How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest GodDamage
1. You don't have to remove the front hard keys at all - just the buttons' themselves can be removed temporary, until your detach the old digitizer. (some videos show how the front hard keys + the optical pointer are removed completely). But be careful and work slowly if you don't have experience with such small & gentle stuff.

2. Pay attention now - when you detach the old digitizer with a credit card or smth similar - be careful as I did split the old digitizer into 2 pieces...just thought that the first edge, where the credit card fits will be the border between the digitizer and the LCD screen, but I was wrong...so the old one is now on 2 pieces.

The digitizer goes up to the metal protective grill of the ear speaker!

Which leads us to the next problem

3. the metal grill of the ear speaker is kind of clued between the digitizer and the LCD..be careful when you detach then not to damage it too much .. you'll need it after all :)

4. when your are about to place the new digitizer have the front hardware buttons in place so you can fit and clue the new digitizer correctly.

I just changed my digitizer and I think this information should be in the startpost since I had to find out everything by myself.

Guest 1968falconxt

i just mounted my new touch panel on my omnia. Followed the instructions on here. pretty easy to do. took just over half an hour.

Performance:

I just compared it to my mates iphone 16gS. It is just as good. It actually seems to be slightly more responsive than the iphone! I will be back in this thread in 3 months to let you all know how the screen holds up. It is one off ebay for about $10

Edited by 1968falconxt

Guest mariconjo

Fu%$%#@#$ng chips!! I screwed up my Omnia during the swap of the digitizer! Just at the last step when trying to disconnect the digitizer connector it went wrong. I was trying to pop up the thiny white square block at the end of the connector and suddenly I had the whole block in my hand. On the picture in the original manual I see the same thing but I never get this block back in place because it was glued I think. Put it back together and off course: everything works except the touchscreen.

Guest munie90

I was always wondering why is my screen so bad. I can only use fingernails with it and i need to press hard. It was no touch screen but more like a 'press screen' get it... ;).

Any way i was planing to buy one and need to know if this one is any good.

Omnia i900 touch screen ebay.

tell me if this one is any good.

Thanks!!

Guest ahhon83

Hi all, and thanks for the all the useful tips and info on how to mount the panel. I'm from Malaysia, i bought it in Subang for around like 20euro and i'm just done mounted it.

It works like charm, i no longer need to use finger nail which i've been doing for a year plus. Let's hope the screen sensitivity last longer, bcoz look at the digitizer that i bought, is like fake thingy that make me feel unsecured and no confident for it.

Thanks all.

Guest luc1f3rspalm
Anyone have an opinion on whether it is worth the extra $$$ to order this OEM i910 Verizon branded digitizer, or is it basically the same as some of the other ones you can find for around $10?

Have any luck with that digitizer? I'm looking to replace mine because my screens really scratched up and i have to press incredibly hard on the screen to register any touch input.

Guest morsefly

today I fitted a new touch screen that I bought from

mobile.warehoue

on ebay for £7 which arrived after 2 days protected by a crystal case, which was nice.

I followed the instructions on the first page without much difficulty: the hardest part was prising the old digitizer away from the housing, but a little patience and it came away in one piece. the frustrated poster earlier had a problem with the screen connector: as I remember, the white bit should not be touched as it is the brown bit where the cable enters the connector which is the hinge that requires flipping up from the cable side towards the white bit. (clear as mud?)

now reassembled, my phone is very sensitive and a dream to use again, especially as my fingers glide over the keys the screen feels like silk beneath my stubbs.

definitely recommended. if you put a nice thin edge on a spare piece of plastic card that helps too.

Edited by morsefly

Guest mariconjo
today I fitted a new touch screen that I bought from

mobile.warehoue

on ebay for £7 which arrived after 2 days protected by a crystal case, which was nice.

I followed the instructions on the first page without much difficulty: the hardest part was prising the old digitizer away from the housing, but a little patience and it came away in one piece. the frustrated poster earlier had a problem with the screen connector: as I remember, the white bit should not be touched as it is the brown bit where the cable enters the connector which is the hinge that requires flipping up from the cable side towards the white bit. (clear as mud?)

now reassembled, my phone is very sensitive and a dream to use again, especially as my fingers glide over the keys the screen feels like silk beneath my stubbs.

definitely recommended. if you put a nice thin edge on a spare piece of plastic card that helps too.

After I ruined my Omnia during the swap of the digitizer I brought the phone to a repair center and told them what happened. They said:"don't worry, your phone is still in the guaranty period. Yesterday got my phone back with a new digitizer. What a difference that is!!!

I am happy!

Guest agrodavid

Ruined my Omnia, stuffed LCD, can see phone still works courtesy of TV out cable, but screen is dead... Must have damaged it when separating from old digitizer. Not sure whether to get new screen @ A$70-80 or just write it off as bad joke.

Consider yourselves warned.

Not happy :D

Guest ntinos92

Hello,

After installing my new digitizer the phone works like a charm..... I am not exactly sure what has happened but, the reception signal is really poor. From full signal it goes to zero without any warning and in buildings i hardly get any signal!!!! I have double checked all of my connections (hardware and software) and are well connected. Previously, before i change i the digitizer, there was not such a problem....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest teeoff@2

I just purchased and installed this I900 Digitizer on my I910. It works great, and took only an hour of my time. The old digitizer was scratched, unresponsive, and had a dead spot on the right side of the screen. The new one works perfectly. The pictorals and videos were very helpful, especially for determining the connector attachment method.

:(

Guest Dork6243

I have BLACK trimmed screen and full housing with battery cover for the i900. Long story short I can no longer use. To anyone interested i'm in the U.S. and want to sell cheap.

I have BLACK trimmed screen and full housing with battery cover for the i900. Long story short I can no longer use. To anyone interested i'm in the U.S. and want to sell cheap.

for how much?

why don't you sell through eBay?

Guest thescope
Hello,

After installing my new digitizer the phone works like a charm..... I am not exactly sure what has happened but, the reception signal is really poor. From full signal it goes to zero without any warning and in buildings i hardly get any signal!!!! I have double checked all of my connections (hardware and software) and are well connected. Previously, before i change i the digitizer, there was not such a problem....

Try and go over all the connectors something must be out or not in well.

Hello,

Hi guys,

I have exactly the same problem like 'ntinos92', I have reconnected again everything in it is still the same. Is the problem the little wire that goes on the left side of the phone to the camera assembly? anyone knows wich connection is for the gprs/gsm antenna. Any one has any solutions or ideas, what should i try?

tnx for help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, on ebay i saw http://cgi.ebay.com/S-Orignal-Touch-Screen...=item4a9de65394

and this http://cgi.ebay.com/Orignal-Touch-Screen-D...=item414b4d04b9

someone try that they are from this with better sensitive ?

and the second one has a logo on the picture when it must shows SAMSUNG - is it branded (vodafone and etc)?

Someone knows?

Edited by boc1

Guest N_M_S
Hi, on ebay i saw http://cgi.ebay.com/S-Orignal-Touch-Screen...=item4a9de65394

and this http://cgi.ebay.com/Orignal-Touch-Screen-D...=item414b4d04b9

someone try that they are from this with better sensitive ?

and the second one has a logo on the picture when it must shows SAMSUNG - is it branded (vodafone and etc)?

Someone knows?

the 2nd one doesn't say if it's branded, and it's most probably not.

Guest PJ_Omnia

Hi!

Does it always include tools for change?

The new improved digitizer, can u get that both in black or bronze. I actually think the bronze looks better. Doesn't the black look a bit strange with the silver frame, bronze buttons?

Any pics with black digitizer?

Regards

Edited by PJ_Omnia

So i succesfully changed my digitizer in about 30minutes, so far everything working just fine, a great difference compared to the old one <_<

Guest ZoXoR

I succesfully changed my LCD too! Took me about an hour, because I forgot one tiny cable when reassembling it...

I bought this LCD (branded): eBay: Touch LCD Screen Digitizer from kong6536. Received it in less then 2 weeks <_<

It works great on my omnia i900. Mind you, the seller DOES NOT include mounting tools. However, my nails did the job pretty well too ^^

To install this LCD I used 3 sources (to be sure...)

Image Tutorial

PDF from Samsung

It's not easy, but it's not hard easy. Just be relaxed and don't brake the small cables :mellow:

Result: my touch screen works GREAT!

Edited by ZoXoR

I succesfully changed my LCD too! Took me about an hour, because I forgot one tiny cable when reassembling it...

I bought this LCD (branded): eBay: Touch LCD Screen Digitizer from kong6536. Received it in less then 2 weeks :)

It works great on my omnia i900. Mind you, the seller DOES NOT include mounting tools. However, my nails did the job pretty well too ^^

To install this LCD I used 3 sources (to be sure...)

Image Tutorial

PDF from Samsung

It's not easy, but it's not hard easy. Just be relaxed and don't brake the small cables ;)

Result: my touch screen works GREAT!

By saying branded you mean original? If so how do you know yours is original ? Cause in the picture it looks exactly the same as mine, even that little white sticker is there too, and i bought mine from kgm_sports, thats his name i think, but i seriosly doubt its branded:)

Guest scuba264

I've finally got enough scratches and am tired of using my nail on my phone that I'm going to try swapping out my digitizer. I've got two of the cheapest supposed OEM versions I could find...anyone have any comments about these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOUCH-DIGITIZER-SCREEN...#ht_1584wt_1166

http://cnn.cn/shop/samsung-i910-omnia-digi...amp;language=en

I'm having a hard time believing how much better the response can be. Why would it be so bad? I've done all the registry hacks(which I mostly chalk up to placebo effect). I have an i910 just bought last February. I'd think if any would be lacking touch it would be the old i900 and mine would have the best type of screen but I can't use my finger at all unless I really smash it down.

Getting rid of the scratches will be worth it though even if the response stays the same.

Guest jbrittmartin
I've finally got enough scratches and am tired of using my nail on my phone that I'm going to try swapping out my digitizer. I've got two of the cheapest supposed OEM versions I could find...anyone have any comments about these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOUCH-DIGITIZER-SCREEN...#ht_1584wt_1166

http://cnn.cn/shop/samsung-i910-omnia-digi...amp;language=en

I'm having a hard time believing how much better the response can be. Why would it be so bad? I've done all the registry hacks(which I mostly chalk up to placebo effect). I have an i910 just bought last February. I'd think if any would be lacking touch it would be the old i900 and mine would have the best type of screen but I can't use my finger at all unless I really smash it down.

Getting rid of the scratches will be worth it though even if the response stays the same.

i'm just about to pull the trigger on the second one you listed as it looks exactly like my original one.

can someone confirm that this works well?

EDIT: i went ahead and bought one as i am fed up with my phone's poor sensitivity. i'll let ya know.

Edited by jbrittmartin

Guest scuba264
i'm just about to pull the trigger on the second one you listed as it looks exactly like my original one.

can someone confirm that this works well?

EDIT: i went ahead and bought one as i am fed up with my phone's poor sensitivity. i'll let ya know.

I ordered the one from cnn.cn. I figured for $16 shipped it was definitely worth the shot.