OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest esticbo

It work very well, I forced the audio in internal, and no sound issue. Now I will try a HR to prove the OmniaTCM beta 2 to discard some file conflit with the old version

Guest lastnikita

just installed the last version (1st install) and when I try to activate AdvFMR I get "registry key not found. unable to activate".

Did I miss something ? Or is the new build missing some reg entries ?

Guest BeamRider
just installed the last version (1st install) and when I try to activate AdvFMR I get "registry key not found. unable to activate".

Did I miss something ? Or is the new build missing some reg entries ?

The message comes out when the setup tool doesnt find the registry key "HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\FMRadio" that is the original device driver registry location.

Does this key exists? Have you tried a softreset?

Guest lastnikita

ok thanks, I guess this is the fault of a cooked rom then :-/

I created it and it's fine. Maybe you should add it to your .cab as a workaround, since it won't arm other devices anyway !

edit: now the status indicates: OpenDevice: FAILURE

If I miss the FM components this will not work right ?

Edited by lastnikita

Guest BeamRider
ok thanks, I guess this is the fault of a cooked rom then :-/

I created it and it's fine.

Maybe you should add it to your .cab as a workaround, since it won't arm other devices anyway !

Yes I can but in this key there are other values you have to put to enable fm radio. Here they are:

Dll:STRING:"FMRadio.dll" (this is the one OmniaTMCSetup.exe changes)

IClass:STRING:"{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A9B35}"

Index:DWORD:1

Order:DWORD:37

Prefix:STRING:"FMR"

These are mine ... hope they don't change ...

Guest Lers88

Does someone here have TMC-messages like radar-controle etc? I get these messages, but the only solution iGo gives is: avoid or don't avoid.

I would like if iGo gives an option to give the radar-controles trough as speedcams. So i get warned when i'm coming closer to a radar-controle, with sounds and a speedcam on the screen etc.

Guest Dr Nicky
Firmware HJ3 to IA5 is guarantee to be compatible with AdvFMRadio.dll, anyway, older and newer should be compatible as well. The worst thing that could happen is to have some malfunctions with original FM radio tuner application. Phone firmware is not significant to OmniaTMC.

iGO from 8.0 on. I suggest 8.3.2.64xxx+ (keep in mind that latest build are quite memory hungry) ... check for sys.txt issue as state in the first post of this thread.

The best tweak you can add is to remove the certificate check from WM kernel (here is the tutorial for WM 6: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=384137 ). Otherwise AdvFMRadio.dll will run up to end 2009 when SDK certs will expire.

Beta 2 is out. I added the audio routing feature (still experimental).

Hi BeamRider, great product. What is the audio routing for in the latest release? :D

Guest bobobird

Thanks Beamrider for beta2

Will install it right now, but as you know I dont have any TMC here, but for certain will be switching it on as soon as the plane lands back home on 12th. hehe

Guest thokla

Hello,

first of all: the OmniaTMC is a great work!

I have no problem with the TMC in iGo.

My problem is the following:

If the AdvFMR is activated, in OmniaTMC I am unable to use the FMRadio: there's no sound out of the earphone.

Is there anybody else who has this problem?

ROM: DXIA5

OmniaTMC: OmniaTMC_0_9_4_1.CAB

Guest robertut

Seems to me that beta2, with iGO8 v8.3.2.71348 has problems. Setting all up, starting iGO for the first time, everything is fine. After quitting iGO, and starting it again, tuning up (right arrow) doesn't work. On some frequeny it locks for long time saying Testing.... with no result at all. No TMC events.

Soft-Reset fixes it. virtlserial parameter is there.

Guest BeamRider

Please send me a log of working and non working consecutive sessions (it woulb be useful to cut the file between the two sessions).

Without having the log I can't be of much help unless you send me your device to test :D

Guest robertut
Please send me a log of working and non working consecutive sessions (it woulb be useful to cut the file between the two sessions).

Without having the log I can't be of much help unless you send me your device to test :D

Can't find the post where you describe exactly how to get the log.

Guest BeamRider

1. Check and delete \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log
  2. Open OmniaTMC setup
  3. Deactivate TMCSerial
  4. Enable all log options
  5. Activate TMCSerial
  6. Close OmniaTMC setup
  7. Launch iGO
  8. ...
  9. Close iGO
  10. Take \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log and send them to me
  11. Delete \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log from the device
You need to repeat the steps from 7 to 11 twice. Then you have to disable the logging:

1. Open OmniaTMC setup
  2. Deactivate TMCSerial
  3. Disable all log options
  4. Activate TMCSerial
  5. Delete \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log from the device

Guest BeamRider
Please find here the logs:

If you downloaded them, post a reply, so I can delete them from the forum.

I have the file ... I will take a look in a minute

Guest robertut
  1. Check and delete \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log
  2. Open OmniaTMC setup
  3. Deactivate TMCSerial
  4. Enable all log options
  5. Activate TMCSerial
  6. Close OmniaTMC setup
  7. Launch iGO
  8. ...
  9. Close iGO
  10. Take \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log and send them to me
  11. Delete \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log from the device
You need to repeat the steps from 7 to 11 twice. Then you have to disable the logging:
  1. Open OmniaTMC setup
  2. Deactivate TMCSerial
  3. Disable all log options
  4. Activate TMCSerial
  5. Delete \TMCSerial.log and \TMCDump.log from the device

I suggest to add these to the first post, so that everyone can easily find the information.

Guest Fabione72
Hi all

I'm facing a VERY STRANGE behaviour.

After many days of use, my iGO stopped to detect TMC signal (I got RDS station name into TMC conf.page with high signal rate, but with "No TMC data".)

After many tries, I unistalled the SW, reinstalled the SW, used another COM port for TMC (port 7), and it started to work again.

Due to other kind of problem, I:

- hard-resetted my omnia

- re-installed eveything as before (I got a SPB backup image done before TMC SW installation)

- installed igo8 v8.3.2.80621 for test (than I faced the problem on the COM port left open by igo so...)

- Returned to Igo8.3.2.71348 (with relevant license files, different from the other release)

- re-installed TMC SW.

From that moment my igo becomes unable to get any TMC data (it always reports RDS station name but with "No TMC data" both on RAI and 102.5), on whatever com port.

I tried to istall/uninstall many times.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks

Hi BeamRider.

Tested beta2, same behaviour. (I guess it's an iGO prob.)

logs attached.

(igo8 setted to 102.5MHz)

Best Regards

TMClogs.zip

Guest BeamRider
Hi BeamRider.

Tested beta2, same behaviour. (I guess it's an iGO prob.)

logs attached.

(igo8 setted to 102.5MHz)

Best Regards

No it's not a problem of iGO nor OmniaTMC ... from the logs they are not sending TMC data (missing group 8).

I can't check right now because I left my mobile at home ... just wait some time and try again (in which area do you live? Have you tried alt frequencies?)

Edited by BeamRider

Guest illusion786

All working as its suppose to for me. Im using the Latest rls of iGO 8.3.2.8xx

I forgot to ask.... Do we have to deactivate Advfmradio when were not using the tmc, or does it deactivate itself when not in use to save battery.

The reason i ask cause when we load the tmc app its always searching for a tmc data meaning the radio is always active.

Any thoughts ?

Edited by illusion786

Guest BeamRider
All working as its suppose to for me. Im using the Latest rls of iGO 8.3.2.8xx

I forgot to ask.... Do we have to deactivate Advfmradio when were not using the tmc, or does it deactivate itself when not in use to save battery.

The reason i ask cause when we load the tmc app its always searching for a tmc data meaning the radio is always active.

Any thoughts ?

AdvFMRadio is an extension of original FMRadio. Both decativates automatically when not in use.

With 'when not in use' i mean that no software is accessing to the FM radio device (FMR1). If you unload nav software the device will be powered down and remember to close OmniaTMC Setup which is not needed after first time setup.

Edited by BeamRider

Guest Fabione72
No it's not a problem of iGO nor OmniaTMC ... from the logs they are not sending TMC data (missing group 8).

I can't check right now because I left my mobile at home ... just wait some time and try again (in which area do you live? Have you tried alt frequencies?)

The more I try, the more it sound strange...

First 5 tries: No TMC Data

try-6: TMC OK, TMC full data coming: "CA-TMC (Chiave OK)"

try-7: igo8 reports "TMC present" but no TMC data coming. moved frequency to 102.4 and then back to 102.5. It became "No TMC data"...

try-8: igo8 reports "Stato TMC non noto" for many minutes, then TMC became available for few seconds (less than one page of data reported, there were 4 pages just some minute before). Then it returned in "No TMC data".

This without performing any kind of reset.

I'm becoming mad... :D

Answering to your question:

I'm actually near Milano (IT)

I tried also with RAI (97.4MHz), same results (RDS data are present, but "NO TMC DATA" is reported)

tuner signal of both 102.5 and 97.4 are very good.

CIAO

Edited by Fabione72

Guest BeamRider
The more I try, the more it sound strange...

First 5 tries: No TMC Data

try-6: TMC OK, TMC full data coming: "CA-TMC (Chiave OK)"

try-7: igo8 reports "TMC present" but no TMC data coming. moved frequency to 102.4 and then back to 102.5. It became "No TMC data"...

try-8: igo8 reports "Stato TMC non noto" for many minutes, then TMC became available for few seconds (less than one page of data reported, there were 4 pages just some minute before). Then it returned in "No TMC data".

This without performing any kind of reset.

I'm becoming mad... :D

Answering to your question:

I'm actually near Milano (IT)

I tried also with RAI (97.4MHz), same results (RDS data are present, but "NO TMC DATA" is reported)

tuner signal of both 102.5 and 97.4 are very good.

CIAO

I'm investigating a funny issue with tuning (sometimes the tune function is drifting of about 0.1 MHz due to the frequency conversion) ... I don't think that's your situation but maybe. Anyway is your RDS quality bar (the green one in iGO) showing high or low quality?

Guest a3nalin
Anybody here who's able to report on that?

Which fact it depends on if the low noise audio issue while running iGo with headset connected and OmniaTMC on occures or not?

addition: Running Igo with headset connected at the start to receive TMC data, then deconnect headset to not have the audio issue doesn't help everytime because possibly you have no audio at all, if reconnecting headset to refresh TMC data and then deconnecting again.

Downloading beta2 myself now and testing it hopefully this evening if I got the time to...

Edit: @ beamrider:

Is the section "Known Issues" in readme file incomplete? :D --> Audio issue with iGo 8.3.xxxxx - or will you only list issues directly with OmniaTMC (hopefully you won't :lol: )

Hey Beamrider,

thought about the sound issue again and as far as I'm not on an old status of knowledge concerning that problem, some of us are experiencing that problem, others aren't.

What do you think about that part of sys.txt:

"[sound]

sound_q_length=200

queue_length=200

[tts]

tts_buffer=131072

tts_logics=3

priority="HIGH""

Actually it's used to have a better TTS quality in iGo (that's why me and some other guys are using it in the syst.txt).

Maybe this could cause the audio-slowdown in iGo as it's rising cpu priority to audio replay, or what would you say?

PS.: gonna deinstall Beta 1 and install recent beta 2 now hopefully successfully... :lol:

Edit: Installed 9.4.1. succesfully, but iGo sound issue still remains, wether "INTERNAL" or "NO CHANGE" chosen at omniaTMC unfortunately. Disappears when Headset disconnected.

Edited by a3nalin

Guest Lazi

Hi !

I have the omnia with Igo8. I living in usa florida.

I signed to the tmc /because in here u have to pay for it/

i set up my igo and the tmc find the channels .

it says CA-TMC (code is ok)

when i tried to check the traffic info it is noting it says no information about the traffic.

whats wrong?

i'm hungarian so i use the igo in hungarian language.i have the igo8 8.3.1.57021

whit the usa 2007,1 map.

and i have th dimka skin.

please help because it was 50$

thanks

Lazi