'm planning this as well. Just waiting his final stable version. :excl:

Guest Lancez

The main reason I included VSD was because it's more convenient for non-english speaking users than MSVC. However, learning from your experience and apparently more features of MSVC, I may include it in the next ROM.

i dont think it is a good idea, matter fact that MSVC is not a freeware, is it?

Guest chokia
does MSVC work with bluetooth headset for dialing out of the box??

Yes. Without any voice tagging.

Regarding freeware, i think sector will release ROM with SBP Moboile Shell 3 in his ROM today.

i dont think SBP mobile shell is a freeware. It is either stays in the ROM until 15 days expiry and uninstallable or he hacks the regisration and make it "legal".

Either way i for one definitely prefer to take the cab and install it myself, hack it and uninstall it when i wish. (after all we are POCKET PC USERS, not sony ericsson dumbphone fanboys or Symbianistas)

By the way, MVC takes a lot of space. In WM6.1 you can only install in My Device, but in WM6.5 you can install MVC in My Storage. So dont include that in the ROM.

Again anyone wish to have MVC please buy it or get it from your popular "freewares" sites and install it in My Storage.

Ideas for new build:-

1. No SBP Mobiles 3.

2. No Microsoft Voice Command

3. No problem to include Cyberon Voice Dial (i prefer not)

4. No TimeBomb

5. No Customize Titanium, leave it as it is (sector is having hard time now because of this)

6. No titanium weather and anything using mortscripts

7. No Rotation service and User Customization (UC) as usual

8. No need for themes (user can find what they want to install)

9. No need for battery meter or HTC task manager (user can install what they want)

10. No need popular applications (Coreplayer, Touchplayer, TCMP, Streamingplayer) user can choose what they want to install in My Storage

Seriously the more you add in ROM the more headaches you will have to answer newbies irrelevant questions regarding applications or customization. So make it simple and customizable with their own needs.

Guest powermac

Hi Guys,

I've installed the 3in1 rom & it works great & fast.

I need some help from you guys.

Where can i get the Samsung keyboard, been looking for it in this topic, but can't seem to find it.

Also, is there any way i can the phonebook which have the alphabets like in DXIA5 rom but i want it to have the black look also because i'm using the M2D black skin. it's difficult to type & find the names sometimes.

Thanks alot guys.

Guest Lancez

Regarding freeware, i think sector will release ROM with SBP Moboile Shell 3 in his ROM today.

i dont think SBP mobile shell is a freeware. It is either stays in the ROM until 15 days expiry and uninstallable or he hacks the regisration and make it "legal".

Either way i for one definitely prefer to take the cab and install it myself, hack it and uninstall it when i wish. (after all we are POCKET PC USERS, not sony ericsson dumbphone fanboys or Symbianistas)

By the way, MVC takes a lot of space. In WM6.1 you can only install in My Device, but in WM6.5 you can install MVC in My Storage. So dont include that in the ROM.

Again anyone wish to have MVC please buy it or get it from your popular "freewares" sites and install it in My Storage.

1. No SBP Mobiles 3.

4. No TimeBomb

5. No Customize Titanium, leave it as it is (sector is having hard time now because of this)

9. No need for battery meter or HTC task manager (user can install what they want)

10. No need popular applications (Coreplayer, Touchplayer, TCMP, Streamingplayer) user can choose what they want to install in My Storage

Seriously the more you add in ROM the more headaches you will have to answer newbies irrelevant questions regarding applications or customization. So make it simple and customizable with their own needs.

in other word "ultra lite ROM" .........but i would like to have M2D as an option by making a CAB for installation that'll work with youtube and google map when we install them separately......the not too old all in one is kinda seasoned as i stated in other thread or here, cant remember.....other than that......not so much

about the Qs from newbies or not......there should be someone here to answer them, so all of us can grow up together....

Guest Khuanchai

1. No SBP Mobiles 3.

4. No TimeBomb

I mostly agree with your idea. I have no plan to include any shareware in my ROM. I thought MSVC is free because it's included in some original Samsung ROM (i908/910). But in fact Samsung may pay for licenses. However, considering the space taking issue, I would not make a ROM with MSVC. I still continue to include VSD since this is the only BT fixed WM 6.5 ROM.

BTW, do you have any problem installing and using MSVC? Any advice for those who are interested in using MSVC?

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest bobobird

To add to Chokia's list -

Remove Favourite Hacking (the lite is already heavily optimised so no need for more options, any case it can be installed by the user if he wants)

Add back Menu to Settings/Personal

(but for more clean - remove also Tools and GB Soft Tweak)

But leave in Media Album since this is the only app that will indicate if a picture is geotagged or not. And of course pictures should default to this instead of Pictures and Videos.

Pure, simple, clean clean ROM.

Btw is there a simple way to change the default links on the front panel ? ie if one wants messaging to go to some other programs ??

Later on you might want to add the TMC fix once BeamRider is finished with the beta period.

So far this is the best Rom I have tried. GREAT WORK........

Thanks

Edited by bobobird

Guest gianton

1. No SBP Mobiles 3.

4. No TimeBomb

+1

I love the lite ROM and would like future build to be this way.

Guest vergiskr

The most complete ROM I have used so far with BT all working.

Now Kauinchai if only you could get Manila 2d to display more appointments on the home screen.....

Thanks for the effort.

Guest enginemen

i report one error.

when i lock the screen, the screen will not display right.

if screen to appear this situation,i must press button "power" to sleep phone,

then press "power" again,the phone is locked ,can be ok

i don't why.

plz see the pic :excl: :excl:

post-498184-1240384867_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginemen

Guest badman08

1. No SBP Mobiles 3.

4. No TimeBomb

Come on guys, we don`t need another "clean" rom as there are enough LITE/clean Roms out there. I like kuanchais Roms because of the fact, that I do not have to install thousands of apps after flashing , it takes too much time when you flash each new version once a week. Kuanchai is updating regularly, don't forget that.

Kuanchais idea was to share his rom with us, that he optimized for himself. I am using kuanchais roms since january and would like to do that in the future, too! So if you like a clean rom, why not taking one from sector(?), shokka or anyone else ? :excl:

Guest ThisIsOliver

+1, because...

Come on guys, we don`t need another "clean" rom as there are enough LITE/clean Roms out there. I like kuanchais Roms because of the fact, that I do not have to install thousands of apps after flashing , it takes too much time when you flash each new version once a week. Kuanchai is updating regularly, don't forget that.

Kuanchais idea was to share his rom with us, that he optimized for himself. I am using kuanchais roms since january and would like to do that in the future, too! So if you like a clean rom, why not taking one from sector(?), shokka or anyone else ? :excl:

might be I'm misleaded, but, if all that's installed are up2date versions, what's the trick of _not_ having them right in? What do you folks do with all the "free space"?

It's really straight forward for using after flashing. Thnx for that, Kuanchai :excl:

Just my 2 cents,

Oliver.

Guest palah
BTW, do you have any problem installing and using MSVC? Any advice for those who are interested in using MSVC?

No Problem installing/using what so ever, paid for V1.6 UK and used it on an 02 Atom (wm6.1), E71, i900 Omnia and works fine, but seeing it is not freeware would suggest people buy and install themselves

Guest gianton

We are talking of a lite ROM with no M2D or TouchWiz. O course I like the apps Khuanchai includes.

Other ROMs out there are with no BT Fix.

Guest Khuanchai
Is this version by DDDRKO newer/better since its ver.21501 ??

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...ddrko-2nd-time/

Not sure 21501 is newer but claimed by some sources that it's the M$'s RC version. We will stay on 21210 for a while because 21501 has screenlock unknown caller ID bug but 21210 doesn't. Hope newer RC will come out soon and has no such bug.

Thank you all for suggestions on new ROM releases. I know we all have our own preferences from different styles of use therefore ones may not be satisfied with one ROM while others may love it. It's usually difficult to have a single ROM that can satisfy everyone. That's why I came out with several ROM versions. I will continue on the same track. I'll make a basic or lite ROM that contains few add-ons. This Lite ROM is suitable to those who want to add anything else on their owns. I'll also make the M2D (3-in-1) ROM because it's still my preferred interface. I may also make the 4-in-1 ROM for those who want a totally ready-made thing. However, even the Lite ROM, I still reserve my own idea to include several small but useful tools (all freewares, of course) in. Although these may not be very useful to experienced users but I think they are handy for new users. Hope everyone understands my points.