New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Crash220
The version that was supplied was 2.3. It will work fine.

Like I said,, I'm an idiot. I had downloaded that,, but the rar threw me

Flash is done *228 is done phone is resetting now.

Thanks,

Tom

Guest WoZZeR999
Sure, but what have you done to it?

I tried deleting a few useless things and building M2D into it. But after extracting the PDA image again, it didn't look like the original IMGFS. gotta figure out what went wrong.

Since I only flashed the PDA, I can flash it incorrectly as long as EBoot is not overwritten (hopefullly, I reflashed from the .img file).

Guest Are these my pants?
@Are these my pants?

you installed the 'SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6' driver and then rebooted your PC first, right? (I installed mine from the VZAccess CD I got from Verizon. Driver should be online somewhere too...)

Yeah, I had, but something I did killed it. I noticed that Active Sync had closed down. I rebooted and it flashed fine :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999

I have made the first (that I know of) cooked rom for the i910! I removed a few things, and cooked M2D into it. It still needs work, and I have a lot of testing to do, but I'm on my way to creating something good (at least in my eyes). I have a lot more to do, like figure out how to set data (I had to manually create the connection).

I have to find a place to upload it, it's 125 Megs.

Things (hopefully) removed:

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Divx Registration

FM Radio

Sample Music/Ringtones

Shozu

Samsung Widget

Config:

Don't warn on unsigned cabs

I used SztupY's automated kitchen to also optimize all exe's.

With M2D installed, I had ~68 megs of free device space after hard reset.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest blazingwolf
I have made the first (that I know of) cooked rom for the i910! I removed a few things, and cooked M2D into it. It still needs work, and I have a lot of testing to do, but I'm on my way to creating something good (at least in my eyes). I have a lot more to do, like figure out how to set data (I had to manually create the connection).

I have to find a place to upload it, it's 125 Megs.

Things (hopefully) removed:

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Divx Registration

FM Radio

Sample Music/Ringtones

Shozu

Samsung Widget

Config:

Don't warn on unsigned cabs

I used SztupY's automated kitchen to also optimize all exe's.

With M2D installed, I had ~68 megs of free device space after hard reset.

So I take it that you got it to work?

Guest WoZZeR999

Yeah, I was impatient, and didn't let the opening run long enough. I left for about 10 minutes, so I don't know how long the Verizon bar looped.

Guest whiplash000

...Okay...

So I tried flashing my i910 and I got this...

The progress bar froze at writing amss 29%

Device name:5&284a1e07&0&8

EBoot version=01.61

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing image finished...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Starting downloading...

PHONE-Erasing AMSS area complete...

PHONE-Writing failed at 29.

But, once i hit the reset button, it seemed to work fine. Should I bother flashing it again?

Guest semmtexx

I have enable GPS to location on and tried both windows managed and port 8 and baud rate given and still no go on the gps. Any suggestions? Have soft resetted a couple times too...

Guest WoZZeR999
...Okay...

So I tried flashing my i910 and I got this...

The progress bar froze at writing amss 29%

EBoot version=01.61

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing image finished...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Starting downloading...

PHONE-Erasing AMSS area complete...

PHONE-Writing failed at 29.

But, once i hit the reset button, it seemed to work fine. Should I bother flashing it again?

Hmmm, so something weird happened after flashing the phone? Make sure everything works correctly (phone calls out/recieves, and data works). I've seen mixed results with updating the phone part. I had trouble, and ended up having to call VZW, other seem to be fine.

Guest WoZZeR999
I have enable GPS to location on and tried both windows managed and port 8 and baud rate given and still no go on the gps. Any suggestions? Have soft resetted a couple times too...

Sit outside for about 5 minutes with google maps running. Does it say seeking (0) or whatever?

Guest whiplash000
Hmmm, so something weird happened after flashing the phone? Make sure everything works correctly (phone calls out/recieves, and data works). I've seen mixed results with updating the phone part. I had trouble, and ended up having to call VZW, other seem to be fine.

Yeah, I just noticed the phone radio won't turn on! I can't even program it! I tried to flash it again, but I got "Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile" in the log this time, as some other people have been having.

I'm using Windows 7 build 7057. This kinda sucks... I didn't brick it, but I can't really call it a phone now

Edited by whiplash000

Guest somedude

Dammit this is frustrating...I keep getting stuck @ 15%. The highest i got was 48%. Im following the pdf to a T.

Samsung latest drivers and Active sync 4.5 installed. Running xp. I always have problems when its time to flash :excl:.

Does anyone know a solution?

I wanted this GPS fix more than anyone!

Guest WoZZeR999
Dammit this is frustrating...I keep getting stuck @ 15%. The highest i got was 48%. Im following the pdf to a T.

Samsung latest drivers and Active sync 4.5 installed. Running xp. I always have problems when its time to flash :excl: .

Try a different USB port, If you are overclocking your PC, tune it down a bit. Anything that could cause any sort of error, and it may stop.

Guest Chugworth

Samsung latest drivers and Active sync 4.5 installed. Running xp. I always have problems when its time to flash :excl:.

You did remember to disable the "Allow USB connections" setting in ActiveSync, didn't you?

Guest taz55

I so badly want to do this. but I am worried about doing it. and THe pdf doesn't seem very clear to me. whats with the Chinese at the bottom. I am reading through posts trying to figure out where to download what and what to install where. Does anyone know if we will have any issues updating agian when the official release comes out?

anywho thanks to everyone for the help. and hard work.

Guest Saluki HHI
No, they won't. It is still a separate today plugin that must be on it's own.

Well I did it and it works flawlessly, got 6 sats in my house! It alot more customizable than the first version. Seems a little faster. no locks or errors yet, loaded Adv config 3.3, Batti both work fine. Missing the bigger phonebook tab from Today 2 but if that is the only sacrifice im good with that.

Guest Omega Ra
Well I did it and it works flawlessly, got 6 sats in my house! It alot more customizable than the first version. Seems a little faster. no locks or errors yet, loaded Adv config 3.3, Batti both work fine. Missing the bigger phonebook tab from Today 2 but if that is the only sacrifice im good with that.

you got Adv config 3.3 working?? I keep getting errors...maybe I should re-download the .cab...where do I get it again?

Guest somedude
You did remember to disable the "Allow USB connections" setting in ActiveSync, didn't you?

Yes, i followed the PDF down to a T.

And guess what....NOW MY PHONE IS BRICKED!!!!

It wont even power on. And the ironic thing is that the 1st step reached 100%. Then the phone shut off and died.

Anyway of reviving this dead phone? :excl:

Guest Omega Ra

This is the error I get, maybe someone can tell me what this means.

AdvancedConfig.exe

TypeLoadException

File or assembly name

'System.Windows.Forms,

Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKey Token=969DB8053D3322AC',

or one of its dependencies, was not

found.

Guest Solange82200

Dont worry Somedude, there are some smart guys here, they will help you. Be patient....

I havent done this yet, is it my understanding that on top of the stuff provided in the first post, I have to download a Samsung USb Driver onto my computer (not phone) and a Samsung CDMA modem? Where can I find the CDMA modem download? Thanks...