How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest Darkanian

I know you guys said(at some point) wich Omnias(if sorted by manufacturing date) should have a better screen but let me put it this way: If I buy an Omnia NOW(in a couple of weeks) it SHOULD have the better screen...right?

Edited by Darkanian

Guest jared16
I know you guys said(at some point) wich Omnias(if sorted by manufacturing date) should have a better screen but let me put it this way: If I buy an Omnia NOW(in a couple of weeks) it SHOULD have the better screen...right?

YES. I believe the newer ones already come with the more responsive digitizer. I went to verizon's store a couple of weeks ago and noticed that their display omnia had a much more responsive screen compared to the one I purchased in Dec 08.

If you've already purchased one, its pretty obvious to tell. If you have to use your finger NAIL to do anything on the phone then you know you have the old digitizer. If you can use the skin on the tip of your finger with light touch, then you have the newer one.

Guest ghost82

well I've just installed my digitizaer that i bought from wholesellerany and I have to say it that it has been a complete waste of money. I have a UK launch model and this hasn't....

nah Im kiddin' this is the best thing I have done to my phone. It is so much more responsive it is untrue.

Im just trying googlemaps as I was really jelous when I saw that on the iphone. It isn't as good as the iphone but it's not far off.

Don't forget to recalibrate your screen after installing it.

<_< :) B)

Someone in this thread earlier mentioned that when they touched their old screen the stylus never showed it in the right place, ie you'd press the letter B but the phone would register it as F. Did installing a new screen solve this as my friend has the same problem?

Guest tribal123

Hi guys,

here mine Video-tutorial to disassembly and change the Omnia digitizer to improve the sensibility:

LANGUAGE: ITALIAN ......

Part 1:

Part 2:

Incoming the last part showing the re-assembling, stay tuned.....

Edited by tribal123

Guest firdausyusoff

Hi all,

i'm from Malaysia.

i found this in Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=250425398620

looks much more cheaper.

i did confirm with the seller, he mention it is the new one and high responsive.

and i did check with one of the buyer, the reply is positive.

i would buy from this guy.

hope its true.

and it is black in color..

Guest elg3ne
Hi guys,

here mine Video-tutorial to disassembly and change the Omnia digitizer to improve the sensibility:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Incoming the last part showing the re-assembling, stay tuned.....

Nice video there tribal.. it will surely help a lot of people here (also me :->)... but i have just one comment though.. I think it is better if you just put masking tape on the IMEI part rather that make it blurry... anyway.. it is a great job... thanks for sharing... btw one more request :-) please upload also english version :-)

Guest msra6la2
well I've just installed my digitizaer that i bought from wholesellerany and I have to say it that it has been a complete waste of money. I have a UK launch model and this hasn't....

nah Im kiddin' this is the best thing I have done to my phone. It is so much more responsive it is untrue.

Im just trying googlemaps as I was really jelous when I saw that on the iphone. It isn't as good as the iphone but it's not far off.

Don't forget to recalibrate your screen after installing it.

:) B) :D

Someone in this thread earlier mentioned that when they touched their old screen the stylus never showed it in the right place, ie you'd press the letter B but the phone would register it as F. Did installing a new screen solve this as my friend has the same problem?

Why didn't you give it to Carphone Warehouse, they replaced mine (screen plus a new case - Samsung ran out of black cases so they replaced mine with white <_<) for free

Guest mementomori

so like i said i fu my omnia.. with the disassemble.. went back to vodafone and they fixed me up with a new lcd screen for free.. hoeree for vodafone ;-) anyways now i gotta try again..hmmm lets hope for some luck

Guest mementomori

whoepie second times a charm!!! ok it worked out..some im gonna test.. first impression..very sensitive.

i find this very strange... the new digitizer looks the same and has the same number..however it feels better <_<

Guest elg3ne
whoepie second times a charm!!! ok it worked out..some im gonna test.. first impression..very sensitive.

i find this very strange... the new digitizer looks the same and has the same number..however it feels better <_<

hi there, where did you order your digitizer?

thanks

Guest tribal123

Hi guys,

Part 1/3:

Part 2/3:

Part 3/3:

THIS IS THE FINAL VERSION, COMPLETED.... ENGLISH SUBTITLES COMING SOON.....

Guest Peew971

Just to clarify something I've read earlier... Can I bring my Omnia and new Touch panel to a Samsung Service Center (Carphone Warehouse here in the UK) and have them changing it?

And also, a bit off topic... I love Point UI but it crashes a few times a day and I have to reset the phone everytime, I'd like to install a newer ROM that would make it more stable but don't have a clue what/where to look for. My version is MSHJ1 and my PC is running Vista 32 bits.

Many thanks

Guest mementomori
hi there, where did you order your digitizer?

thanks

well i did get it at wholesale andy through a link in this thread.

After some testing..to make sure

AMAZING!!!!! in dont understand,. the digitizer looks the same, has the same code (serial or something) but the difference is just awesome. I doubted if i had the old screen since it was quite ok. Eventhough nails would work better then just the finger..but now.. it almost moves by looking at it..so sensitive..im still surprised

BTW in my expeiernce you have to be most carefull when dismounting the digitizer from the lcd since the glue makes it quite hard. Take your time for this, to much force will brick your screen!! (vodafone repaired it for free)..

good luck

Guest Vtecbros

Hey, guys. I've been reading about the new more responsive touch panel.

I had a question.

I just bought a Samsung Omnia from eBay. It was used for 1 and a half months. The guy said he purchased it on eBay on 3/23/2009 and I was wondering if it has the new touch panel? Im waiting for it to arrive on Thursday.

Here is the link of the item. There is 4 pictures he posted up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200340282271

Maybe someone can figure if its the new or old touch panel by the pictures on ebay.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Guest mementomori

I had a question.

I just bought a Samsung Omnia from eBay. It was used for 1 and a half months. The guy said he purchased it on eBay on 3/23/2009 and I was wondering if it has the new touch panel? Im waiting for it to arrive on Thursday.

Maybe someone can figure if its the new or old touch panel by the pictures on ebay.

Thanks.

well its difficult to say since you dont have the device yet.. but its easy to test.. the new screen (digitizer) is really sensitive. Without nail or stylus it should respond to the softest touch.

if you have to press a little or use your nail a bit you can be almost sure its the old one..

as for the way it looks..ive read about many different versions.. i have the silver one.. someone said it was the old one but its def. not.

Guest malleboy

Well guys!

As everyone in this thread I had e very big problem with the digitizer as it wont recognize my gestures, so ive got in touch with my reseller (telenor, sweden) and they will probobaly change the touchscreen. But i Cant wait for 15 days... I WANT MY PHONE BACK::::

Well, i hope i get the new digitizer installed, but i have a little, little problem... it has a cooked wm 6.5 installed.......... so, my question... is there gonna be any problems with my warranties?????

Still waiting though...

Guest ghost82
Well guys!

As everyone in this thread I had e very big problem with the digitizer as it wont recognize my gestures, so ive got in touch with my reseller (telenor, sweden) and they will probobaly change the touchscreen. But i Cant wait for 15 days... I WANT MY PHONE BACK::::

Well, i hope i get the new digitizer installed, but i have a little, little problem... it has a cooked wm 6.5 installed.......... so, my question... is there gonna be any problems with my warranties?????

Still waiting though...

yes a custom firmware will cause problems with your warranty. your best re-flashing it with a standard rom

Guest lantony

I had a question.

Thanks.

from the pics looks like the old touch, but to be 100% sure u should test it <_<

Guest lantony
Hi all,

i'm from Malaysia.

i found this in Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=250425398620

looks much more cheaper.

i did confirm with the seller, he mention it is the new one and high responsive.

and i did check with one of the buyer, the reply is positive.

i would buy from this guy.

hope its true.

and it is black in color..

looks like the best price <_< Anyone tried?

I was thinking to replace mine again, i am curious of the black one lollllll

Guest mementomori
Well guys!

Still waiting though...

i didnt have any problems with my warranty..didnt flash back. But then again the people at vodafone just didnt care.. i was missing screws, the sticker with the imei was torn.. and they didnt even mention it..so im sure it will depend on where you got it. In the netherlands the vodafone service centre even flashes for you!

still so happy with my new digitizer!!! <_<

Guest lewys

Received yesterday the new touch panel from wholesaleandy. The panel was black, and now my Omnia looks just amazing! With this tutorial, mounting was very easy. The difference between old and new panel is fantastic!!

Guest pekkala89

I have one thing to say and that's OMG. I received the digitizer from wholesaleandy today. Pretty fast shipping. He send it last thursday and now already it's in Finland. Last time I ordered something from Hong Kong with my friend it took 2 months to ship. And it was airmail <_< I thought that my previous digitizer was the new one because I didn't have to use nails very often. But still this new digitizer is 100 times more responsive. Almost the weight of your thumb is enough for the digitizer to react. Now I can play solitaire and have fun. No more dragging cards ten times before it sticks to the other and drop in the middle. I have to say that every Omnia user HAS to order this.

PS. My old digitizer's serial was 125A2-0319P(G) and a red dot after that. That's written on the connector cable. The new digitizer's serial is 125A2-0319P and black dot after that. So there is a (G) missing on the new one and the color of the dot is different.

Guest Gibeon

My old one is 125A2-0319P black dot (same as your new one). And I can guarantee you, the new one is a lot better! But I don't know the serial of the new one..

Guest Vtecbros
well its difficult to say since you dont have the device yet.. but its easy to test.. the new screen (digitizer) is really sensitive. Without nail or stylus it should respond to the softest touch.

if you have to press a little or use your nail a bit you can be almost sure its the old one..

as for the way it looks..ive read about many different versions.. i have the silver one.. someone said it was the old one but its def. not.

Hey thanks for the help guys.

The only thing to do now is to hope that it is the new touch panel.

2 more days till i receive my omnia. <_< very excited.

One more question. The person who I bought the omnia from has a 2 year warranty on the phone. I was wondering if i did had to end up changing to the new touch panel, will my warranty be void?