NEW CLEAN ROM: STV1L/2/M2 - IA5 - XIP/OS 21028 Aku 1.6.0

Guest Stevenh

Guest Stevenh

Update 23/03/09

For those who need the test modes, unpack the attached tests.rar into windows directory. I think the only useful one here is the soundtester...

Also, there is an issue with the Samsung Keypad/Phonepad T9, I left out the dictionaries, so please unrar the ENlbUN files into Windows directory.

Update 21/03/09

Added STV1L2 ROM. Same as STV1L but with:

Opera

Favourite Settings

Media Album

HTC Task Manager

HTC Emu

Camera Fix

Samsung Keyboard for English only.

Storage: 160.07, 8.88, 151.19 Free

Program: 28.98, 67.56 Free

http://rapidshare.com/files/211895257/STV1...IA5_-_21028.rar

Added STV1LM2 ROM. As above but with TouchFlo M2D

Storage: 151.72, 11.15, 140.57 Free

Program: 34.04, 62.51 Free

http://rapidshare.com/files/211926710/STV1...IA5_-_21028.rar

There seems to be an issue with the 'all programs' tab with M2D, so if this affects you, use this alternate application launcher:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442341

Original

OK, here's my next 'Lite' ROM following on from the 20757 version earlier this week.

This is a very fast and smooth ROM B)

Name: STV1L

Base ROM: IA5

Ported to: 21028 XIP and SYS

Updates: CF to 3.5, Flash Lite to 3.1

BT VC Fix: No

Features: User Customisation via SDConfig.txt in Storage Card.

Known bugs: None

Storage: 160MB+ Free

Program: 66MB+ Free

Notes:

I have fixed the previous ROM port issues where mouse pointer is messed up and multi-selection not working in File Explorer.

I did not add the BT Voice Command fixes in as these seem to have been causing a few problems lately so will wait till we get a more stable and complete fix for this with no side effects.

I didn't bother including a phone section in the updater as I really prefer not to touch that part so if you really need to update phone version, use GP or another updater first.

The following was removed from this ROM:

Connected Home

Dice

Digital Frame

DivX Registration

.NET 2.0 - Replaced with v3.5

Favorite Settings

Flash Lite 2.1 - Replaced with v3.1

Games

Google Stuff

GyPSII

Main Menu

Media Album

Office

One Note

Opera

PanelFS and PlumSIP

Photoslides

Podcasts

RSS Reader

Sample Music and Ringtones

Samsung Clock

Samsung Keyboard

Samsung Today 1 and 2

Samsung Widget

SharePix

Shozu

Smart Converter

Smart Reader

Streaming Player

Task Switcher

Touch Player

Transcriber

TV Out

Video Editor

Wallpapers

Welcome Center

Windows Live

Windows Update

Zoomer

Kept in:

Radio

Internet Sharing

Java

Original Samsung Dialler, but disabled to save 10MB memory.

http://rapidshare.com/files/210829331/STV1...IA5_-_21028.rar

Or Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b247439...04e75f6e8ebb871

tests.rar

ENlbUN.rar

Edited by Stevenh

Guest endursa

nice finally someone has fixed the mousepointer issue B) )

very well i'll try later tomorow :(  

Edited by endursa

Guest FerdiBorbon

for poster above it 6.1.

**Stevenh** TOP ROM MATE!!

im really happy with this clean smooth, and everything just works including the SRS application B)

im using the spb shell it it just runs great, my videos do not drop frames anymore with this rom oppose to the others ive used...

now just to see how battery life goes but overall i recomend this rom to anyone :(

Guest Stevenh

I tested this ROM as a 'Custom' version for a few days, then I 'Lightened' it to this version to make sure no major issues, I'm currently using the Lite version as well now...

Still waiting for SPB 3 to come out, hope it's soon, quite liked 2...

Sector, do you mean you've managed to create the 21189 XIP? I'll post a guide up in the next week or so, I promise B) Just trying to finish off a few more projects I have planned :(

Steven

Guest echobunny

Hi Guys,

Anyone can help by uploading to mediafire, cannot access to rapid. Really want to test the ROM after all the comments. Tks.

Guest Stevenh
Hi Guys,

Anyone can help by uploading to mediafire, cannot access to rapid. Really want to test the ROM after all the comments. Tks.

What issues are people having with RapidShare?

Guest shokka9

rapidshare is funny, if you have a dodgy IP (or use mobile Broadband like me) Rapidshare always says you are already downloading or have reached your dl limit.

This is not true! I cant use it.

stevenh, good looking on the ROM, you becoming a master now!!

are the XIP & SYS available anywhere B) ?

Guest gianton
Can upload the XIP later tonight, will add to my Omnia stuff thingy.

Uploaded to mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b247439...04e75f6e8ebb871

BT fix is my next project, aim to have a complete fix next week some point, don't like issues of current fix...

Steven

Great news Steve! This will be my next flash. B)

Thanks for your hard work m8!

Edited by gianton

Guest JLP_SVK

Stevenh....great!!!

But...can you made also exactly this ROM, but with HTC Emu DLL's, Camera Fix, HTC Task Manager 2.1 and Manilla 2D???

That would be a suberb ROM. B)

Guest stylus1828
Stevenh....great!!!

But...can you made also exactly this ROM, but with HTC Emu DLL's, Camera Fix, HTC Task Manager 2.1 and Manilla 2D???

PLEASE! :(

Guest Stevenh
Stevenh....great!!!

I did try to create a M2D version but for some reason couldn't get the HTC Task Manager working so gave up on it... think probably cause it's missing sdkcerts or something. Anyway I'll leave the M2D ROMs for Shokka, I'm sure he will be releasing one pretty soon...

Alternatively you can always install it on top of my clean ROM through the UC facility :(

For some reason, my internet connection is not working with this rom. The connection under the "modem" tab keeps on disappearing. I created 3 different connections so far, and all disappeared. I am using the T-mobile T-zone configuration. It worked for all previous roms. Anyone else experiencing this and know how to fix it?

Guest JLP_SVK
I did try to create a M2D version but for some reason couldn't get the HTC Task Manager working so gave up on it... think probably cause it's missing sdkcerts or something. Anyway I'll leave the M2D ROMs for Shokka, I'm sure he will be releasing one pretty soon...

Alternatively you can always install it on top of my clean ROM through the UC facility B)

Did you integrated HTC Emulation DLL's??? I can send you SDKCERTS. :(

Guest Stevenh

For some reason I'm no longer getting email notifications for replies to my topics??

I'll give things another go tonight or tomorrow, I think I'll also need a version of Opera to put back in and Fav settings as well...

I just tried internet and it's working fine. Just do the usual where you select a different operator, wait 10secs, then select your own one.

what about the battery life of the ROm? what is it compared whith the rom custom-made by taril?

Tarils rom seems to be customzied by some battery file from HL3......

can you tell me ?

Edited by yjg