New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Eschelon
and just to confirm.. SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 work perfectly fine as well as all the other SPB products on the cc20 rom

just had one question... alittle off topic but is there a app or a rom out yet for the latest compatible mobile flash player?

thanks in advanced

Yes, SPB Mobile Shell 3 works with the CC20 ROM. In fact, one of blazingwolf's recipes has SPB Mobile Shell cooked right in (you just need your registration key)

As far as your question goes, are you talking full-blown flash?.. or just flash-lite?

Edited by Eschelon

I decided to give ROM flashing a try. My setup is INTEL iMac, VMWare running current Vista. I followed the instructions and fed UMDL the CC20 img. DETECT succeeded but the BOOT Loader download failed with a checksum error. My Omnia (as far as I can tell) was unharmed. (Can't say the same for me. I really did not like that error message since I thought at first I had an expensive paperweight.)

Is there any reason to believe this is a transient and try again? I realize it could be a USB glitch. Has anyone seen this? Suggestions?

Guest blazingwolf
I decided to give ROM flashing a try. My setup is INTEL iMac, VMWare running current Vista. I followed the instructions and fed UMDL the CC20 img. DETECT succeeded but the BOOT Loader download failed with a checksum error. My Omnia (as far as I can tell) was unharmed. (Can't say the same for me. I really did not like that error message since I thought at first I had an expensive paperweight.)

Is there any reason to believe this is a transient and try again? I realize it could be a USB glitch. Has anyone seen this? Suggestions?

Don't use the VMware. Boot straight in to Windows and it should work.

Guest coherent
BamDastard, could you do us a favor and update your first post, and put in big, bright, bold letters:

:D ;) DO NOT SELECT THE "INITIALIZE PHONE" OR "UPDATE BOOTLOADER" BOXES. THIS PREVENTS YOUR PHONE FROM CONNECTING TO 3G(DATA) AND POTENTIALLY FROM THE ENTIRE PHONE NETWORK. :D :D

OK, for the dummies like me who disn't notice, and had these boxes checked... is there a way to fix. Can't call out, receive calls or data. Should I get a replacement?

Don't use the VMware. Boot straight in to Windows and it should work.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, booting directly to Windows is not an option. The Mac is not set up to allow that and installing Boot Camp would mean a complete rebuild. Does anyone have a successful experience with doing i910 flashes using Vista running under VMWare on a Mac?

Guest theidoctor.org
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, booting directly to Windows is not an option. The Mac is not set up to allow that and installing Boot Camp would mean a complete rebuild. Does anyone have a successful experience with doing i910 flashes using Vista running under VMWare on a Mac?

you can give it a try and be the first to "test" it out!

Guest SUP3R-MAN

I really wish I could use this but link to the firmware on megaupload is no longer functioning :D . Does anyone know where I can find another version of the .img file i need for the uploader?

Guest BLOUSECLOWN
I really wish I could use this but link to the firmware on megaupload is no longer functioning :D . Does anyone know where I can find another version of the .img file i need for the uploader?

DUDE I know! It took me hours until I realized I had to download the actual ROM before I could flash, and that link was dead. Someone just a few posts up is providing a link for the stuff again. I downloaded it, installed and worked like a champ without one problem. I got the GPS working with google maps, make sure you get an account setup with google it didn't work until I logged in. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69628 Thanks to the genius who cooked this up!

Guest octoberprince78

Hey, my work has blocked all various download/torrent sites and Im unable to get i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Guest nathan312
Hey, my work has blocked all various download/torrent sites and Im unable to get i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

wait till you get home :D

Guest hypergig

BAFF GPSToggle v1.9... kicks my GPS into gear and BAM google maps works and BAM latitude works.. and BAM i am finally happy.

now.. lets push it...

I don't like the regular today screen.. i perfer the Samsung Today deal. But, naturally, BAFF GPSToggle is not compatible with the Samsung Today module so now I have to pick between the fat-finger-tastic-ness of the regular today screen with gps OR a better today interface with no gps. Why is there always a choice!

So is there any way I can have both?

Guest cobalt357

Im an new Omnia user. Went through a BB Cure, LG Dare, then the Omnia. Wanted unlocked GPS. Finally had the guts to try the flash. Took a couple tries but it did work with no apparent problems. GPS is unlocked for google maps and intermittently for Win Live Search.

The new flash is really nice. The keyboard is so cool with the pop up letters. It makes me wonder where this code came from, it is VERY HIGH END. IS it really a Samsung leak? Like, real Samsung code? Where did it come from?

Hey, is there an "arrow" key? If you mistype something and dont notice it, how can I go back 4 places with out backspacing?

BIG THANKS TO THEY PEOPLE THAT MADE THIS AVAILABLE.

Maybe I will keep the omnia. Its got pretty much all that I want, NOW thanks to you guys!!!!

Guest zfly9
Im an new Omnia user. Went through a BB Cure, LG Dare, then the Omnia. Wanted unlocked GPS. Finally had the guts to try the flash. Took a couple tries but it did work with no apparent problems. GPS is unlocked for google maps and intermittently for Win Live Search.

The new flash is really nice. The keyboard is so cool with the pop up letters. It makes me wonder where this code came from, it is VERY HIGH END. IS it really a Samsung leak? Like, real Samsung code? Where did it come from?

Hey, is there an "arrow" key? If you mistype something and dont notice it, how can I go back 4 places with out backspacing?

Maybe I will keep the omnia. Its got pretty much all that I want, NOW thanks to you guys!!!!

The button between the Send & End keys is an optical mouse.. just swipe over it from right to left to go back.

Guest necosino

It's a touch screen.. Touch where you want the cursor to go :D

Guest cobalt357
It's a touch screen.. Touch where you want the cursor to go :D

It is difficult to make the placement accurately with big fingers. An arrow key set would be most welcome. I find the optical mouse somewhat difficult to place accurately too.

Guest u441105
It is difficult to make the placement accurately with big fingers. An arrow key set would be most welcome. I find the optical mouse somewhat difficult to place accurately too.

I think what they meant was that you can use the center button as a D-Pad. There is an option under Settings > System > Optical Mouse to change the mouse to 4-way Navigation. Then to go back while texting all you need to do is swipe the button in the middle left.

Guest thetryal1

ok so i rommed my phone. works great except for the gps. im using google maps, and it wont connect to a signal. am i doing something wrong? i have it set to "use gps" and "location only". thanks

Guest elminsterr

is it just me or is the file on megaupload deleted? i really wanted this rom :D

Edited by elminsterr

Guest Pat Dailey
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :D .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

The link tothe new firmware does not work. Know anywhere else I can get the .img file?

Guest fyreman

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has had a problem syncing their contacts back to their phone after the ROM update. That's the only problem I've had.

The first time I synced it after the reboot, The contacts showed in the activesync on my pc. But it didn't sync them. I got everything back on the phone but the contacts. Now activesync on my pc doesn't even show contacts. Activesync on my phone is there but it's grayed out so it can't be selected.

I'm going to try and uninstall activesync on my pc, but I can't figure out how to uninstall it from my i910 so I can try reinstalling it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Otherwise I'm gonna have to manually key in my 209 contacts.

Thanks in advance

Guest JamRowZ
I grabbed it off the vzaccess CD that my phone came with. Im sure you can probably download it from their support site as well.

WHERE on the CD? I just cracked my CD, but since I already had ActiveSync 4.5 on my computer, it says everything is installed. I have a feeling this should be obvious, but it isn't. UMDL never detects my device.

Guest mnstrchmst

The site link to says invalid link or file deleted because it doesn't follow their "terms". Where else can we find it?

tanx

Guest cobalt357
I think what they meant was that you can use the center button as a D-Pad. There is an option under Settings > System > Optical Mouse to change the mouse to 4-way Navigation. Then to go back while texting all you need to do is swipe the button in the middle left.

Oh yeah, NOW I get it! I had the button set to mouse. The 4-way seems to answer my problem very nicely. THANKS for pointing that out!

Guest Tim J

I have an Omnia i910 with Verizon. I plan to flash the new ROM as I don't think Verizon will put a new one out. But before I do I wanted to experiment with making registry changes. This may be a stupid question but....I had bad luck with registry changes under windows. My question is if you mess up a change on the Omnia will it go back to default on a hard reset? or is there a way to undo registry changes if things don't quite go as planned?