OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

As I'm not able to make soldered connection to my toaster even, I was trying to find something, what will be replacement of such. Well, looking at the description - it SHOULD work.

Here's the link:

Samsung S 20 pin Multi Adapter AAET554CBE Omnia i900 UK

alternatively, you can Google for: Samsung S 20 pin Multi Adapter AAET554CBE Omnia i900. As the cost is (I think) acceptable, I'll buy it, and when will be delivered, I'll try to have some TMC working on it :D

Would be great to know if that works as quite a few of us have hands small and controlled enough to solder a cable themselves :lol:

Please, Please report back when the adapter arrives

Edited by gemx

Guest sat1950

Hi beamRider

i can confirm new version is workig on my omnia,also I just noticed if you connect usb cable to omnia and donot connect other end to pc i was able to receive stations.

Guest wkmmx500
Would be great to know if that works as quite a few of us have hands small and controlled enough to solder a cable themselves :(

Please, Please report back when the adapter arrives

See my post above (#132). This adapter can not be used as antenna. Everything else works but there is no TMC reception with the adapter connected/ in between headset cable and Omnia. Unfortunately :D :lol: :lol:

Guest DAlma

So my car charger is modified :D I can receive TMC now during charging, but the signal strength can be sure improved...

The next days I will check it under real situation

Edited by DAlma

Guest ciboonia

Hi, just a quick question, i live far down south in Melbourne Australia, now I'm getting a signal CA-TMC (key ok) but no traffic events appear. So my question is will this work if the tmc service in Australia is subscription based, as in you need to pay for it, because i think that may be the case down here. Thanks.

Guest BeamRider
Hi, just a quick question, i live far down south in Melbourne Australia, now I'm getting a signal CA-TMC (key ok) but no traffic events appear. So my question is will this work if the tmc service in Australia is subscription based, as in you need to pay for it, because i think that may be the case down here. Thanks.

Here I am again (I took some days off the project :D )

Regarding the cable, very good news indeed, I'll try right now with the USB cable ... the only problem I see is that you can't charge in this way, but I'm glad too see people finding solutions.

To anybody asking to me to modify their chargers. I would like to help but I think that the solution is quite expensive due to shipping and I have very little time (so long delivery time). I strongly suggest to ask someone that has experience in console modding (usually they have gret soldering skill :lol:) and bring them the cable.

Beta 2 is coming, I would like to have some more time to better investigate sound issues, but I think that releasing the sound path fix has priority than looking at iGO slowdown (that will go to Beta 3). Expect it in the weekend ... It will have some minor fixes and the new audio routing feature.

The "CA-TMC" indicates that the TMC data is encrypted and "(key ok)" means that iGO has the right key to decode them. Here in Italy we also have encrypted TMC on RTL and, with the same indication as you, I can get traffic data (just to confirm that iGO supports encrypted TMC). If the sofware doesn't have the right key it says "CA-TMC (no key)". Which station are you tuning to?

Guest jclsm
So my car charger is modified :D I can receive TMC now during charging, but the signal strength can be sure improved...

The next days I will check it under real situation

Hi, Can you post your findings, please ?

I dont know much about electricity but perhaps it could be done like this:

- open the plug of a cable charger;

- open the plug of a cable antenna;

Mix the cables in only one plug respecting each original connector position.

What do you think ?

Thanks

Edited by jclsm

Guest pappaman

Great Work BeamRider!

I love this project because it gives a function to the Omnia Samsung probably never thought about.

Although of very little use in the country I live in (The Netherlands has too few connecting roads to avoid traffic without losing more time :D ), I tried the software anyway and it works great except for the allready known sound-issues.

I even tried the car charcher mod but as soon as I looked at the pins (after removing te wire and solder) they snapped of (damn those pins are tiny). Fortunately my wife was able to pull the pins with her fingernails so i could solder wires to the very top of the pins and push them back in. The charcher is a bit dodgy now because of this but it charges (if I go over a speedbump it does'nt for a short moment :lol: ) and I'm receiving TMC data.

Didn't try a real life situation yet but will give it a spin the next time I drive to work.

When the old TMC topic started I thought this would never be possible but I'm glad you've proven me wrong.

Thanx for this great effort, and keep up the good work

Guest robertut

Hi!

On another Omnia device, I get this error after clicking 'Activate AdvFMR' and rebooting:

OpenDevice: FAILURE

Error:

The specified network resource or device

I guess the error message text is longer but it doesn't fit in the window, and can't be scrolled.

There are also more errors right before rebooting, but I can't quote those, because they appear only for a fraction of second right before the device restarts.

Firmware version:

PDA: i900XDHK1/XDHK2

TEL.: i900XXHJ2

Edited by robertut

Guest illusion786
Hi!

On another Omnia device, I get this error after clicking 'Activate AdvFMR' and rebooting:

I guess the error message text is longer but it doesn't fit in the window, and can't be scrolled.

There are also more errors right before rebooting, but I can't quote those, because they appear only for a fraction of second right before the device restarts.

dont worry i think thats normal, you get that message when you activate because the driver isn't loaded in the memory which is why it needs to reboot to get the driver loaded.

Guest sat1950
Hi!

Firmware version:

PDA: i900XDHK1/XDHK2

TEL.: i900XXHJ2

try these steps

unintall TMC drive

insall SDKcert

then install TMC driver

Guest kaisersosey

It works for me and I'm getting TMC signal on both (car and wall) chargers, after following the instuctions in the pdf to the letter.

Tried restarting IGO several times and still works.

Thanks a lot Beamrider, you rock man !!

Guest esticbo
Beta 2 is coming, I would like to have some more time to better investigate sound issues, but I think that releasing the sound path fix has priority than looking at iGO slowdown (that will go to Beta 3). Expect it in the weekend ... It will have some minor fixes and the new audio routing feature.
Very good thing, waiting for your new beta :D .

When you write "Igo slowdown" which mean?? The velocity of Igo or of the sound of Igo

Guest DAlma
Hi, Can you post your findings, please ?

I dont know much about electricity but perhaps it could be done like this:

- open the plug of a cable charger;

- open the plug of a cable antenna;

Mix the cables in only one plug respecting each original connector position.

What do you think ?

Thanks

Hi jclsm,

You don´t need to know much about electricity. Beamrider already posted the pin plan of the connectors. Important to know is that PIN1 is shorted or directly connected to PIN2, which is the ground. I modified my charger like posted already in this thread. I think it is described on page 3 (Beamrider described it). Take this as a manual and you will be successfull

Guest ciboonia
Here I am again (I took some days off the project :D )

Regarding the cable, very good news indeed, I'll try right now with the USB cable ... the only problem I see is that you can't charge in this way, but I'm glad too see people finding solutions.

To anybody asking to me to modify their chargers. I would like to help but I think that the solution is quite expensive due to shipping and I have very little time (so long delivery time). I strongly suggest to ask someone that has experience in console modding (usually they have gret soldering skill :lol: ) and bring them the cable.

The "CA-TMC" indicates that the TMC data is encrypted and "(key ok)" means that iGO has the right key to decode them. Here in Italy we also have encrypted TMC on RTL and, with the same indication as you, I can get traffic data (just to confirm that iGO supports encrypted TMC). If the sofware doesn't have the right key it says "CA-TMC (no key)". Which station are you tuning to?

Hi Breamrider, thanks for the quick reply. I'm using 104.3 as this is apparently the station i need in Melbourne. Also another question, in igo should the gps be tuned to port 4 as well as the tmc?

Ok i just went back to ver 8.0 with previous maps and it seems to work now, but i still get issues with the gps ports.

Edited by ciboonia

Guest BeamRider
Hi Breamrider, thanks for the quick reply. I'm using 104.3 as this is apparently the station i need in Melbourne. Also another question, in igo should the gps be tuned to port 4 as well as the tmc?

Ok i just went back to ver 8.0 with previous maps and it seems to work now, but i still get issues with the gps ports.

Hi, you can use GPS on any available port ... so COM3 (default GPS port) or COM4 (GPS/TMC port). I also noticed that if TMC also provides GPS information, iGO appers to be using GPS data coming from TMC also if you specified a different GPS port into its setup. Nothing to be worried about, but keep it in mind if you plan to use an external GPS.

Edited by BeamRider

Guest Fapuma80

Hi All!

First of all thanks to BeamRider! Nice work!

I can just join all the people responding before me and confirm that its working great by function.

However, I'm experiencing battery drain. Usually my phone lasts for 4-5 days. After installing the app, it lasted only for 1. Then I removed the app, charged the battery full. In 2,5 days the battery went down to 40% then I installed the app again and the battery went down to 0 in about 8 hours.

I still need to test it more to check it and also I will create the log files.

I use the latest version and have the fix for "virtlserial" so I don't have any errors.

Is anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Guest leelou

Great Work! Beamrider.

Works perfetly in Spain.

I've got a question:

When we don't use the TMC, must deactivate something? TMC driver or port is still working and spending battery?

Thanks!

Guest jclsm
Hi jclsm,

You don´t need to know much about electricity. Beamrider already posted the pin plan of the connectors. Important to know is that PIN1 is shorted or directly connected to PIN2, which is the ground. I modified my charger like posted already in this thread. I think it is described on page 3 (Beamrider described it). Take this as a manual and you will be successfull

Hi Dalma,

I did open the plug of a Samsung original car charger. The cables inside are very well protected with a second white F* plastic. So nothing to do.

A car charger with a plug that can easily be open (like the pictures in previous pages) is needed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Guest speci

Hello,

the soft works fine on my omnia with igo but is it possible to access from the navigon mobile navigator 7 on the tmc signal?

O tried it but without success.

Guest a3nalin
So we are back to the FMRadio driver audio behaviour. :D *sigh*

Hi Beamrider,

I'm also using iGo 8.3.2.64873 with your OmniaTMC (GPS Port 3 TMC Port 4; no sys.txt entry concerning "vrtlserial") and it's working perfectly looking at the TMC functionality.

But I'm experiencing the "low noise" issue (playing the Igo sound at a very low level; like a reverse-micky-mouse-effect as described before here), too.

And I want to be able to use the headset-cable for receiving TMC messages and playing the igo audio via car speakers (connected to car radio) without producing a self-made car-kit with FM antenna.

what's the status-quo about that problem?

Will it be fixed in the upcoming beta-release (beta 2 this weekend) or when? :lol: (beta 3; release date? :lol:)

Anybody else got some workarounds for me (and the others) or at least a iGo build, that for sure doesn't have that problem?

PS.: I'm thinking about donating if that function works probably for me (see above).

Edited by a3nalin

Guest BeamRider
Can it works with Garmin?

:D

I don't know if Garmin understands Royaltek TMC ... and if it supports TMC as well ... I don't have it to test so you have to find and try by yourself. Once we know that is supports TMC and Royaltek devices, in case of problems, just send me a log and I'll check it!

When you write "Igo slowdown" which mean?? The velocity of Igo or of the sound of Igo

Yes, exactly. This is the worst situation because it is caused by FM the device driver and it's the worst component to debug. I am not experiencing anymore this issue so I guess that I'm closing to the real cause. I think that the Beta 2 can improve if not fix at all this issue.

However, I'm experiencing battery drain. Usually my phone lasts for 4-5 days. After installing the app, it lasted only for 1. Then I removed the app, charged the battery full. In 2,5 days the battery went down to 40% then I installed the app again and the battery went down to 0 in about 8 hours.

I still need to test it more to check it and also I will create the log files.

I use the latest version and have the fix for "virtlserial" so I don't have any errors.

When we don't use the TMC, must deactivate something? TMC driver or port is still working and spending battery?

Once configured you can just leave things as they are. Tuner and GPS are turned off automatically when not used by navigation software (TMCSerial takes care of closing up / powering down things). Anyway for a bug I just fixed, the FM tuner chip sometimes remains powered causing a power drain (not as evident as GPS, but present). This has been fixed and will be released in beta 2

the soft works fine on my omnia with igo but is it possible to access from the navigon mobile navigator 7 on the tmc signal?

In my understanding Navigon was GNS enabled but don't know about Royaltek. You fall in the same case of Gramin, so please check if Navigon supports Royaltek and, in case, send me some logs so I can check what is happening.

can these two files to upload?

The first one is delivered with your device and it is the origin FM radio device driver, the second one is part of OmniaTMC and is based upon the first one. You'll find both in \Windows folder.

But I'm experiencing the "low noise" issue (playing the Igo sound at a very low level; like a reverse-micky-mouse-effect as described before here), too.

And I want to be able to use the headset-cable for receiving TMC messages and playing the igo audio via car speakers (connected to car radio) without producing a self-made car-kit with FM antenna.

The audio rout is implemented in Beta 2 so you can connect your headset adapter to omnia and keep audio coming from the internal speaker.

About the iGO "audio" noise (or slowdown) I'm working on it. To me it's not happening anymore, but I have a unique installation and I'm not using iGO so much outside synthetic tests. I can't say that it is fixed in Beta 2 because I'm not really sure. Just give it a try and let me know.

I would thank you all again for the support!!