OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest robertut

Hi! I also experience battery drain, hoping next version fixes this issue.

Another idea: I notice that it only works if MIX is checked. That means when GPS and TMC commands are mixed together in the same NMEA pipe coming through COM4. If I don't check MIX, no TMC is coming from COM4, device is not detected.

Do we have to mix with GPS? Why can't GPS remain on the original COM3, and feed COM4 separately, only with TMC data? Can't they be independent?

Most programs have problems separating GPS and TMC data from the same port, all kinds of port-splitter tricks have to be done... while keeping things separate would make life easier. Wouldn't it?

Guest a3nalin
The audio rout is implemented in Beta 2 so you can connect your headset adapter to omnia and keep audio coming from the internal speaker.

About the iGO "audio" noise (or slowdown) I'm working on it. To me it's not happening anymore, but I have a unique installation and I'm not using iGO so much outside synthetic tests. I can't say that it is fixed in Beta 2 because I'm not really sure. Just give it a try and let me know.

I would thank you all again for the support!!

Well, then I'd be glad if somebody who experienced the low noise audio problem with igo, too would test beta2 if it remains or it's solved then - maybe the "sound bypass" via beta 2 (sound over omnia speaker possible when Headset connected) is a way to handle it till a "final solution" (see my last post) is found. :D

Thank you beamrider for your great job and your immediate support!

Guest esticbo
Great Work! Beamrider.

Works perfetly in Spain.

I've got a question:

When we don't use the TMC, must deactivate something? TMC driver or port is still working and spending battery?

Thanks!

No, because when the headphone is disconnected in the omnia, igo don't find the tmc hardware; so I think that the antenna wake up the tmc hw

@ BeamRiderSome day ago, I used your program with igo 8.3.2.64873 and have the same issue that I have with 8.3.2.83157, now in my omnia have the rom XIIB3 and I don't Know if it is a problem of tuner's driver.

I'm waiting your Beta2 

thanks very much for your work

Edited by esticbo

Guest holger-wi

Hi BeamRider,

you did a really good job. But for me I have a little question.

All your development seems to be done for IGO. Does it work for Route 66 as well?

In germany the Omnia is at least sold with R66. I tried to get TMC working but R66 does not to find

a TMC-device.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Holger

Guest geeky

Beamrider;

great product but i am having the following issue;

TMC installs fine, i am running Igo8.0.0.35389.

It if go to TMC it auto detects the royaltek driver and presents me with the auto/manual tune page. If i leave the page up then after about 5 secs or so it comes up no TMC hardware found, then again after about 5 or so seconds with no input from me it comes back up with the tmc page. This cycle continues over and over.

TMC is set up on port 4 with the gps set on 3. I have added [GPS] Source="virtlserial" to my sys.txt (even though the gps has not been crashing out on several loads) but the issue is still the same. Can you give me an idea what might going on here?

There also seems to be a cycle with the GPS. This time the gps is available for much longer periods than TMC in the detect screen, say 20 seconds but flickers off for just less than 1sec every 20-35 seconds. What is going on? Surly I cannot be alone with this issue?

Thanks.

Edited by geeky

Guest ciboonia
Beamrider;

great product but i am having the following issue;

TMC installs fine, i am running Igo8.0.0.35389.

It if go to TMC it auto detects the royaltek driver and presents me with the auto/manual tune page. If i leave the page up then after about 5 secs or so it comes up no TMC hardware found, then again after about 5 or so seconds with no input from me it comes back up with the tmc page. This cycle continues over and over.

TMC is set up on port 4 with the gps set on 3. I have added [GPS] Source="virtlserial" to my sys.txt (even though the gps has not been crashing out on several loads) but the issue is still the same. Can you give me an idea what might going on here?

There also seems to be a cycle with the GPS. This time the gps is available for much longer periods than TMC in the detect screen, say 20 seconds but flickers off for just less than 1sec every 20-35 seconds. What is going on? Surly I cannot be alone with this issue?

Thanks.

I to suffer from exactly the same issue. I guess that's why it's still in the beta stages. Just keep reporting our findings :-)

Guest Fabione72

Hi all

I'm facing a VERY STRANGE behaviour.

After many days of use, my iGO stopped to detect TMC signal (I got RDS station name into TMC conf.page with high signal rate, but with "No TMC data".)

After many tries, I unistalled the SW, reinstalled the SW, used another COM port for TMC (port 7), and it started to work again.

Due to other kind of problem, I:

- hard-resetted my omnia

- re-installed eveything as before (I got a SPB backup image done before TMC SW installation)

- installed igo8 v8.3.2.80621 for test (than I faced the problem on the COM port left open by igo so...)

- Returned to Igo8.3.2.71348 (with relevant license files, different from the other release)

- re-installed TMC SW.

From that moment my igo becomes unable to get any TMC data (it always reports RDS station name but with "No TMC data" both on RAI and 102.5), on whatever com port.

I tried to istall/uninstall many times.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Guest robertut
I to suffer from exactly the same issue. I guess that's why it's still in the beta stages. Just keep reporting our findings :-)

Same here for iGO8.0.0...

Guest BeamRider

Hi ... to anybody reporting problems on TMC detection, please send me a log as described in my previous posts.

I'll take a lokk on what might be and report back to you.

I'm packing Beta 2 right now (writing documentation).

Guest jclsm
Hi ... to anybody reporting problems on TMC detection, please send me a log as described in my previous posts.

I'll take a lokk on what might be and report back to you.

I'm packing Beta 2 right now (writing documentation).

Hi BeamRider,

Great news.

Because I was thinking about upgrade to a WM6.5 rom (last lite 21215 SHOKKA9 rom), could you tell me please if does it works or could you post here your Omnia settings like:

- Rom release (pda and Phone)

- IGO 8 release

- other tweaks with direct effect on TMC soft/IGO8/GPS

Many thanks

Edited by jclsm

Guest BeamRider
- Rom release (pda and Phone)

- IGO 8 release

- other tweaks with direct effect on TMC soft/IGO8/GPS

Firmware HJ3 to IA5 is guarantee to be compatible with AdvFMRadio.dll, anyway, older and newer should be compatible as well. The worst thing that could happen is to have some malfunctions with original FM radio tuner application. Phone firmware is not significant to OmniaTMC.

iGO from 8.0 on. I suggest 8.3.2.64xxx+ (keep in mind that latest build are quite memory hungry) ... check for sys.txt issue as state in the first post of this thread.

The best tweak you can add is to remove the certificate check from WM kernel (here is the tutorial for WM 6: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=384137 ). Otherwise AdvFMRadio.dll will run up to end 2009 when SDK certs will expire.

Beta 2 is out. I added the audio routing feature (still experimental).

Guest robertut
iGO from 8.0 on. I suggest 8.3.2.64xxx+

In many countries in Europe Samsung Omnia was sold with bundled official iGO 8.0. The company doesn't offer free upgrade to 8.3, so we need to stick with working 8.0. Officially.

Guest BeamRider
In many countries in Europe Samsung Omnia was sold with bundled official iGO 8.0. The company doesn't offer free upgrade to 8.3, so we need to stick with working 8.0. Officially.

Fair enough, OmniaTMC is highly decoupled from iGO and should work with any version. I will investigate any problem with it!

Guest robertut

Why do we have to fill in the GPS port? If I don't specify any number at GPS port, it gives an error message.

I don't want to Mix TMC with GPS data, so I don't even want to specify a COM port for GPS data. Shouldn't it work without it?

Guest robertut

iGO8 v8.0.0.55127 does detect the device, but can't tune the frequency. With beta1 it shows 0.0 MHz, with beta2 it sticks to 87.5MHz, left/right arrows don't move the frequency, autotune either.

Guest robertut

iGO8 v8.3.2.71348 does detect the device, tunes and gets the TMC data OK. But running v8.3.2.71348 after exiting v8.0.0.55127 breaks everyting up. Tuning is slow, no TMC data available, etc.

Soft-reset fixes it only.

Guest leelou
Firmware HJ3 to IA5 is guarantee to be compatible with AdvFMRadio.dll, anyway, older and newer should be compatible as well.

Beta 2 is out. I added the audio routing feature (still experimental).

XJHJ2 working perfectly.

Beta2 out! going to test it.

Thanks!

Guest jeffrey2000

FYI: The newer version works 'also' great on WinMo 6.5 DXIA5, after closing/reopening it keeps working aswell! :D

Great work BeamRider!

Edited by jeffrey2000

Guest geeky

WOW i must be dumb today! The certificate removal looks pretty involved! Is there anyone that is clever enough to come up with a cab / tweak that us normal people could use? Packaged with Omnia TMC it would definatly attract some donations!

Guest a3nalin
Well, then I'd be glad if somebody who experienced the low noise audio problem with igo, too would test beta2 if it remains or it's solved then - maybe the "sound bypass" via beta 2 (sound over omnia speaker possible when Headset connected) is a way to handle it till a "final solution" (see my last post) is found. :D

Anybody here who's able to report on that?

Which fact it depends on if the low noise audio issue while running iGo with headset connected and OmniaTMC on occures or not?

addition: Running Igo with headset connected at the start to receive TMC data, then deconnect headset to not have the audio issue doesn't help everytime because possibly you have no audio at all, if reconnecting headset to refresh TMC data and then deconnecting again.

Downloading beta2 myself now and testing it hopefully this evening if I got the time to...

Edit: @ beamrider:

Is the section "Known Issues" in readme file incomplete? :lol: --> Audio issue with iGo 8.3.xxxxx - or will you only list issues directly with OmniaTMC (hopefully you won't :lol:)

Edited by a3nalin

Guest lilich62

Hello and Good afternoon !

I have just installed the Beta 2 and get some text overwriting on the TMC Alert screen.

post-453402-1241443838_thumb.png

Does someone have the same issue or may help me ?

Thanks

Edited by lilich62

Guest robertut
Hello and Good afternoon !

I have just installed the Beta 2 and get some text overwriting on the TMC Alert screen.

Does someone have the same issue or may help me ?

Thanks

That's an iGO problem, not OmniaTMC.