Spb Mobile Shell 3 Tips, tricks, themes

Guest smilegod

Guest deepside

how do you get rid of the stupid weather button that the imarche skin adds? i'd prefer to have a 'menu' button and a 'launcher' button, but why a weather button!?

Guest deepside

I can't get thumbcal to work either :D

I did as mentioned above, i copied the two files into the /programs/spbmobileshell/ folder, and I get this message:

The file "thumbcal' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.

Guest xXJohnXx
Hi Broda,

Thanks for the link. I currently have the "official" 3.0 release from the SPB site. How do I find out what the Build number is?

Ron...

Hi ron :D

goto settings.

Find spb mobile shell.

click on about .

there is the build number :lol:

Have a nice day :lol:

Edited by xXJohnXx

Guest ronaldb3
Hi ron :D

goto settings.

Find spb mobile shell.

click on about .

there is the build number :lol:

Have a nice day :lol:

Hi John,

If you mean Start/Settings/System - I do not find any icon for Mobile Shell. Strange.

Any ideas???

Ron...

Guest xXJohnXx
Hi John,

If you mean Start/Settings/System - I do not find any icon for Mobile Shell. Strange.

Any ideas???

Ron...

when in the shell it self i goto.

launcher then settings.

its there in that map for me right under the 3 maps

i know i found it so its got to be there.

will look into it ron :lol:

if i know where it was :D

ps in today screen you can find a map in programs

Have you got a regedit prog?

its under hk local

software

spb software house 2

then mobile shell

there you will find build :(

I know its the long way but you are right i cant find

it the normal way ,it freaks me out :lol:

Edited by xXJohnXx

Guest ronaldb3
when in the shell it self i goto.

launcher then settings.

its there in that map for me right under the 3 maps

i know i found it so its got to be there.

will look into it ron :lol:

if i know where it was :D

ps in today screen you can find a map in programs

Have you got a regedit prog?

Hi John,

That worked, I have 3.0.0, Build 6411. Thanks. So I guess the beta is a little ahead of me.

Now another MS3 question if you or anyone else can answer.

I have one strange thing happening with MS3 I wonder if you have seen before. When I run an application (happened on several) the screen flips back to the MS3 screen after just a few seconds working in the whatever application I run. It even just did it when I went to Settings. Really a pain. Any ideas???

Thanks... Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest natzakaria
index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=31531

This cab adds an extra button to the SPB Today to acess SPB Menu easier

post-371107-1241163629_thumb.png post-371107-1241163638_thumb.png post-371107-1241163652_thumb.png post-371107-1241163660_thumb.png

Blue Diamond theme for MS3 just copy all files into MS3 installation folder

spb_blue_diamond.zip

Smilegod

I like what you have done but how do I get rid of the diamond stuff background in the professional layout?

Guest dwallersv
The program works very very well on my Omnbia but I have two concerns if anyone can help

1) Although it asks u where you want to install and I choose My Storage & another time Storage Card but still the program locates itself on My Device Main Memory \Program Files <_<

Also when I get a picture from Facebook and see other profile pictures all the Pictures are saved on the Device Main Memory\Application Data\Spb mobile shell :)

I want all to be on the My Storage. Ant suggestions please

??? MS3 has never given me the option for different install locations... it always installs in the Device Memory, without prompting.

That said, the only way I know of to move it is with SK Tools. Use the "Move Data" category, then the "Move Folder" tool, and the "Move the folder with content" option.

SK Tools will move all the files, search the registry and update registry entries to the new location, fix shortcuts, and install information (so that uninstall will work).

I've done this, and it works flawlessly, and saves about 6MB. However, I'd suggest getting a class 4 or class 6 microSD card and transferring it to that -- the internal My Storage is pretty slow.

If you don't have SK Tools, I'd highly recommend it.

Guest dwallersv
You're right, I should apologise for stating my opinion <_<

No, you have every right to state your opinion.

However, character requires that you take responsibility for it too. What you did with that opinion was mildly insult others on this forum (no big deal, it's very minor, but still).

Rather than see the point I was making, you're getting all snarky -- much like my children do.

How about you instead acknowlege that you didn't realize that people have valid reasons for wanting this feature, and now that you know, perhaps your criticism was premature and unfounded?

We'll see...

Guest dwallersv

Speaking of the "Show Today" widget, doesn't work for me. I try to add it, and after pressing the "Show Today" list item after "Add Widget", MS3 returns to the Edit Layout mode of the Homestyle screen, but there is no new widget for "Show Today".

Anyone else have this problem, and/or know a solution?

Guest corwest
Speaking of the "Show Today" widget, doesn't work for me. I try to add it, and after pressing the "Show Today" list item after "Add Widget", MS3 returns to the Edit Layout mode of the Homestyle screen, but there is no new widget for "Show Today".

Anyone else have this problem, and/or know a solution?

You have to go to the "Applications" list under add widget and I think in the "Tools" drop down, the working widget is in there. some link is broken for the main one i think

Guest dwallersv
You have to go to the "Applications" list under add widget and I think in the "Tools" drop down, the working widget is in there. some link is broken for the main one i think

That did it! Thanks a ton, man... saved me a buttonpress!

Guest holdz

Would anyone know how to change the background image on spb mobile shell? Version 2 was heaps easy to do but I'm unsure which files I need to edit to change the background image for all panels.

Edit: Figured it out <_<

Edited by holdz

Guest 3shirts
However, character requires that you take responsibility for it too. What you did with that opinion was mildly insult others on this forum (no big deal, it's very minor, but still).

Rather than see the point I was making, you're getting all snarky -- much like my children do.

I really have to take exception to this. I do not feel my comment was insulting at all, I didn't say anything about the people that might want this feature so there was no personal attack at all. You, on the other hand made a direct comment about me saying "you lack imagination"and then in your latter comment "you're getting all snarky -- much like my children do", clearly insinuating that I was behaving childishly. I am perfectly happy to accept when I am wrong and I do acknowledge your point that there may be people that need the today often enough to justify this widget. My 'snarky' comment was referring to your response in which you put me down based solely on my opinion which, I reitterate, made no negative comments about any individual or group of individuals.

If offense was taken then I absolutely apologise and might I suggest you do the same.

Guest daniele1989

i have a question...

how to modify the association of the calllog / sms / email icon in the professional layout??

i would like to associate these to the resco contact mannager .ink files !

plse let me know <_<

Guest LuigiSlowHand

hi

i've got the 6488 spb shell build installed

and i installed also the latest g-alarm

no when i tried the 'trick' to have it combined with spb shell, it messed everything up

i mean, when i tap into the alarm, it opens g-alarm, but when i tried to tap on any g-alarm function (config, new alarm, whatever) it get's me back to the lifestyle screen

anyone had this issue? any idea to solve it?

Guest andylyf
hi

i've got the 6488 spb shell build installed

and i installed also the latest g-alarm

no when i tried the 'trick' to have it combined with spb shell, it messed everything up

i mean, when i tap into the alarm, it opens g-alarm, but when i tried to tap on any g-alarm function (config, new alarm, whatever) it get's me back to the lifestyle screen

anyone had this issue? any idea to solve it?

u using the latest g-alarm 2.0.5? and try to use some c r a c k found on the net right?

there's a problem with the k e y g e n it will throw u back to the main screen if u do anything....

nothing to do with SPB

u got yourself screwed....

Guest trexflyer

Just wanted to add my tip to the list, I finally figured this one out a few days ago after some registry searching.It allows you to use the sms program from Resco Contact Manager.

If you want to use the Sms program from Resco Contact Manager as the default, here's the Key you need to change:

HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Rai>:MSINBOX

Change key labeled 1 to :RPhoneMan -sms

Edited by trexflyer

Guest LuigiSlowHand
u using the latest g-alarm 2.0.5? and try to use some c r a c k found on the net right?

there's a problem with the k e y g e n it will throw u back to the main screen if u do anything....

nothing to do with SPB

u got yourself screwed....

thx

i deserved it, i guess...

anyway, i've got back to the previous non-commercial version of GAlarm

thx for the pointer