Discuss / Research SPB Mobile Shell 3

Guest vishalm

Guest Turborepu

i dont remember if i mentioned it but i did figure out how to make the life style screen scroll vertically but it conflicts with the swiping motion to go bsck to professional layout. once we can figure out if there is a way to disable that we should have freedom panning around in the pages.. its pretty simple if you compare the layout of the lockscreen 2 snd favcontacts.. just a matter of defining the drag rectangle size and changing the scrolly vslue to auto. i imagine it might be possible to do that on the professional screen too.. scrollx works if added too it seems.

Guest serexa
+1

I have found that the ThumbCal integration patch designed for 2.1.5 works to a degree. It will add links to ThumbCal such as new appointment and day/month view. It doesn't totally replace the calendar (if you go into the calendar pane in MS3 and enter a new appointment it will still do so with the standard WM form) but I have just placed widgets linking to the 'New Appointment' and 'Month View' shortcut on my Lifestyle Home page.

Here is the link: http://www.thumbapps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=154

As I said in my previous post, I think the final retail release will allow for more integration as that is the most requested feature on the SPBclub forums.

I have used successfully used, as decribed in the link, ThumbCal for about one week but now it doesn't work at all. Could this be because of the registration? Since after installing this file into the ThumbCal folder, it asks weather we want to register it. I have replied "yes" and followed.

Any suggestions?

Guest dwallersv
just put a widget for PIE or Opera there, that is what I did.

Sorry... I wasn't very clear.

I'm not looking for a button simply to open the browser (got that already). I want to put a button to open a website directly -- an internet "favorite".

Guest aleis
Add file, and look for the favorite lnk.

where is the option for add file?

is it when you push add widget?

i would like to add the ink to BAF gps! :excl:

Guest surethom

On the lifestyle home screen does anyone know how to make the digital clock have a white background like on Android you can hardly see it on the screen :excl:

Guest tammam

Hey guys, how do you access the content of the dat files to edit the layouts etc.? I renamed it to .zip but could not extract any of the files as they seem to be password protected.

Thanks

Guest serexa
Another tip for customising the launcher. If you want to create another folder in that bottom right blank space:

- Go to HKLM\Software\SPB Software House 2\SPB Mobile Shell\Menu\Root\

- Create a new key called whatever you want your new folder to be.

- Copy the contents of the 'My Shortcuts' key into the one you just created

- Change the value of the 'Text' string to be the name of the folder.

Changing the 'Index' value changes which position in the grid the folder appears (0 is top left, 8 is bottom right). The 'Image' value will change the icon as follows:

0 = Toolbox

1 = Phone with envelope

2 = Globe

3 = Calendar

4 = Shortcuts

5 = Program Folder

6 = Camera and clapperboard

7 = Cog/Spanner

You can also rename any of the existing folders by going to that same key and changing the 'Text' string in the relevant key. You don't have to rename the key itself but may want to for consistency.

Would it be possible to assign other icons than the above?

Guest wyldthng

hmmm...........

So far not bad - it is taking a bit to discover everything...

Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the calender on the Professional Layout and in the calender widget? All I want to see is my upcoming appointments - I really want to get rid of the silly "grid" calender that always seems to clutter up the bottom. We used to be able to get rid of it in MS 2.1

Any ideas??

Guest racerfern

I just installed SPB3. Having come from Winterface this seems a lot more stable. I'm impressed how I've twisted it all kinds of ways and it hasn't hiccuped once.

I use Elecont Weather. Can someone direct me how to have Elecont Weather be the displayed weather on the SPB screen?

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
Edit the profile "normal" in spb shell,,there is a tab for it.

For those who dont´t recive notifications(unread messages...)in the sms widget,etc. Go to normal wm today, right tab-today ,and close the operator welcome message at start,then it works.

Another thing,in this version(i suppost beta) we can´t delete the registry call in spb,what happen´s when it is full?

ok and another bug is active task still popped up once more a minute or so right after snooze it for 1 hour, not seeing this with v2. All other email, text messages notification still worked fine.

Edit the profile "normal" in spb shell,,there is a tab for it.

For those who dont´t recive notifications(unread messages...)in the sms widget,etc. Go to normal wm today, right tab-today ,and close the operator welcome message at start,then it works.

Another thing,in this version(i suppost beta) we can´t delete the registry call in spb,what happen´s when it is full?

ok and another bug is active task still popped up once more a minute or so right after snooze it for 1 hour, not seeing this with v2. All other email, text messages notification still worked fine.

Guest Th3rmal

WOW. omg this is such an improvement on SPB 2.1.5

I actually didnt want to try it because i didnt like SPB 2.1.5, but this is like amazing, its so good.

Dont know if ill switch from M2D to SPB, because i really like the photo tab and music tab, as well as the weather. But this is certainly a contender :excl: . Might have to flash a new rom to get full experiance from it...hmmm...

Edit: hmm my omnia seems to be going alot slower now, it stalled a couple of times trying to change the background on spb3 but now ever program takes like 10 seconds to load :S

Edited by Th3rmal

WOW. omg this is such an improvement on SPB 2.1.5

I actually didnt want to try it because i didnt like SPB 2.1.5, but this is like amazing, its so good.

Dont know if ill switch from M2D to SPB, because i really like the photo tab and music tab, as well as the weather. But this is certainly a contender :excl: . Might have to flash a new rom to get full experiance from it...hmmm...

Edit: hmm my omnia seems to be going alot slower now, it stalled a couple of times trying to change the background on spb3 but now ever program takes like 10 seconds to load :S

True that SPB shell3 is smooth but a bit slower than fast v2: slow to fully display icons, opening apps, and forgot that it can not (or I don't know how) add a widget with a link to its .exe or browse directly from explorer like v2 in add/remove programes under customisable menu/submenu feature.

But v3 is good to show off :excl: and if it would not drain or hang or do crazy stuff then I probably keep it.

Guest Mattster_SPV

(REPOSTED: Still looking for an answer....)

Stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page

Does anyone know if there is an option or method yet of stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page? I know duplicate names was a problem with earlier spb mobile versions, and I can't remember if anyone found a successful way of getting rid of them? I imagine most people have a copy of contacts on device and sd card, no?

Mattster.

Guest DJRedLine
Hey guys, how do you access the content of the dat files to edit the layouts etc.? I renamed it to .zip but could not extract any of the files as they seem to be password protected.

Thanks

Password is - b0fm18zq

Guest mementomori

he guys.

sofar i like spb 3 a lot. What i dont like is that you cant change the the menu's in launcher, you cant put the lay out of the catergories on grid.

Another thing i would like to change is to open de launcher in the categorie page instead of the favorites page.

laterzz

Guest 3shirts
he guys.

sofar i like spb 3 a lot. What i dont like is that you cant change the the menu's in launcher, you cant put the lay out of the catergories on grid.

Another thing i would like to change is to open de launcher in the categorie page instead of the favorites page.

laterzz

Try reading through this thread! :excl:

Guest DJRedLine

What i would like is to have the professional clock available as a widget to be put on the lifestyle page, as i dont like the digital clocks currently available.

I have found that the file qpw_dclock_modern.dat contains the files, but now need to figure out how to turn it into a widget ???

Guest ElDiablo77
(REPOSTED: Still looking for an answer....)

Stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page

Does anyone know if there is an option or method yet of stopping sim contacts from appearing in the spb contact page? I know duplicate names was a problem with earlier spb mobile versions, and I can't remember if anyone found a successful way of getting rid of them? I imagine most people have a copy of contacts on device and sd card, no?

Mattster.

Hi use a program like PIM Backup or SPB Backup 2 make a copy of ur contacts th@ u can store in my storage & delete all ur sim contacts.......it really is simple 2 do & I dont use sim contacts any more like I did on my previous fone.

Guest Mattster_SPV
Hi use a program like PIM Backup or SPB Backup 2 make a copy of ur contacts th@ u can store in my storage & delete all ur sim contacts.......it really is simple 2 do & I dont use sim contacts any more like I did on my previous fone.

Hi ElDiabo77.

I like the idea, but then after every flash of a new ROM, I would have to rely on PIM Backup working properly. In my experience, sometimes it doesn't. Good idea though, I may try it.... Thanks.

Mattster.

Guest mementomori
Try reading through this thread! :excl:

3shirts for replying. I've read the thread.. you read my question again :excl:

im not talking about links or to add apps. Im talking about the pages on the launcher. There are two pages. the one with favorites and one with categories. Laucher opens on the favorites page, but i want it to open on the other page.. the category page (which i already customize)

laterzzz