New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest semmtexx
Looks like this new ROM has new IE6 that's supposed to be like a desktop browser. Can anyone confirm?

-Keith

Hey Keith, it looks like PIE is a newer version.  I'm actually not sure how to check the version info though.  It doesn't come up in the menus.  you can pick between mobile and desktop view and the scrolling seems to be a little better than previous.  Still, opera wails on it though.  PIE just plain sux.

Guest Solange82200

You guys are bad, leave him alone lol. Seriously, I feel so bad for him, that it my worst nightmare right now that I'll flash this thing and end up bricking it. I have everything ready to go but I cant bring myself to take the plunge....

Guest enkryptik

Flashed the ROM and everything seems good so far. Got phone, data, still gotta test gps. Loading all my apps back. Thanks for the awesome ROM update

I flashed as well with no problems, the only weird thing is why is SMS still slow. It scrolls slow, when i try to go back a page clicking on the link is still slow to respond. Any suggestions? :excl:

Guest Solange82200

Can someone please explain this part of the tutorial:

"2-2. Driver Installation (Phone)

When you download the phone image, you need the driver of Samsung CDMA Modem.

If you want to download the phone image, install the Samsung CDMA Modem driver.

Guest Bern612
All i have is the extended warranty with verizon.

If i go to a verizon store, and say my "phone stopped working" im assuming that they will try to fix it? Or will they just give me a replacement and call it a day?

I dont want them trying to fix the phone, because theyll see that i tried to flash it.

I cant believe im the only one who bricked...Just my luck :excl: .

Honestly if you can't get it to turn on then they won't either. I'd say take it in.. Then say "i woke up late my alarm on my phone didn't go off, and that is when i noticed that my phone wouldn't turn on. There not going to do any extenxive diagnosyics on it. They take it in the back room tell u to come back in 45 mins. The phone is to new and the proSPAMly don't have a lot of exeperince fixing them

Guest joex51
Honestly? I followed the pdf file in the GPS thread to a T, and that was all it took. Dont think I can improve on it.

I gave up on Samsung PST.

Where you on an XP machine or Vista?

Guest cheifkeiff

Hey has anybody had problems with slide to unlock because i have tried three versions 1.45, 1.52, and 1.62 all of them take the slider away and wont let my phone unlock. it worked fine before the flash. other then that gps is awesome and everything else seems to work fine

Guest Echew
I don't think your right about this. There are CDMA devices that have WM6.5 on them now but we can't use the GSM dlls so it had to be ported somehow. The trick is to just figure out how.

That wasn't what I was referring to. I meant mixing 6.1 DLLs and 6.5 DLLs...

Guest Solange82200

Also, when I launch the program, the button doesnt say this: "EBOOT+PDA+PHONE(+CSC)" . It says Unified Image File. This guide is really confusing

Guest Tim T.

The 'Unified Image File' is the right button to hit. It must've been an older version that was used to make the PDF. Other than that, it worked like a charm.

I flashed and it took me all of 15 minutes.

Working now with GPS active.

Take that VERIZON! You can take your $9.99 a month for VZ Navigator and shove it. :excl:

Thanks to all who got this going... NICE WORK!

Guest Adrynalyne
Where you on an XP machine or Vista?

Vista.

*Head Explodes*

Not your fault, its just that is something I have had to say in dang near every other post lately.

I'm gonna add it to my signature.

Vista!

Guest rosenhauer

It looks like MortScript is preloaded also. It shows up in the services.

Also has anyone else has issues with tMan? On mine it uses like 50-60% of the CPU constantly. Didn't do that on the old ROM.

Guest nutty123
This is not an official release and WILL void your warrantee

Out of curiousity, what will happen when/if VZW does in fact release the update? If we choose to install the VZW update will it just overwrite this ROM? Or could it potentially brick it? Or? I am curious if the current ROM that everyone is using is the pseudo-official release or if it's just part of it and that VZW/Samsung are going to include other stuff in the release also.

I, like others, have all the stuff, but just waiting to see if I get enough courage to do it.

Guest Chugworth
Hey Keith, it looks like PIE is a newer version.  I'm actually not sure how to check the version info though.  It doesn't come up in the menus.  you can pick between mobile and desktop view and the scrolling seems to be a little better than previous.  Still, opera wails on it though.  PIE just plain sux.

Whoa! This is what the browser reports when in desktop mode:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
And this is what the browser reports when in mobile mode:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400

But that's not all. Flash works, as well as YouTube. :excl:

Guest djdavid60

I'm trying to muster up the courage to apply the upgrade. I have enough bricks leftover from a landscaping project. Don't need anymore.

Guest winmar
Thanks Adrynalyne, I think Im finally working up the nerve to do it. I am totally freaking out here!

Go ahead, I also used Vista and it worked like a charm, Make sure you follow the PDF and you should be fine.

Guest Solange82200

I am in the process now of doing it, it says on my phone its loading. I am literally going to hyperventilate if this thing goes wrong. I kept telling myself dont do it, dont take the chance, but it's too tempting seeing you guys talk about it!

Oh my god, its done, its restarting. Im afraid to touch it

Edit: I was freaking out, the Verizon screen was taking forever to load, but now its on! Im going to test it and report back! No brick so far, yeehaw!

Edit 2: Called out, it works! Didnt even have to cal *611 or anything! I am now messing with the widgets, awesome!!

Edited by Solange82200