New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest necosino
Me too...can it be posted somewhere else? I am expecting my phone tomorrow and would love to get the GPS going right away.

Try downloading from here

If it doesn't work I'll create a new torrent tonight for everyone

Guest Matt S.
Of course, go to phone -> services -> GPS -> change settings -> check "show my location" -> SOFT RESET and Bing/Live Search and Google maps will work beautifully.

You must mean to select "Location On" unless there's another option on that screen that I don't have.

I flashed to the leaked ROM and then loaded Adrenalyne's Cooked WM6.5 ROM v4.01 build 23001.

For the life of me, I can't get a lock. Yesterday or today. I open up Bing and it just says "Locating..."

I'm in midtown Atlanta, so there are some very tall buildings nearby, but I even went up to the top (14th) floor of a parking deck with a pretty much clear view of the sky except for one large building directly to the east, and one a block or two away to the West-southwest. I let it sit in one location for a little more that 18 minutes and it never locked. Is there something else I should try?

Also, I've seen people talk about how many GPS satellites they've locked. Where can I find this info? Will this info become available in Bing once it acquires at least 1 sat?

Thanks!

Guest necosino
You must mean to select "Location On" unless there's another option on that screen that I don't have.

I flashed to the leaked ROM and then loaded Adrenalyne's Cooked WM6.5 ROM v4.01 build 23001.

For the life of me, I can't get a lock. Yesterday or today. I open up Bing and it just says "Locating..."

I'm in midtown Atlanta, so there are some very tall buildings nearby, but I even went up to the top (14th) floor of a parking deck with a pretty much clear view of the sky except for one large building directly to the east, and one a block or two away to the West-southwest. I let it sit in one location for a little more that 18 minutes and it never locked. Is there something else I should try?

Also, I've seen people talk about how many GPS satellites they've locked. Where can I find this info? Will this info become available in Bing once it acquires at least 1 sat?

Thanks!

Yes, the item is called "Location On" and then you must do a soft reset.

To have a "lock," the GPS must acquire 3 or more satelites in order to determine your position.

I haven't used Bing, but maybe you need to configure the GPS in the settings to use Com8 Baud 57600 for GPS

Also, try out GPS Quick Location as well (should be cooked into the ROM) and see if you have better luck after download the GPS info.

Guest Cyclonewoody
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest ;) .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

New to all this and flashing my phone for the first time. I'm having trouble finding a .img file to download. It says there's an error and the image doesn't match. Can someone please tell me where I can find an image that will work?

Guest butterfras

Ok, So I've got the new ROM onto my phone and I got the GPSID utility also. I'm still not getting any GPS signal with google maps. What am I missing? Is there some step I'm not getting? What should the GPS settings be?

Guest thejaff

+1 more successful flash. As far as I can tell, phone works, data works, and best of all GPS works! Great work. Now to look for some home brewed ROMs I might want, such as the WinMo 6.5 one. Anyone have a link so I don't have to search almost 1300 posts?

Guest necosino
+1 more successful flash. As far as I can tell, phone works, data works, and best of all GPS works! Great work. Now to look for some home brewed ROMs I might want, such as the WinMo 6.5 one. Anyone have a link so I don't have to search almost 1300 posts?

Look for recent posts that are called "So-and-so's 6.5 ROM" or whatever in the i910 ROM section

http://www.modaco.com/category/405/i910-sp...rom-discussion/

Guest Matt S.
Yes, the item is called "Location On" and then you must do a soft reset.

To have a "lock," the GPS must acquire 3 or more satelites in order to determine your position.

I haven't used Bing, but maybe you need to configure the GPS in the settings to use Com8 Baud 57600 for GPS

Also, try out GPS Quick Location as well (should be cooked into the ROM) and see if you have better luck after download the GPS info.

As info, I never got it working with Bing (Live) or Google. I did configure the GPS settings both ways, to use the intermediate driver and also to use Com 8, etc. Google acts flaky too. I would get a popup saying I needed to be connected to the network, when I definitely was. I could browse the web and Bing could download maps, so I'm not sure what Google's deal was. And of course, the samsung keyboard didn't work with Google maps.

The bigger problem is my Omnia stopped working Thursday night. I don't know what the heck happened, but one minute I'm showing a friend photos on my Omnia and 10 minutes later I go to make a phone call and it's dead. Completely unresponsive, removed the battery, etc. Assumed the battery was dead, but I can't get it to respond at all to a charge. I tried a friend's battery just to make sure my battery hadn't quit in a freak situation, but that didn't do anything either. I had the new ROM running fine for about 3 days and then this. Definitely weird. The only response I get from the phone is when I plug it into the charger and hit the power button the LED flash blinks once or twice and then nothing. I won't power on at all or even acknowledge that it's plugged in. Called VZW and their sending me a refurbished Omnia under the 1 yr manufacturer's warranty. I hesitate to blame the ROM, but I'm clueless as to what else may have happened. I'll try flashing the new one I get and hopefully this time the GPS will function correctly anyway. Unfortunately, being a holiday weekend I won't get my new phone until Tuesday even though I talked to VZW Friday morning.

Dang it all.

Guest knowledge8069

Anyone checked back with Verizon to see what is going on with an official unlock rom? They said by the end of second quarter.. That time has come and gone!

Guest TylerBeck

Two questions:

1) Now that the Megaupload link seems to be broken, can someone post a working link to the ROM?

2) If I flash with this ROM, will the Verizon network still be detected automagically? In other words, will I have to go to a Verizon store and have them set up the 3G for me again, or anything like that?

Guest necosino
Two questions:

1) Now that the Megaupload link seems to be broken, can someone post a working link to the ROM?

2) If I flash with this ROM, will the Verizon network still be detected automagically? In other words, will I have to go to a Verizon store and have them set up the 3G for me again, or anything like that?

1) Follow my post here

2) You will need to reprogram your phone after flashing. Just dial *228, then option 1 when prompted. Then you'll be good to go!

Guest TylerBeck

One more quick question: Where are the contacts stored in the Omnia memory? I'd like to be absolutely sure I'm not gonna lose all the numbers in the phone... I have the phone synced with Windows and the contacts are in Outlook, but I'm just worried that when I re-connect the phone after flashing, it won't re-sync them to the phone. Is there a file somewhere on the Omnia that stores the contacts?

Thanks for all the help!

1) Follow my post here

2) You will need to reprogram your phone after flashing. Just dial *228, then option 1 when prompted. Then you'll be good to go!

Guest necosino

You can use a program that backs up your contacts, like Microsoft MyPhone, PIM backup, or Resco backup.

Usually activeysnc with Outlook will put them right back though. I know how you feel though, I have over 200 contacts and would hate to have to put them all back in!

Also, the SmartCard reader won't work on CC20, you have to install it using Adryn's .cab (posted here in a few places, just do a search). I freaked out when that first happened beacuse I have a stack of like 60 business cards that I have just put into my phone, and it works so well and saves so much time that it would have been a shame if it didn't work!

Guest strat1

Okay excuse me for my lack of knowledge (Very new to the game) I been sittin around waiting for the "official" one.....lost cause....after reading up I'm ready to pull the trigger on this...heres the problem, downloaded both files but I can't open them...(don't have the right software?) I need guidance....Thank you for helping a slow leak as myself.

Guest GIMMEE
One more quick question: Where are the contacts stored in the Omnia memory? I'd like to be absolutely sure I'm not gonna lose all the numbers in the phone... I have the phone synced with Windows and the contacts are in Outlook, but I'm just worried that when I re-connect the phone after flashing, it won't re-sync them to the phone. Is there a file somewhere on the Omnia that stores the contacts?

Thanks for all the help!

+1 success, gps with google maps works, contacts synched, phone gets a little hotter then normal now when charging... maybe its nothing.

Install microsoft outlook on your computer and set sync center to sync contacts and all thatj jazz, then when you flash it will keep all your contacts and calander and good stuff like that.

Edited by GIMMEE

Guest Conagher

I just flashed my Omnia for the first time today by following the pdf in the first post, and it went flawless. I think the main thing is to make sure you have the usb driver installed first and have the phone hard reset, then it performed flawlessly.

Thanks..... ;)

Guest Nordic Easter

I flashed my Omnia last night. All works flawlessly with exception to the GPS; the very reason I risked the install. I have gone to Settings > Services > GPS and clicked Location On. I have soft reset the phone, I have dialed *228 option 1 & 2 and still three different software applications cannot detect my location? (Google maps, Bing Maps and Sportypal). Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem? Will clouds effect the GPS? I live in Seattle?

Guest JDawg183
I flashed my Omnia last night. All works flawlessly with exception to the GPS; the very reason I risked the install. I have gone to Settings > Services > GPS and clicked Location On. I have soft reset the phone, I have dialed *228 option 1 & 2 and still three different software applications cannot detect my location? (Google maps, Bing Maps and Sportypal). Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this problem? Will clouds effect the GPS? I live in Seattle?

The first thing you need to take into account is that the first time after you flash, it has absolutely no idea where you are so for some people, it can take up to even a half hour sitting out under clear skies. And yes, clouds can affect it. So can being indoors. The other thing that some people have reported to have helped them is that while it is searching for your location in a program that will allow you to do this, move the location on the map over your current location. Some have said it helps to give the GPS an idea of where to start.

Guest Nordic Easter
The first thing you need to take into account is that the first time after you flash, it has absolutely no idea where you are so for some people, it can take up to even a half hour sitting out under clear skies. And yes, clouds can affect it. So can being indoors. The other thing that some people have reported to have helped them is that while it is searching for your location in a program that will allow you to do this, move the location on the map over your current location. Some have said it helps to give the GPS an idea of where to start.

Thank You, I will try that! ;)

Guest Nordic Easter
Thank You, I will try that! ;)

Thank you! I left it on in the dash of my car whiole I was driving down the road. It works excellent! Thanks to all for the help! I now have a supercharged Omnia!

:D

Guest strong sad

Thanks for all the help!

If you have all your contacts in outlook then do not back up your contact using a third part back up system. I mean you can but most likely you will have everyone listed in there twice. It is easy to sync your phone after a flash you can just plug it back in and bam sync it right up. I have mine synced to an exchange server and when I backed up my contacts and restored them I had duplicates of every single contact in both my phone and in outlook. If you got them in outlook then don't worry about it.

Guest DrewMJohn
I just flashed my Omnia for the first time today by following the pdf in the first post, and it went flawless. I think the main thing is to make sure you have the usb driver installed first and have the phone hard reset, then it performed flawlessly.

Thanks..... ;)

Sorry guys..... one more dopey question... What are the usb drivers? I have activesync installed, is that what your talking about? I just want to be sure, hate to screw it up.