Discuss / Research SPB Mobile Shell 3

Guest vishalm

Guest dwallersv

M2D users: If you want to switch to MS3 and rip M2D out without having to do hard reset and rebuilding your phone setup, look over here.

The instructions are rough, but should be doable for anyone. Doing this will reclaim about 21MB of Main Storage.

It's a bargain! Net savings in mem usage is about 14MB between MS3 and M2D, and for me at least, MS3 does a lot more for me than M2D does, since I don't use the media stuff (I have coreplayer), and with WeatherPanel M2D weather is pretty useless.

Guest HotLZ
I can't access the dialer from the homepage, either on professional or the lifestyle layout. Anyone else?

Don't know how or why, but it's working now. Not sure what I did to change anything.

Guest refine
Don't know how or why, but it's working now. Not sure what I did to change anything.

I'm also having that problem. The dial button does not work sometimes. I have to soft-reset it in order to get the dail button working.

ps. I'm using PhoneEx 1.3.5

Guest new2city
I have this same complaint about the clock, and alarms -- I want tclock to come up, not WM lamo clock app. I used the same solution as for ThumbCal for this too. It's actually better in one way as you get to tclock in fewer presses anyway with a widget on the home screen for it.

to get tclock to come up when clicking on the clock(only in professional layout though), is simple, just copy tclock.exe out to \, rename it to clock.exe and copy it back into the windows directory. and then NO more WM clock app..

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work with galarm.exe... seems that galarm.exe is looking for something it is running directory which is not in the windows directory.. Instead, I use your method to get galarm running by dropping in a widget pointing to galarm's exe in its working folder and placing it on my analog clock widget..

Edited by new2city

Guest Turborepu

a program called vjbrisk can redirect your exes. vijay555.com. works for any exe or lnk file. so when a program asks for clock.exe you can make it run tclock.exe.

Guest Neil5459
a program called vjbrisk can redirect your exes. vijay555.com. works for any exe or lnk file. so when a program asks for clock.exe you can make it run tclock.exe.

Excellent find Turborepu :excl: Must give this a try!

Link Here for those interested.

Guest new2city
Excellent find Turborepu :excl: Must give this a try!

Link Here for those interested.

trying it out right now :excl: , works great!

Edited by new2city

Guest 3shirts

I used VJBrisk to replace tclock but when I tap the clock in MS3 it still opens the windows default alarm. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Ok, I'm stupid. It is clock not tclock that needs editing. Done that and it works great.

Edited by 3shirts

Guest DJRedLine

SPB Menu: Seems like SPB are enjoying hiding features. Here's how to unlock the SPB Menu so you can add and remove links as you wish.

Navigate to: HKLM>Software>Spb Software House 2>Menu>Root

In there you will find folders that correspond to the menu items in the SPB Menu. E.G: Internet

You need to go into the folder and add a DWORD value called "Add" with the value of "1".

Once this is done, go to SPB Menu and open the Menu Catagory. Click the options button (bottom right) and you will see 3 new buttons.

Where do i add the DWORD?

Is it within HKLM>Software>Spb Software House 2>Spb Mobile Shell>Menu>Root or within 1 of the sub-folders?

tried adding it within 'Root' but didnt seem to do much

Guest samHDS

Hi. i tried that vjbrisk. however. now when i go settings, and wanting to open the clock and alarm settings, my g alarm will open. and i found out theres no way to get back the normal menu because the actual clock.exe have been replaced. any solutions?

will it affect the system? or it doesnt actually matter?

Guest vishalm
SPB Menu: Seems like SPB are enjoying hiding features. Here's how to unlock the SPB Menu so you can add and remove links as you wish.

In there you will find folders that correspond to the menu items in the SPB Menu. E.G: Internet

You need to go into the folder and add a DWORD value called "Add" with the value of "1".

Once this is done, go to SPB Menu and open the Menu Catagory. Click the options button (bottom right) and you will see 3 new buttons.

Is it within HKLM>Software>Spb Software House 2>Spb Mobile Shell>Menu>Root or within 1 of the sub-folders?

you have to add it within the sub folders.

Guest Linkinou

Facebook Integration is not working for me...

I click onto connect, then it makes connecting to facebook, then a blank page. It's really annoying. I Can't enter my adress email or my password, so it won't download profile pictures. Anyway i having this trouble?

Guest ralph78

Hi !!

Personally I think its a great application. Howevere I have one small problem. When I recive SmS message, on main screen (Pro layout or Life layout) under the message icon its still shown 0. Is it just me ? Of course message its not mark as read.

Guest Perilla_
Hi !!

Personally I think its a great application. Howevere I have one small problem. When I recive SmS message, on main screen (Pro layout or Life layout) under the message icon its still shown 0. Is it just me ? Of course message its not mark as read.

Go to your Today and launch it again.

Guest ralph78
Go to your Today and launch it again.

In the Today menu (item tab) I have Spb Weather and Spb Wireless Monitor. Both marked. I unmarked it and enable it again, and nothing has changed. Still showing 0 messages. Everything else works like a charm.

OK I have tried few times, and the I used SR and it worked. Thanks mate !!

Edited by ralph78

Guest jclsm

Did you get to remove a created link ?

Thanks

Guest new2city
Hi. i tried that vjbrisk. however. now when i go settings, and wanting to open the clock and alarm settings, my g alarm will open. and i found out theres no way to get back the normal menu because the actual clock.exe have been replaced. any solutions?

will it affect the system? or it doesnt actually matter?

it's still there, though. If you were to delete the new "clock.exe", the old one will resurface... and you have it back to wm old clock again.. Since Tclock from samsung can do whatever, the WM clock can do, just run tclock instead and leave galarm alone..

Edited by new2city

Guest semmtexx

Hey guys, this may have been asked or answered in some other thread but is there any way to make the top bar with the start button and other info transparent?

screen05.png

By semmtexx at 2009-04-20

Guest Mattster_SPV
Well, to hide the SIM contacts from the normal phonebook, you needed to go to HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone, then change "ShowSim" to 0. However, I tried it and it doesn't seem to work for the SPB contacts page. :excl:

Thanks Darren. I haven't found a way yet either... none of the fixes that work for the device contacts seem to work for spb contacts.

Does Anyone know how to stop sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page?

Does anyone know if there is an option or method yet of stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page? I know duplicate names was a problem with earlier spb mobile versions, and I can't remember if anyone found a successful way of getting rid of them?

Thanks,

Mattster.

Edited by Mattster_SPV

Guest jamesstone

Does anybody know how to change the text color to black? I work outdoors 90% of the time and I need to use a bright background image in order to see anything in the sunlight. So obviously white text on off white wallpaper doesn't work.

Guest efjay

Tried it, not that impressed. Not too much different than MS2 and really not as intergrated as TouchFlo 3D. Has its strong points but it comes across to me as just a glorfied app launcher.

Guest knotbeerdan

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet if so ignore this..

Last week i installed V3 and I loved it even went as far as to send the link to some of my friends. The problem is no camera!!! Not sure if i got a bad .exe but it totally screwed me. Why have such a good camera if i cannot use it? Anyway i think at this point i will wait for the release of the WM 6.5 update.

Just my .02

Guest nicoscy

(to get tclock to come up when clicking on the clock(only in professional layout though), is simple, just copy tclock.exe out to \, rename it to clock.exe and copy it back into the windows directory. and then NO more WM clock app..)

i did this and it does work. thanks

is there a way to make it show the next alarm in spb ms3 also?

Guest knotbeerdan

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet if so ignore this..

Last week i installed V3 and I loved it even went as far as to send the link to some of my friends. The problem is no camera!!! Not sure if i got a bad .exe but it totally screwed me. Why have such a good camera if i cannot use it? Anyway i think at this point i will wait for the release of the WM 6.5 update.

Just my .02