Omnia i910 ROM by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

4-20-09 Update: Added personalizer and removed some more files and registry items that were not needed. :excl:

Please see the first post for the updated link.

Guest mike6

I've been following these threads on the new/cooked ROMs with interest and have done the NEW (beta) ROM flashing and, also, WoZZer's Cooked ROM and, for the most part, have been very satisfied. I notice that Adrynalyne appears to be active in both WoZZer's thread and, also, in this (blazingwolf) thread and was curious on his impressions of the pros and cons of each PDF modification.

Thanks, again, to all contributors. It is interesting and enlightening.

Guest blazingwolf
can you post images or does it look the same as wozzers?

Sure, I can post some but honestly the look is pretty stock right off the bat. I enabled the Samsung Today 2 plug in and BAF GPS toggle to show upon startup. Even the base theme is shown at start up (thought I plan on changing that soon).

I have left some things in like FMradio (because I use it) and removed other items that WhoZZeR999 doesn't. I have every intention on making some more changes though to make it more of what I like. Once I get ThrottleLauncher broken in to a usable OEM I will be making that my GUI since it is possible to have many looks, including a TF3D type theme. It will make things a little more versatile that way.

I'm also trying to play with WM 6.5 to see if I can get it working on our devices. Not a whole lot of luck yet though. :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
I've been following these threads on the new/cooked ROMs with interest and have done the NEW (beta) ROM flashing and, also, WoZZer's Cooked ROM and, for the most part, have been very satisfied. I notice that Adrynalyne appears to be active in both WoZZer's thread and, also, in this (blazingwolf) thread and was curious on his impressions of the pros and cons of each PDF modification.

The main difference right now is the files that have been left or have been removed. That will change as time goes on. Take a look at the first post of both threads as there is a list of items that have been removed and/or added. It can help you to decide whos ROM you would like to use. Feel free to ask question too as I will always try to answer them. :excl:

Guest Adrynalyne

You lost me. Impressions of what?

:excl:

Guest necosino

Basically if there are any performance boosts, etc, like the i900 roms give..

Which there wont be much of, since really its just different items removed / added :excl:

And since they're both based off the CC20 ROM, there shouldnt be much difference in stability / compatability either.

Edited by necosino

Guest Adrynalyne
Basically if there are any performance boosts, etc, like the i900 roms give..

Which there wont be much of, since really its just different items removed / added :excl:

And since they're both based off the CC20 ROM, there shouldnt be much difference in stability / compatability either.

Stability can always be a concern. While I have not tried wolf's rom, I've no doubt its just as stable and speedy as Wozzer's. They both know their stuff.

Guest mrdeadlock

Hi blazingwolf,

I've been using the stock rom since the night it came out. This evening I reformatted my Pc (active sync has been unreliable at best lately). I decided to flash some roms. I tried Wozzer V5 +m2d, I tried it without m2d. I really like the today 2 screen, and some of the things that were removed. Came searching and I found yours. I very much like the small things you added, and the default Today 2 screen. I'm now an avid fan of yours, so I hope to see some frequent updates. :-) Everything is working fine thus far. I'll let you know if i experience any problem, so we can get them fixed.

Have a nice night,

Deadlock.

Guest blazingwolf
Hi blazingwolf,

I've been using the stock rom since the night it came out. This evening I reformatted my Pc (active sync has been unreliable at best lately). I decided to flash some roms. I tried Wozzer V5 +m2d, I tried it without m2d. I really like the today 2 screen, and some of the things that were removed. Came searching and I found yours. I very much like the small things you added, and the default Today 2 screen. I'm now an avid fan of yours, so I hope to see some frequent updates. :-) Everything is working fine thus far. I'll let you know if i experience any problem, so we can get them fixed.

Have a nice night,

Deadlock.

Thank you. :excl:

I'm still working on some things. I have a small list in the first post that mentions what I would like to do. ROMs are never quite perfect. :excl:

Guest hacky-phone

Have anyone ever tried Flashing any ROM to SoftBank Omnia 930SC? Because its useless right now, no WM5.0 or 6.0 and no Wi-Fi capability. I would be willing to try on my phone if anybody would say it will work.

Thanks.

Guest blazingwolf
Have anyone ever tried Flashing any ROM to SoftBank Omnia 930SC? Because its useless right now, no WM5.0 or 6.0 and no Wi-Fi capability. I would be willing to try on my phone if anybody would say it will work.

Thanks.

I seriously doubt it would work. These ROMs are designed to work for a specific devices only.

Guest randallrld
I seriously doubt it would work. These ROMs are designed to work for a specific devices only.

I think the major differences from this and the Wozzer rom is that Wozzer's rom has a wifi problem and has removed the xvid codecs.

This version has the gps application and no wifi problems and has the xvid codec intact. So i been on tihs rom for the time being.

Guest jgilfor

I agree that, at least for now, Blazingwolf's cooked ROM is more stable (IMHO) than Wozzer's, and has none of the Verizon bloat that the vanilla leaked ROM does. Add SPB Mobile Shell 3, and you have a tremendous machine!

Guest blazingwolf
any joy with my little gift bro??

I cant access the other forum from work :excl:

Not yet. I haven't worked on it much since then though because of the family. I will be working on it it today though since I'm off from work. :excl:

Guest hacky-phone

If that's the case would there be somebody with great heart would ever try to make ROM for these phones, I would be the first one to jump into it...

Blazingwolf, Thank you anyway...

Guest Peter Brauer

I have flashed to Adrylyns and WoZZer's ROMs and now BlazingWolf. All were good in different ways, but like many others have succumbed to the disease that once you start flashing you can't stop yourself!

I have been using BlazingWolf's ROM since Friday and have to say it is excellent. I added SPB Mobile 3 2 days ago and the phone is finally living up to my expectations. GPS locks in about 5-10 seconds, memory usage is excellent, response time is great on apps and I have had NO stability issues whatsoever.

I upgraded to this phone from an HTC Vogue (Verizon Touch) for which I was using both ROMs from the HTC Geeks site and then the last several ROMs I cooked myself and I am extremely impressed. Until I figure out how to get my own kitchen working (I am still having problems) this will be what I run, and it will probably be the one I keep coming back to at this point.

Great work, and looking very forward to enhancements!

Guest blazingwolf
Is there someplace else I can download this? That site is filtered and I can't get to it from my workdesk.

Where can you download from? I will look in to putting a mirror there. I don't have an FTP or the like.

Guest Peter Brauer
@Peter Brauer,

Thank you for the nice comments. If you need help with the kitchen let me know. :excl:

Yeah, well....you know. Can't quite seem to get the kitchen to work for me yet no matter how many things I have tried. Guess I got pretty spoiled using BuildOS from PPC Kitchen!

Gonna keep working on it and see what I can come up with, would really like to be able to cook and share too!

Guest blazingwolf
I'd like to be able to cook as well. However, I don't have the faintest clue on how to do any of it lol.

Honestly, it isn't that hard. The hard part comes when you try to port something (at least this is true for me :excl:). If you would like some help just let me know.