--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest shady420x
thankyou for the reply and URL, however the samsung USB cable included with my phone is the one i have been using... and i am using it on a windows xp computer with activesync. the phone will not charge (although it says its charging), whether it USB is set to ON or OFF in the settings screen (under "communications" in the M2D ROM). I've actually determined that when USB is turned OFF (as it was suggested I do earlier), it actually drains the battery more than if it was not connected because in this setting, the screen stays on the entire time its connected to the PC. This results in a slow constant drain of the battery. If USB is set to ON, the screen will turn off, but the phone will stop charging. So its like, im screwed either way.

I wonder why I seem to be the only person having problems here. Maybe theres something wrong with my phone itself. I know that i have to press the power button 5 or 6 times to get the phone to turn on, and my friend has an omnia without this problem. maybe i should swap this one while i'm still within my 30 days.

Theres nothing wrong with your phone.

No ones phone charges via usb. I dont know why and im not sure if anyone really know the answer to this design flaw that Samsung has gave us.

Did you ever edit the power settings? I remember when i first got my phone i played around with the power settings to "customize" them but noticed that after doing so it became very difficult to wake the phone from its stand by state. The default power profile seems to work best here. If this is the case for you back up your stuff, do a hard reset and then just stay away from the "power" tab.

Guest Adrynalyne
Theres nothing wrong with your phone.

No ones phone charges via usb. I dont know why and im not sure if anyone really know the answer to this design flaw that Samsung has gave us.

Did you ever edit the power settings? I remember when i first got my phone i played around with the power settings to "customize" them but noticed that after doing so it became very difficult to wake the phone from its stand by state. The default power profile seems to work best here. If this is the case for you back up your stuff, do a hard reset and then just stay away from the "power" tab.

Mine charges via USB. Slower than molasses, but it does charge.

Guest negitivej

One thing I have run into is that since v3 and up Qik has not worked. I went back to v1 and v2 of wozzer's WM6.5 and Qik worked flawlessly. Now in the lastest roms it just spins when you start the app up like it can't initialize the camera or something. Are there any work arounds?

-J

Guest jstuart91
Off subject but does anyone know how to make backgrounds work in both portrait and landscape i have tried all diffrent sizes but never works for both for the rotation

The best thing I've found to do is use 2 seperate images for wallpaper, one 240x400 and one 400x240 I've noticed it's a little different to do this from the stock rom, but what I do to get this to work on wozzer's roms is:

1) open the 240x400 image and go menu>set as>today background

2) soft reset

3) rename the portrait image to stwater_240_400.jpg and the landscape image to stwater_400_240.jpg

4) use total commander to move those 2 files into the \windows directory (copy/paste works in stock rom, but not with the 6.5 roms for some reason)

5) there should also be a file named stwater.gif in the windows directory, delete it

6) soft reset and you should be set

sometimes it works without the softrests and without setting one of the files as today background to create the gif file, but sometimes it doesnt, it seems pretty random but it allways works for me doing it the way i listed.

Guest Are these my pants?
I am really liking the the Titanium interface, got it dialed in nice. Unfortunately I am getting a lot of lockups using the Lite ROM. The locks will happen sometimes while it is sitting idle, screen off.

Third Party apps are:

Phone Extension

iGo8

HTC Audio Manager

Active Panels are:

TitaniumWeather

CHome

CLinks

CClock

CAppointments

CLauncher

HTCMUSIC

CMyPhotos

Anyone else having similar stability issues?

No one? Everyone else is rock solid? I am wondering what is calling this. Just today, I was expecting a call, checked my phone and it was non responsive. I have to pull the battery out to reboot it.....

The best thing I've found to do is use 2 seperate images for wallpaper, one 240x400 and one 400x240 I've noticed it's a little different to do this from the stock rom, but what I do to get this to work on wozzer's roms is:

2) soft reset

3) rename the portrait image to stwater_240_400.jpg and the landscape image to stwater_400_240.jpg

4) use total commander to move those 2 files into the \windows directory (copy/paste works in stock rom, but not with the 6.5 roms for some reason)

5) there should also be a file named stwater.gif in the windows directory, delete it

sometimes it works without the softrests and without setting one of the files as today background to create the gif file, but sometimes it doesnt, it seems pretty random but it allways works for me doing it the way i listed.

If you use a 400x400 image and set it as the background through Theme Maker, it will work in portrait and landscape.

Guest TheDrizzle
No one? Everyone else is rock solid? I am wondering what is calling this. Just today, I was expecting a call, checked my phone and it was non responsive. I have to pull the battery out to reboot it.....

I was having a similar problem with v3 but I think it was because I was using the full screen s2u2 call id. I have not had the problem since upgrading to v5.

Guest Adrynalyne
I know 21728 is out, it seemed to have a good amount of issues to get it working, and didn't really bring a whole lot to the table. I'm pretty much just doing major revisions of the SYS.

Not sure where you heard that, because its not true.

What brings to the table:

-Stability

-Performance

-Modem Link

-Improved Lockscreen issues

-Updated and fixed WMP issues

I had it ported and built, XIP and SYS within 30 minutes. I have had some issues with it, but they were my own doing, and I have fixed them since.

The improvements from 21725 to 21728 are greater than the improvements from 21234 to 21725.

I was having a similar problem with v3 but I think it was because I was using the full screen s2u2 call id. I have not had the problem since upgrading to v5.

Interesting, I don't have S2U2 but Phone Extension does have full screen caller ID, wonder if that is the problem? <_<

Guest Jhunkab
Interesting, I don't have S2U2 but Phone Extension does have full screen caller ID, wonder if that is the problem? <_<

I have also experienced screen black-out and locking.. I have noticed the cell phone to be a bit warm whenever cell is in that condition.. damn.. just missed wife's call!!

I am using v 0.5 Naked.. with multiple packages added. Nothing related to screen locking..

Planning to jump to newer SYS .. in case that helps.

Guest monsterpt
Hi,

There are over 100 pages in this thread so maybe this has already been answered...

1) I'm assuming we should uninstall everything from the phone first because most of us don't install to the main storage, so there will be a lot of programs and program data on the "My Storage" space without any connection to the operating system.

Is this true?

Thanks,

JedK

I load everything that will run correctly to My Storage. Plugins, system apps etc I load to the device memory for proper function. When you flash a new ROM, then all you have to do is reload the cab back to My Storage and it will rewrite the functions into the registry but saves most of your old data from the apps as well.

No foolproof but works for most apps out there.

Guest monsterpt

2) soft reset

For anyone wanting to quickly change the background image, try A_C's S2V. AWESOME!

Two images 240x400 and 400x240 works. so does 400x400. edit the images on your computer and save them to storage card or my storage. then when your in s2v, select the thumb from list and click the ... button and you will see a selection called set as today background. Select this and it performs the image mods for you.

PS. I also use S2P for my music player, A_C has even made a titanium plugin that I have gotten to work very well for Wozzers ROMs. S2P rocks with full screen album art and album scrolling like the iPhone ;P

Guest Apo11on
I load everything that will run correctly to My Storage. Plugins, system apps etc I load to the device memory for proper function. When you flash a new ROM, then all you have to do is reload the cab back to My Storage and it will rewrite the functions into the registry but saves most of your old data from the apps as well.

No foolproof but works for most apps out there.

both of you, including JedK - google SPB Backup. this is 2009 people! you dont have to reinstall everything and restore all those individualy crafted, personalized settings after every upgrade. ouch!

Guest monsterpt
both of you, including JedK - google SPB Backup. this is 2009 people! you dont have to reinstall everything and restore all those individualy crafted, personalized settings after every upgrade. ouch!

Thanks for the advice. I actually am using sashimi (google it) it loads everything back into the new ROM including my email settings, reg edits etc.

May be a little too advanced for some.

SPB backup is soooo 2008. lol

Guest Itlooksfast

Just some curiosity...I have been reading other roms and checking out their memories...it seems like Wozzers ROM has less memory then others....124 compare to others with 139MB.

Guest bga7x
Just some curiosity...I have been reading other roms and checking out their memories...it seems like Wozzers ROM has less memory then others....124 compare to others with 139MB.

lots of "stock" options was left in this rom! thats the only reason why no biggie

Edited by bga7x

Guest jlavallee

Anyone Try using Calendar Touch From spsh? ive tried installing a few times and it never wants to work correctly. What are you guys using for a PIM with Touchflo? I am looking for something that will show my Tasks.

Guest PearlMikeJam

Is anyone having trouble installing and using apps to My Storage? In the last two versions (v4 and v5), anything I install in My Storage works initially after the install, but after short time (with or without a soft reset) all of the program files installed in My Storage disappear. After installation,I tried to look at the Program Files using Total Commander and I got an error 13. It appears that nothing can be installed in My Storage. Anyone else experience this?

Guest Dblocker
Anyone Try using Calendar Touch From spsh? ive tried installing a few times and it never wants to work correctly. What are you guys using for a PIM with Touchflo? I am looking for something that will show my Tasks.

There's a Titanium panel for Tasks called Taskanium. Just do a google on it. Works great.

Guest MrSmoofy

Running the v5 Lite, Wife sent from her phone a MMS Video (her's a blackberry) and when I open it and play it plays but is black. Am I just missing some codec's or something how would I know which one and how to install them?

Never mind, Installed the SMPlayer+Codecs and that fixed the issue.

Edited by MrSmoofy

Guest Draconius

Wozzer...you pulled the solitaire out of v5 <_<

Anyone have the cab for it? For some reason Shokka's kitchen isn't pulling up for me.

Guest techmaster7545

does anyone know how to change the first letter on panels to be capital i was able to do the ones that had condensed page in folder but other like music,text,email dnt so i tried adding plugin label it still didnt change it

thanks to sector i found the answer

you need a modified chomeres.dll and the chomeres.dll.mui.

those must be replaced in \Windows\

rar has mod done already

dlls.rar

Edited by techmaster7545