OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest robertut
Hello, I see one problem:

If I don´t run IGO, the battery last X days, but if I run IGO and after use it I close the program the battery expire in few hours/1 day.

It is as if TMC continue running after close program.

I prove with TMC activated and desactivated on IGO, with the same result. On diferents days and with full battery.

If turn off and turn on the phone or soft reset, battery expire normaly. But else battery expire in few hours/1 day.

It´s means that TMC continue running although I close the IGO.

Any solution??

Bye

Exactly this happened to me last week. I had to uninstall it...

Guest illusion786

If your not using the tmc app, you have to manually deactivate both the fmradio & the serial port. They are always in memory and running, which is why you see the battery drain.

I experienced this to but the app is still in beta. Im sure Beemrider will sort it out soon.

Guest vs0587
But, if not run IGO or reboot omnia before use it, not problem!!

Bye

Add in sys.txt:

[gps]

source="virtlserial"

to resolve this issue..

Guest rungvang

I installed TMC and I got only "OpemnDevice: FAILURE, Error: The specified network resource of device...."

I searched the dll file and seem that AdvFMRadio.dll is there, Registry key is there, installed the SDK Certs....

What to do?

Edited by rungvang

Guest BeamRider
I installed TMC and I got only "OpemnDevice: FAILURE, Error: The specified network resource of device...."

I searched the dll file and seem that AdvFMRadio.dll is there, Registry key is there, installed the SDK Certs....

What to do?

Are you using a custom ROM? Does this ROM have FM Radio support?

Guest nikita13warrior

I am having exactly the same problem and yes, I am running the custom ROM canbe found : http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...for-omnia-i910/ or so-called "idoctor"

Please let me knwo if any other rom is needed or there are any .cabs that I can install to update the radio if it's needed

Thanks

Guest BeastleeUK
Ok, followed this thread with great interest the past weeks.

For me the beta 2 works great and i have thought alot about an antenna to my carcharger.

I noticed that i go a good signal when i had my usb cable inserted so for some reason it uses the antenna pin.

I ordered i carcharger with usb output and voila, i have perfect fm signal in my car without having to modify any carcharger with my poor knowledge of soldering:-)

So now im cruising the streets of sweden with an IGo packet with nice information about queues and accidents:-)

Thanks Beamrider for your work, will donate!

/Djungelola

Djungelola, can you tell us exactly which one you ordered? If it works then it's a perfect solution for us.

Guest Centaur

I have been testing tmc over the last couple of weeks and have noticed that when i am using a Dimka skin that igo has a fatal error when it recieves a tmc incident and then crashes. Upon restarting igo it is then that the auto tune function stops at 107.7 but if the device is soft reset the tuner works fine until recieving tmc incident again. I have also tested with 1 of the gurgeon skins with no crashing at all so maybe there is something clashing between tmc and the Dimka skins??

Guest nikita13warrior

I searched the dll file and seem that AdvFMRadio.dll is not there, Registry key isn't there, couldn't find the SDK Certs....

I am in USA and trying to test it over here, I got Verizon and use the custom rom from idoctor http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...for-omnia-i910/

Can anyone please help how to make it working in USA?

Thanks

Guest jclsm

Wich soft is most uptodate to our Omnia ? This one or Hyper_GPS from XDA developers (beta5 available) ?

:D

Edited by jclsm

Guest a3nalin

Hey Beamrider,

any news about the progress? First of all concerning the sound issue(s)?

Best regards

Guest BeamRider
Wich soft is most uptodate to our Omnia ? This one or Hyper_GPS from XDA developers (beta5 available) ?

I have not much time to follow the XDA work right now, but is that software compatible with Omnia? Unless I missed something the answer is no. Can someone confirm?

Anyone can answer my question above

Please if anyone has it working, please let me know how

Thank you

Have you installed the OmniaTMC in main or storage memory? From your post appears that the cab is not installing the file, but if you can't find the registry keys, you don't have original FM radio driver (and its registry keys) too.

Try to obtain the i910 FM radio registry keys (in i900 are in the same location where OmniaTMC writes its own: HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\FMRadio) from an official Samsung ROM and to reinstall OmniaTMC.

Regarding the "audio" problems ... I'm still trying to figure out what it is happening, but I had to reduce the effort because I don't have so much free time atm. Anyway appears that if you use a non hearphone antenna the problem is not happening, this is just a workaround, I know ...

Guest gazbake27
That message comes out when AdvFMRadio is not starting up. Possible causes are:
  • SDK Certs is not installed
  • File AdvFMRadio.dll missing from \Windows
  • Check that "\HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\FMRadio\DLL" registy key is FMRadio.dll (old driver) or AdvFMRadio.dll (new one)

Which ROM are you using? On which firmware is based upon? Was the FM radio working before?

I was discussing that with some i910 users, the FM radio driver of i910 is pretty the same of i900 one and there are good chanches that this will work as is. If someone wants to try, I strongly suggest to backup the device first. If the phone boots after AdvFMDriver activation (and I bet it will), there's 90% probability of everything working fine.

your links dead plz reupload

Use this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/223562328/SDKCerts.cab.html

Did anyone try OmniaTMC in USA? I don't know which channel is for TMC.

Never mind. iGo8 can automatically scan for TMC signal.

But when iGo8 finds a channel with TMC signal, it displays "CA-TMC (No key)". What does it mean?

Edited by kkll

Guest nikita13warrior

I tried so many different things and still cannot do anything. Could anyone please help?

I checked AdvFMRadio.dll and my rom doean't have it. I also downloaded couple SDK Cert cabs, but I need to know if there's any difference in them or they are universal? How do I get AdvFMRadio.dll?

I tried to install the TMC both on main and on storage, but it doesn't work

Please help

Guest Zombia

Great app it works perfect. Recieving the TMC data on one of the radio stations and shows up in iGO8 as traffic jam and police control.

But...

I have made an antenna "a wire" on pin 1 in the connector and it receives radio signal.

But when i plugin the adapter to the car cigaret lighter the signal disappears for some reason i dont understand.

The antenna wire hangs free "not shielded or whatsoever" in the air and pin 1 and 2 are not shorted...

Just checked again with my multimeter if its really make no contact with the minus.

Its like maybe the radio gets turned of when the Omnia seeing it gets charged ?

What can it be?

Edit: nevermind , it was mentioned allready in Post #253

The adapter i have modded i am not sure about what kind it is.

Its the cheapest i seen in The Netherlands at the store named BLOKKER , costs only 2,99 Euro

Edit 2 : opened the voltage converter plug and its having a IC named MC34063 in it.

So its DC/DC switching regulator that most likely produses too much Radio Frequency Interfearence.

Will have a look in some old electronics if i can find some ferrite + a capacitor that i can use to have it blocking the RFI

going out to the Omnia plug over the plus and minus wires.

To be continued....

Edited by Zombia

Guest nikita13warrior
I tried so many different things and still cannot do anything. Could anyone please help?

I checked AdvFMRadio.dll and my rom doean't have it. I also downloaded couple SDK Cert cabs, but I need to know if there's any difference in them or they are universal? How do I get AdvFMRadio.dll?

I tried to install the TMC both on main and on storage, but it doesn't work

Please help

Sorry for the trouble, it finally went through. All I needed was the SDKCert.cab file, and it looks like it is a universal file, cause I downloaded mine from a different location and no connection to Omnia was mentioned.

Anyway, it looks like it working now, but I cannot get it working in IGO: IGO sees it, but cannot locae any TMC signal. Maybe it's not supported in USA?

Anyone knows?

Thanks

Sorry for the trouble, it finally went through. All I needed was the SDKCert.cab file, and it looks like it is a universal file, cause I downloaded mine from a different location and no connection to Omnia was mentioned.

Anyway, it looks like it working now, but I cannot get it working in IGO: IGO sees it, but cannot locae any TMC signal. Maybe it's not supported in USA?

Anyone knows?

Thanks

iGo8 can scan for TMC signal automatically, but you need to purchase a license to decode TMC signal in USA.

Guest nikita13warrior
iGo8 can scan for TMC signal automatically, but you need to purchase a license to decode TMC signal in USA.

Thanks. I heard they are starting a free one in New York metropolitan area soon. Hope it will happen soon

Guest lostunsunghero

hi,

ive recently installed the beta and it shows there is a signal etc in the program, however im not sure how to egt it working in igo8. my undertsanding is that the program (omniatmc) has to be running at the same time as igo8 so i activate all the stuff at the bottom get my signal start up igo8 and then scan for tmc automatically. igo finds the tmc hardware and then starts auto scanning at which point it does nothing at all, the phone hasnt frozen and igo hasnt crashed because i can quit out using the task manager or simply pushing the end call key on the omnia.

my firmware version :ACHJ2 (vodafone firmware)

igo8 version : 8.3.2 build 80621

cheers

(p.s. i hope its not the case that i have to install samsungs own firmware onto my phone because i have a ton of apps and games which would take hours to reinstall)

hi,

ive recently installed the beta and it shows there is a signal etc in the program, however im not sure how to egt it working in igo8. my undertsanding is that the program (omniatmc) has to be running at the same time as igo8 so i activate all the stuff at the bottom get my signal start up igo8 and then scan for tmc automatically. igo finds the tmc hardware and then starts auto scanning at which point it does nothing at all, the phone hasnt frozen and igo hasnt crashed because i can quit out using the task manager or simply pushing the end call key on the omnia.

my firmware version :ACHJ2 (vodafone firmware)

igo8 version : 8.3.2 build 80621

cheers

(p.s. i hope its not the case that i have to install samsungs own firmware onto my phone because i have a ton of apps and games which would take hours to reinstall)

You don't need to run OmniaTMC while using iGo8.