Spb Mobile Shell 3 Tips, tricks, themes

Guest smilegod

Guest methosivanhoe

ahh someone beat me too it... but yes, by editing the DAT files and XML files you can change the backdrops to whatever you want...

sshot002-2.jpg

It's a bit tricky and involves a bit of code, but overall it's not that hard to do...

Also of note, the post above link doesn't tell you the passwords and .dat files you need to go into to edit these perticular documents and save them...

M

Guest maldonj1
Ok... what am I missing... installed vjbrisk, made a copy, renamed it to "clock.exe" and placed it in /windows/. Then I made a shortcut for g-alarm and renamed it "clockink.ink" and placed it in windows. It still pulls up standard alarm page...

i am having the same problem, i think the part im having an issue with is where is the g-alarm folder, the only thing i can find is in startup folder.

nevermind i found it, forgot it was under ageye, i was looking for g-alaram, heres a little more details

How to get G-Alarm instead of default alarm? Working perfect

- Install VJBrisk

- Go in Program files/Vijay555/vjbrisk

- Inside this folder, there are VJBrisk.exe, make a copy of it.

- rename this copy into clock.exe

- replace this new clock.exe into window/

- Go in G-alarm folder in the program files/ageye directory

- create a shortcut of G-alarm.exe

- rename it in clocklnk (don't forget the lnk at the end. : clocklnk.lnk) lnk = LNK short for Link

- Put this shortcut into /windows/

Edited by maldonj1

Guest corwest

ok stupid question but how do you make the shortcut? all i can do is make copies

OK ive tried the g-alarm thing many times now and I get two errors different times. One says the LNK file is the wrong format and the other says that It can't open the file because the certificate isn't signed or there are parts missing. I'm confused

Edited by corwest

Guest DJRedLine

You can download the new beta version at

http://prev.spbsoftwarehouse.com/ext/mobileshell/6456-301-Beta1/SpbMobileShell3_setup.exe

http://prev.spbsoftwarehouse.com/ext/mobileshell/6456-301-Beta1/SpbMobileShell3.arm.cab

Change log:

- Feature: ability to save calls from unknown numbers to a new or existing contact

- Feature: ability to show/hide SIM contacts (WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO)

- Feature: "Show Today" widget

- Feature: support for the hardware "Call" button from certain dialogs

- Feature: "Remove All" in call log

- Bug fix: contact sync can fail after using a picture from Facebook

- Bug fix: some calls cannot be resolved to their corresponding contacts

- Bug fix: calls from unidentified numbers are not shown in the call log

- Bug fix: "Edit Profile" doesn't work correctly on Treo

- Bug fix: devices cannot be turned off on HTC Kaiser cooked ROMs

- Change: "Hardware Acceleration" option is hidden for non-supported devices

- City database has been updated

- Other minor bug fixes and optimizations

Guest maldonj1
ok stupid question but how do you make the shortcut? all i can do is make copies

OK ive tried the g-alarm thing many times now and I get two errors different times. One says the LNK file is the wrong format and the other says that It can't open the file because the certificate isn't signed or there are parts missing. I'm confused

if i remember correctly you take one of the copies you made and rename it clocklnk.lnk then place it in the windows directory

let me know if this works and i will try and rewrite the directions to be as precise as possible

Edited by maldonj1

Guest 3shirts

Of all the widget requests I've seen on spbclub, that has to be the most pointless one! There is already a show today option on the right softbutton on the lifestyle page meaning its only two taps to get to the today screen. With this widget you could do it in one but, really, if you need the today screen that often, is Mobile Shell really the right tool for you anyway?!

Guest Omega Ra
Of all the widget requests I've seen on spbclub, that has to be the most pointless one! There is already a show today option on the right softbutton on the lifestyle page meaning its only two taps to get to the today screen. With this widget you could do it in one but, really, if you need the today screen that often, is Mobile Shell really the right tool for you anyway?!

yeah it is kind of pointless. The other option that I do like is you can now clear your call log from within MS3.

Guest lv2bsilly

I have tried it and it works great! However it disabled one thing. Before installing you could change your contacts pics from the address menu or contact carousel or even via facebook. Now that I installed the skins it wont let me change or crop contact pics. It doesnt do anything when I push that button/menu. :D Anyone else having a problem with this? Only way to change contact pics is to go into edit contact and select from a file.

Guest radiowc

Ha! Totally agreed, the new widget "Today Screen" is really pointless... well if you have any existing custom or modified SPB3.0, it will overwrite everything back to default :>

Good thing the call log is working now.

Guest corwest
if i remember correctly you take one of the copies you made and rename it clocklnk.lnk then place it in the windows directory

let me know if this works and i will try and rewrite the directions to be as precise as possible

Ive tried this and vjbrisk says it cant find the clockLNK.lnk file or the clockEXE.exe file. This is frustrating that something so simple is not wroking for me

Guest maf107ezk0

Ok, now create a shortcut of G-Alarm in WINDOWS FOLDER and rename it to clockLNK ?! What can`t you understand :D

Guest Omega Ra
Ok, now create a shortcut of G-Alarm in WINDOWS FOLDER and rename it to clockLNK ?! What can`t you understand :D

clocklnk.lnk

Guest Turborepu
I bet you all noticed when you enter some menu for the first time icons are not displayed at once. It is a short time but it just pokes right into the eye when i see it....

That bugs the living hell outta me too.. they will probably fix it eventually, some of the icons do actually get cached so i'm sure they just need to tweak it a tad more.. there is a place in the registry where it seems to have those values, maybe they can be manually entered.. but what i do when i soft reset or restart ms3 is that i load the programs screen, and scroll to it all so it loads em.. after a while i'm not sure if they stay though..

Guest maf107ezk0

Omega, you don`t have to write the file extension :D (Depending which explorer you use, tho :lol:)

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest corwest

I did this but then i get the eror saying clocklnk.lnk is not the right format.

Guest maldonj1
Ive tried this and vjbrisk says it cant find the clockLNK.lnk file or the clockEXE.exe file. This is frustrating that something so simple is not wroking for me

and it should only be clock.exe, not clockexe.exe, if that doesnt work i would delete everything youve done and start fresh going step by step as you might have the simpest thing missing.

reposting instructions with a few words changed

How to get G-Alarm instead of default alarm

- Install VJBrisk

- Go to Program files/Vijay555/vjbrisk and make a copy of vjbrisk.exe

- rename the copy you just made to clock.exe

- place the new clock.exe into /windows overwriting the old clock.exe

- now go to program files/ageye/G-alarm and rename G-alarm to clocklnk.lnk and place it in the /windows directoy along with clock.exe.

WALLA! click clock and g-alarm should launch

Edited by maldonj1

Guest corwest

ok it worked, it seems that I had to got through Resco to do this and not my pc, im an idiot and thanks for all your help guys :D

Guest ZinuNL
How to get G-Alarm instead of default alarm? Working perfect

- Install VJBrisk

- Go in Program files/Vijay555/vjbrisk

- Inside this folder, there are VJBrisk.exe, make a copy of it.

- rename this copy into clock.exe

- replace this new clock.exe into window/

- Go in G-alarm folder

- create a shortcut of G-alarm.exe

- rename it in clocklnk (don't forget the lnk at the end. : clocklnk.lnk)

- Put this shortcut into /windows/

This could work for other applications ! List them : Klaxon OK;

If you need back your original clock.exe, it's HERE

I am trying to do this, but when I want to overwrite my clock.exe it gives me an Access Denied... what to do?

Guest ZinuNL

I keep pressing paste in Resco Explorer, but nothing seems to happen... even though I surely copied the file to my clipboard.

Guest corwest
Can you install this on the Omnias 16gb memory (my storage)?

Install Resco? yeah you can but the files that you are copying like VJBrisk must go into the device\windows folder.