--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on
Thanks for the advice. I actually am using sashimi (google it) it loads everything back into the new ROM including my email settings, reg edits etc.

May be a little too advanced for some.

SPB backup is soooo 2008. lol

SPB backup allows to load everything back as well, including custom registry tweaks. It also has ROM upgrade mode, which means if you're restoring on newer SYS it'll automatically detect it and will give you options how to proceed. It can even restore wm 6.1 backups on wm 6.5.

I binged sashimi (google is old news <_< ) and did some reading - doesnt look like it has any advantages over SPB backup at all. Furthermore, sashimi is multipurpose software, like installer etc - not a standalone backup utility. I think a dedicated backup utility with its own code base and fug fixes, which do not get tangled with other feature bugs is always better than multipurpose soft.

Guest Dblocker

Off topic but does anyone have a better looking Solitaire / Free Cell game than the stock ones? Personally I think the stock cards are hard to see on the Omnia. Sorry for the off-topic...

Guest gayflag

I am using the original rom (21322) or something like that. v.01 maybe i would call it.

The other day, windows notified me that it would expire 30 days from 7/01/09. Does this mean my phone will stop working?

Guest vbchan
I am using the original rom (21322) or something like that. v.01 maybe i would call it.

The other day, windows notified me that it would expire 30 days from 7/01/09. Does this mean my phone will stop working?

upgrade to V5...i think wozzer said something that he forgot to take the timebomb out of v1

Guest dmcnado
Anyone Try using Calendar Touch From spsh? ive tried installing a few times and it never wants to work correctly. What are you guys using for a PIM with Touchflo? I am looking for something that will show my Tasks.

I am using spsh calendar touch without any problems. I am running wozzer's 6.5 v5 lite. What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Guest TheEndGame7

Thanks WoZZeRs , I'm using your WoZZeRs WM6.5 Cooked ROM M2D v.05 on my Omnia i910 with MetroPCS service but, I got only really one issue... Ok, I got WEB, GPS via GoogleMaps, plus other programs working after changing the settings for MetroPCS etc... The only one I'm lossing my mind on getting to work is my MMS/Picture Mail... Can you or anyone figure out whats what with this MMS or what the right settings for: WoZZeRs WM6.5 Cooked ROM M2D on my Omnia i910 with MetroPCS service. If anyone can send me there MMS (.mmc file) using SamsungPST for MetroPCS MMS that'll be great if you got the right settings... Thanks!

post-544571-1244060691_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheEndGame7

Guest Rhyzar
One thing I have run into is that since v3 and up Qik has not worked. I went back to v1 and v2 of wozzer's WM6.5 and Qik worked flawlessly. Now in the lastest roms it just spins when you start the app up like it can't initialize the camera or something. Are there any work arounds?

-J

I have also tried to load Qik - I get the same results. I haven't tried it in any of the other roms as I forgot about Qik's actual existence.

Using version 0.2.25 on WoZZeR's v.05

post-462237-1244057756_thumb.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

Guest jlavallee
I am using spsh calendar touch without any problems. I am running wozzer's 6.5 v5 lite. What kind of problems are you experiencing?

Well the phone seems to have a problem on the install and just hangs for awhile. then after a soft reset it takes just as long to load and if it does load the calendar is filled with appointments that repeat itself and uses 92% of the cpu. i am using .5 md2 i may switch to the lite if it works with that setup and just use all the spsh software that i have pocketbreeze and pocket weather i lancher and mytasks. but i was digging the md2

Guest blazingwolf
Well the phone seems to have a problem on the install and just hangs for awhile. then after a soft reset it takes just as long to load and if it does load the calendar is filled with appointments that repeat itself and uses 92% of the cpu. i am using .5 md2 i may switch to the lite if it works with that setup and just use all the spsh software that i have pocketbreeze and pocket weather i lancher and mytasks. but i was digging the md2

Do you have a lot of reoccurring appointments? That is a known bug with Calendar Touch and 6.5.

Guest paul9900

Hey WoZ...LOVE having a new phone twice a month +/-...Most excellent work my friend.

QUESTION: I'm running v5 M2D btw....I work in my truck all day, and I'm running WMWifirouter with the phone on the car charger. It stays hooked up and running for the better part of the day. Question is, why does the phone get hot as hell...and is it potentially going to damage the phone? I'm sure it's battery related, but wow, had it sitting on my leg a few minutes ago and didn't take but a few seconds to feel it through my jeans...youch! Does the combo of wifi and car charger over work it possibly? Everthing is working fantastic though...Google Maps grabs 6 sats in 6 secs...really really quick.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Guest PearlMikeJam
Hey WoZ...LOVE having a new phone twice a month +/-...Most excellent work my friend.

QUESTION: I'm running v5 M2D btw....I work in my truck all day, and I'm running WMWifirouter with the phone on the car charger. It stays hooked up and running for the better part of the day. Question is, why does the phone get hot as hell...and is it potentially going to damage the phone? I'm sure it's battery related, but wow, had it sitting on my leg a few minutes ago and didn't take but a few seconds to feel it through my jeans...youch! Does the combo of wifi and car charger over work it possibly? Everthing is working fantastic though...Google Maps grabs 6 sats in 6 secs...really really quick.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Paul - From what I understand, it is not the battery but rather the processor and wifi card that are getting hot. For me, the heat is concentrated on the lower portion of the back of the phone, not the middle where the battery is. When the processor has to crank through some applications or use wifi, or both, it tends to get hot. Mine will get hot if I am just using Opera for a while.

Guest taiyed33
go to v5 very good i have lite v5

download v5 m2d and the wifi doesn't work, keeps trying to find a wifi hotspot to connect to instead of sending out its own wifi signal...

Guest paul9900
Paul - From what I understand, it is not the battery but rather the processor and wifi card that are getting hot. For me, the heat is concentrated on the lower portion of the back of the phone, not the middle where the battery is. When the processor has to crank through some applications or use wifi, or both, it tends to get hot. Mine will get hot if I am just using Opera for a while.

Yeah, same area cooking here on mine. Processor and wifi use makes sense...but like I said, just worried about it overheating and possibly transforming into a burnt piece of something that doesn't work anymore <_<

Thanks Mike...Still trying to do some more digging here...

Guest paul9900
download v5 m2d and the wifi doesn't work, keeps trying to find a wifi hotspot to connect to instead of sending out its own wifi signal...

If you're talking about WMWifirouter, I had a slight problem at first with it connecting. It had 2 wifi icons where there should only be one. Messed with it for a little while until finally just did a hard reset and reinstalled wmwifirouter...has been working fine since AND you can fry an egg on it too! BONUS! <_< v5 m2d here...

Guest PearlMikeJam
If you're talking about WMWifirouter, I had a slight problem at first with it connecting. It had 2 wifi icons where there should only be one. Messed with it for a little while until finally just did a hard reset and reinstalled wmwifirouter...has been working fine since AND you can fry an egg on it too! BONUS! <_< v5 m2d here...

I tend to have issues with WMWifiRouter too. The solution for me is to go into the Wifi connections settings and change the drop down at the bottom of the screen from access point only to all all available. Once I make that change and fire up WMWifi, it works. For whatever reason, the setting does not save, so you may need to go into the Wifi Connections setting each time. This has been consistent on all version of the ROM, so I am not sure if it is a ROM bug, or more likely a WM bug.

Guest paul9900
I tend to have issues with WMWifiRouter too. The solution for me is to go into the Wifi connections settings and change the drop down at the bottom of the screen from access point only to all all available. Once I make that change and fire up WMWifi, it works. For whatever reason, the setting does not save, so you may need to go into the Wifi Connections setting each time. This has been consistent on all version of the ROM, so I am not sure if it is a ROM bug, or more likely a WM bug.

hmmm...that weird. Besides the initial install, mine fires right up every time. Running version 0.89 here...are you running a different one? Just a thought...

Guest dmcnado

Do you have a lot of reoccurring appointments? That is a known bug with Calendar Touch and 6.5.

I had that same thing happen. I deleted my recurring appointments and the issue went away. I didn't have too many recurring appts, so not a big problem. I just set up recurring tasks instead and it works fine and you can set the recurring tasks to trigger reminders. Worked great (no bugs) w/ 6.1 and I want to continue to use this w/ 6.5 since it's already paid for, love the interface, and I can't stand the windows mobile calendar!

Guest lomnia123

I havent updated yet so I have a question. Is the txt messaging problem still persistent in this 6.5 rom that was in the original i910 rom? thanks.

Guest PearlMikeJam
hmmm...that weird. Besides the initial install, mine fires right up every time. Running version 0.89 here...are you running a different one? Just a thought...

I have version .9 or .91. That may be the problem. It is a minor nuisance, so I an not concerned.

Guest PearlMikeJam
I havent updated yet so I have a question. Is the txt messaging problem still persistent in this 6.5 rom that was in the original i910 rom? thanks.

What problem?

Guest shady420x

Which problem are you referring to?

Guest Draconius

Here is a new one...

My opera is freezing 90% of the time!!!! I can luckily hit the X in the top right to close it, but I can't re-open it or anything...Thankfully I have (as crappy as it is) Skyfire for urgent needs.

Anyone else experiencing this? Haven't had it happen on any other v. I've had v1, 3, and now 5.

Guest Apo11on
Here is a new one...

My opera is freezing 90% of the time!!!! I can luckily hit the X in the top right to close it, but I can't re-open it or anything...Thankfully I have (as crappy as it is) Skyfire for urgent needs.

Anyone else experiencing this? Haven't had it happen on any other v. I've had v1, 3, and now 5.

disable Flash plugin in Opera settings and it'll be alright. Opera is just attempting to do what it can't - open flash sites