OmniaTMC Beta 2 (and unofficial Beta 3)

Guest BeamRider

Guest itb44
Same here buddy. Appears tp me that TMC on iGo works only in countries that have a free TMC stations setup as public services. No chance of that in "money money money" Canada or USA.

I think the iGo 8.0.0.29000 release is still the most promising, since that one supposedly works with pro/premium as well as free tmc in Europe. Unfortunately, that's the only release I tried that couldn't seem to recognize the radio using OmniaTMC. If it could recognize it, that's probably the iGo8 release with the best chance of decoding tmc in North America. I wonder why OmniaTMC won't work with that iGo8 release. I also wonder if there's a compatible device we could use just for testing that particular release in North America.

Edited by itb44

Guest DAlma
I think the iGo 8.0.0.29000 release is still the most promising, since that one supposedly works with pro/premium as well as free tmc in Europe. Unfortunately, that's the only release I tried that couldn't seem to recognize the radio using OmniaTMC. If it could recognize it, that's probably the iGo8 release with the best chance of decoding tmc in North America. I wonder why OmniaTMC won't work with that iGo8 release. I also wonder if there's a compatible device we could use just for testing that particular release in North America.

Can you someone commit that this version works with TMC Pro?

Guest wishmaster1

Having "Issues" with beta 2

I installed beta 2 and restarted, setup tmc to my local tmc station and am getting data, set to 4 and 3

Igo version 8.3.2.87762

Igo to settings / tmc , untick auot-tuner but cannot use left and right to move to my tmc station

Igo shows "No TMC Signal"

SYS.TXT

TMCDump.txt

TMCSerialLog.txt

Edited by wishmaster1

Guest itb44
Can you someone commit that this version works with TMC Pro?

I don't know for certain, but read enough in other forums (e.g., PPCWarez) to make me think 8.0.0.29000 might do the trick. I can only think of 2 ways to verify: 1) Adapt OmniaTMC to work with that release; or 2) Find a different test device with working TMC receiver and backdate iGo8 to that release -- I'm thinking maybe a Mio.

FWIW, I found TMC in Connecticut, USA at 92.5 FM, but again "CA-TMC (No Key)". On my Omnia i910, I'm currently using iGo release 8.3.2.93112 with the data.zip from 8.3.2.64029 and an English TTS profile from 8.0.0.29000.

Guest itb44

Just tested iGO8 version 8.3.2.90500, which supposedly decodes TMC Pro data in Germany, but still no luck in North America. Here's the complete list of releases I've tested on my Omnia i910 (note that I'm using the data.zip from 64029 to match the Omnia's screen resolution):

iGo8 8.0.0.29000: "No TMC Hardware Found!"

iGo8 8.3.2.64029: "CA-TMC (No Key)". IGo8 PDA TMC tuner broken, so tune manually using OmniaTMC and leave it running.

iGo8 8.3.2.90500: "CA-TMC (No Key)". IGo8 PNA TMC tuner works!

iGo8 8.3.2.93112: "CA-TMC (No Key)". IGo8 PNA TMC tuner works!

iGo8 8.3.2.97313: "CA-TMC (No Key)". IGo8 PDA TMC tuner broken, so tune manually using OmniaTMC and leave it running.

If anyone finds a version of IGo8 that displays "CA-TMC (Key OK)" from the Settings/TMC screen (rather than "CA-TMC (No Key)") anywhere in North America (Canada and/or USA), please post here. Thanks :)

Guest itb44

Thanks to myndwire and others mentioned below, I now have TMC Pro/Premium working on my i910 Omnia in North America ($50 for Canada and USA). Here are the basics:

1) Verizon Samsung i910 Omnia using recent CF03-based gps-unlocked firmware (see MoDaCo.com, thanks to BlazingWolf);

2) OmniaTMC beta2 (see MoDaCo.com, thanks to BeamRider);

3) iGo8 8.3.2.93112 (WAREZ NOT ALLOWED, thanks to JetMouse; 8.3.2.90500 also works, but might be more sluggish);

4) Add "enable_subscription=1" (without quotes) to [tmc] section of sys.txt;

5) Copy current "UUID" (10 bytes = 20 ASCII chars) from igo8 subscription field (note that this may change on hard reset, I'd SAVE IT);

6) Pay $50 for North American Total Traffic Network (TTN) Subscription from Clarion (see https://cart.buytmc.com/subscribe, enter UUID, save 20 char code and enter into igo8);

7) Backup everything from igo8 folder of device (or at least igo8\save\cctmc.dat) to hard disk.

Notes:

A) I have not tried a hard reset yet to see if I can recover (since the so-called UUID would probably change), but I'm hopeful that it wouldn't matter as long as the above cctmc.dat stays in place or gets restored.

B) The $50 Clarion subscription does not seem to expire as long as Clear-Channel continues to transmit RDS-TMC in North America, the UUID resetting issue notwithstanding.

EDIT1: My FM antenna of choice is just a cheap car charger from Wal-Mart. It works great, though. I'll see if I can't find the model number...

EDIT2: In Ottawa, Canada, 97.9 CHIN is working ("CA-TMC (Key OK)"), but 104.7 CJRC is not ("CA-TMC (No Key)"). I wonder if that one requires a different subscription...? 97.9 CHIN (English language) is definitely part of the Clear-Channel network, but 104.7 CJRC (French language) seems to be part of the Corus network, FWIW.

Edited by sector

Guest punkwhan
Thanks to myndwire and others mentioned below, I now have TMC Pro/Premium working on my i910 Omnia in North America ($50 for Canada and USA). Here are the basics:

1) Verizon Samsung i910 Omnia using recent CF03-based gps-unlocked firmware (see MoDaCo.com, thanks to BlazingWolf);

2) OmniaTMC beta2 (see MoDaCo.com, thanks to BeamRider);

3) iGo8 8.3.2.93112 (WAREZ NOT ALLOWED, thanks to JetMouse; 8.3.2.90500 also works, but might be more sluggish);

4) Add "enable_subscription=1" (without quotes) to [tmc] section of sys.txt;

5) Copy current "UUID" (10 bytes = 20 ASCII chars) from igo8 subscription field (note that this may change on hard reset, I'd SAVE IT);

6) Pay $50 for North American Total Traffic Network (TTN) Subscription from Clarion (see https://cart.buytmc.com/subscribe, enter UUID, save 20 char code and enter into igo8);

7) Backup everything from igo8 folder of device (or at least igo8\save\cctmc.dat) to hard disk.

Notes:

A) I have not tried a hard reset yet to see if I can recover (since the so-called UUID would probably change), but I'm hopeful that it wouldn't matter as long as the above cctmc.dat stays in place or gets restored.

:) The $50 Clarion subscription does not seem to expire as long as Clear-Channel continues to transmit RDS-TMC in North America, the UUID resetting issue notwithstanding.

EDIT1: My FM antenna of choice is just a cheap car charger from Wal-Mart. It works great, though. I'll see if I can't find the model number...

EDIT2: In Ottawa, Canada, 97.9 CHIN is working ("CA-TMC (Key OK)"), but 104.7 CJRC is not ("CA-TMC (No Key)"). I wonder if that one requires a different subscription...? 97.9 CHIN (English language) is definitely part of the Clear-Channel network, but 104.7 CJRC (French language) seems to be part of the Corus network, FWIW.

Hi itb44,

Thanks for your direction.

I managed to get the TMC to work on my omnia i-910.

My only question is whether you had to do anything to the car charger from Wal-Mark to get it to work as an antenna.

Also, could you tell me the model number and brand name of that charger?

Thanks a lot.

Guest itb44
Hi itb44,

Thanks for your direction.

I managed to get the TMC to work on my omnia i-910.

My only question is whether you had to do anything to the car charger from Wal-Mark to get it to work as an antenna.

Also, could you tell me the model number and brand name of that charger?

Thanks a lot.

Glad I could help :)

Although I didn't think to save the car charger package from Wal-Mart, and there's no info on the charger itself, I've been having some trouble with it and should probably withdraw my recommendation. It's a cheap black charger with one red LED and a coiled cord. Although it made a decent antenna most of the time, sometimes it inexplicably had no signal at all -- that's happening more often now. Thus, I'm no longer satisfied with the reception of Wal-Mart charger.

What does seem to work very well for both antenna and charging is the stock wall adapter when plugged into a 12VDC-120VAC power inverter. I know it seems wasteful (and mine is a bit noisy), but it works. I've got one that plugs directly into the lighter socket and has just one outlet. It's a Xantrex "Micro Inverter 175", FWIW.

The only other option I've tried so far was the data cable plugged into a RadioShack (I think) 12V splitter that also had a usb power connection, but the problem with that was it didn't charge very well.

I might have to splurge for the fancy gray charger seen on eBay. Has here anyone tried that one yet?

I wonder if the antenna port under the battery cover would work for FM band as well as cellular bands? I suppose it depends on whether it's even connected to the FM receiver chip. I did order the Omnia adapter cable from wpsantennas.com, since I needed it anyway for more reliable broadband, so stay tuned ;)

Guest punkwhan

Although I didn't think to save the car charger package from Wal-Mart, and there's no info on the charger itself, I've been having some trouble with it and should probably withdraw my recommendation. It's a cheap black charger with one red LED and a coiled cord. Although it made a decent antenna most of the time, sometimes it inexplicably had no signal at all -- that's happening more often now. Thus, I'm no longer satisfied with the reception of Wal-Mart charger.

What does seem to work very well for both antenna and charging is the stock wall adapter when plugged into a 12VDC-120VAC power inverter. I know it seems wasteful (and mine is a bit noisy), but it works. I've got one that plugs directly into the lighter socket and has just one outlet. It's a Xantrex "Micro Inverter 175", FWIW.

The only other option I've tried so far was the data cable plugged into a RadioShack (I think) 12V splitter that also had a usb power connection, but the problem with that was it didn't charge very well.

I might have to splurge for the fancy gray charger seen on eBay. Has here anyone tried that one yet?

I wonder if the antenna port under the battery cover would work for FM band as well as cellular bands? I suppose it depends on whether it's even connected to the FM receiver chip. I did order the Omnia adapter cable from wpsantennas.com, since I needed it anyway for more reliable broadband, so stay tuned ;)

Hi itb44,

Have you considered this product?

GNS TrafficBoxplus FM9BT-Y

• TMC data receiver for fixed and hidden installation in car (better theft protection)
  • optimized TMC receiption due to direct connection to car antenna
  • Bluetooth interface, ideal for all BT enabled host devices (mobiles, PND)

Delivery in blister packaging with contetns listed below:

- GNS TrafficBoxPlus FM9 BT-Y ISO

- clip for connection to the vehicle

- manual in English and German language

http://www.gns-gmbh.com/index.php?id=80&L=1

I'm not sure whether it will work with Omnia, though.

it's kind of a slick idea.

The protocol(?) is different, I think.

It's using GNS instead of Realtek.

I'm not sure whether GNS and Realtek are protocols or not.

Keep us updated on your finding.

Thanks.

Guest itb44

I think the main idea of this thread is to use the Omnia's built-in internal fm receiver. The external gns might work, though.

Is anyone else losing sound after enabling OmniaTMC Beta 2? For example, I usually lose iGo8 backspeaker sound/audio/voice/key-click whenever the AdvFMR and TMCSerial are activated in OmniaTMC, but it returns as soon as I deactivate AdvFMR. I have not tried with headphones, yet.

Edited by itb44

Guest itb44

I guess I just became a reluctant test subject for whether the paid TMC Premium subscription survives a hard reset of Main Memory. I did the hard reset of Main Memory to make sure that the lost audio issue was only due to OmniaTMC, and that does seem to be the case.

As expected, the so-called UUID reported by iGo8 changed after the hard reset of Main Meomory (ONLY), but it does not seem to have affected the current subscription (I did NOT reset My Storage). In fact, that subscription screen currently says the TMC subscription is good into the year 2038. Not too shabby :-)

Edited by itb44

Guest itb44

I've got trouble. Although I've got "Key OK" for at least one station, and the white "tmc" icon lights up above the iGo8 map, no traffic events are appearing at all. Just checked the INRIX web map at http://www.bing.com/maps/ and there seems to be at least one event that should show...

Guest itb44

Backdated to an earlier iGo8 release, 8.3.2.80621, and audio miraculously started working a minute or two after launching igo8, but says "GPS disconnected" alot.

EDIT: Next day, audio not working again. Tried GPSToggle to turn GPS off and then back on (based on clue from yesterday), but still no audio (at least not from main speaker)...

Edited by itb44

Guest itb44

The "No Traffic Events" issue:

Shouldn't the following construction spot show as a traffic event if tmc is working properly?

SCHEDULED CONSTRUCTION

Severity:

Serious

Description:

construction - EASTBOUND BOULEVARD ST-LAURENT @ ALEXNDRA BRG/ONTARIO/QUEBEC PROV LN

Start time:

07/14/2009 3:47 PM

Est. end time:

07/30/2009 9:33 PM

Guest ZyMet

Hi Beamrider,

I manage to get TMC working on my omnia (I900)

First i start iGo, check if my TMC(headset) is recognice.

Go to TMC menu. Than i will see that the TMC channel will be always 85.7 whatever I do. I cant change channel in iGo and autosearch isn't working either. I have to minimize my iGo and start OmniaTMC to set the Channel and returning to my iGo to have it work.

Am i doing something wrong, because i cant change channel in iGo and autosearch doesn' work. Please let me know. Thnx

Guest itb44

You didn't say which version of iGo8 you're using on your Omnia i900, but I bet it's a PDA version. The iGo8 tmc tuner has not worked on my Omnia i910 in any of the PDA versions that I've tested, but has worked (imperfectly) in all of the PND versions that I've tested (e.g., 8.3.2.80621, 8.3.2.90500, 8.3.2.93112). I say imperfectly for the PND versions because auto-tuning usually works, and manual tuning usually works downwards but rarely upwards. Please try a PND version instead if you want to use the iGo8 tuner, especially the Auto-Tuner, and let us know how it goes.

First i start iGo, check if my TMC(headset) is recognice.

Go to TMC menu. Than i will see that the TMC channel will be always 85.7 whatever I do. I cant change channel in iGo and autosearch isn't working either. I have to minimize my iGo and start OmniaTMC to set the Channel and returning to my iGo to have it work.

Am i doing something wrong, because i cant change channel in iGo and autosearch doesn' work. Please let me know. Thnx

Edited by itb44

Guest itb44

BeamRider,

I understand that North American RDS-TMC (sometimes called RBDS-TMC) may use a slightly different or non-standard format than Europe. Mainly, I think some message numbers refer to slightly different events. Does OmniaTMC know how to parse these so-called RBDS-TMC messages, or just the RDS-TMC messages? Or, is that really just a function of the nav (e.g., iGo8, TT7) software?

I ask because I seem to have everything in place for this to work. That is, the RBDS-TMC messages are coming through OmniaTMC to iGo8, which shows "CA-TMC (Key OK)" after paying for a North American TMC subscription, and iGo8's white "tmc" indicator lights periodically, but the Omnia always shows "<No Traffic Events>" in the Traffic Events screen.

Edited by itb44

Guest ZyMet

Yes I was using the newest PDA version. You was correct, using the PDA version causing the iGo8 tuner not working. Switching to a PND version solve the problems. Now iGo is working also imperfectly just like you mention. Thnx for you reply.

You didn't say which version of iGo8 you're using on your Omnia i900, but I bet it's a PDA version. The iGo8 tmc tuner has not worked on my Omnia i910 in any of the PDA versions that I've tested, but has worked (imperfectly) in all of the PND versions that I've tested (e.g., 8.3.2.80621, 8.3.2.90500, 8.3.2.93112). I say imperfectly for the PND versions because auto-tuning usually works, and manual tuning usually works downwards but rarely upwards. Please try a PND version instead if you want to use the iGo8 tuner, especially the Auto-Tuner, and let us know how it goes.

Guest itb44

I found a workaround for the lost audio issue in iGo8 without disabling anything in OmniaTMC: After starting iGo8, call the phone's regular cell number (NOT VoIP), and the ringing cell phone seems to jump-start the iGo8 audio every time.

Guest djapor96
I made this one and have no audio issue with iGO. Audio comes out directly from the Omnia Speakers since i disconnected the audio check pin :)

Check post #129

SNC00048.jpg

Hello, pls help me!

I have a headset cable for Omnia

IMG_1985_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

How do i disconnect the audio check pin?

Sorry my english...

Thank you

Guest bommel29

Hello

I have on my OMNIA Navigon to run .. With iGO OmniaTmc and everything has worked wonderfully.

First a thick respeckt for work ...

Now I have tried with HyperGps.

It is used in Igo and Navigon TMC detected, but the drivers for the HTC as the radio tuner is not recognized. So should therefore only a driver for this software to be written and the TMC would be trouble for any Navisoftware solved. Have no idea about the programming. These are my current experience that I've made and I hope that your order was started. Sorry for my bad english it is I'm from germany and have Google translate

Great work

Bommel

Guest lpachuong

Hi,

I'm a noob here with TMC. I install OmniaTMC on my fone and got iGO run on it. When i accessed to TMC in iGO, I found a station with TMC supported. Then I go to the map but it show nothing just maps. What shouold I do to get it functioned probably?

Regards

PS: Do I have to have a GPS system to get it work? My fone is i900.

Edited by lpachuong

Guest punkwhan

Hi itb44,

Thanks for your info.

How were you able to use the usb or wall charger as an antenna?

I tried both and didn't get any reception.

I used ones that came with the phone.

Are you using the different ones?

Has anyone else been able to use the USB or the wall charger as an antenna?

I'm still struggling to figure out how to charge and use antenna at the same time.

Thanks.