--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest gdwrnch29

Great news, thanks WoZZeR!

I have a few questions, as I will be putting this ROM on an untouched stock i910.

1. I will first have to install the leaked ROM, correct?

2. I will have better luck using an XP machine versus a Win 7 machine, correct?

3. Need to use a USB 2.0 port, not 1.1, correct (I ask b/c I need to double check what I have on my XP machine)?

4. I did not notice anything about Net CF 3.5 being included in this new ROM, is it? Will it be?

5. Anything else I may need to be aware of to keep from bricking my phone?

Thanks again!

Guest willyg44

to those saying that this release is missin.ga lot of things you are forgetting that this is a beta release and not everything is in it. it won't include every customization option you see in the videos.

Guest theidoctor.org

wow!!! 6.5 is out!!!! too bad i dont have my omnia any more lol

nice job wozzer!

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest syxxness

pretty nice release! :D thanks alot WoZZeR

-Qik works!!

-Wifi Works!!

M2D

-Settings page... communication brings up all settings, and all settings brings up connections.. kinda borked.

Guest phantomguy1

Just wondering..... Im trying to edit the TITANIUM widget.... and when I try to change anything with the CHome editor.... its not letting me see my changes made.... is this because its baked into the rom?

Guest Uribam

Thanks for another great ROM Wozzer. Just so you know after flashing and checking out the stock rom, I restored the device with spb backup. I went to toggle large display and it refuses to load now. It worked before the backup. Is there some other way to set it or no? Otherwise it's great and thanks for your hard work.

edit: also nifty today screen is gone and I can't seem to find an option for that either? It all worked fine before restore, mayhaps that ruined it.

Edited by Uribam

Guest jimgreco

Great rom, updated with no problems and it runs smooth :D Btw

Is there anyway to make the favorites tab on the bottom use Opera as a default instead of IE?

Guest monsterpt

Wozzer,

I have loaded your 6.5 ROM and below is the list of apps, etc running and installed without problems.

I did notice that some of the icons in SPBMS3 were mixed up at first, but this resolved after a couple resets.

Running:

SPB MS3 w/imarche v4.0 skins

S2V, S2P and S2U2

grigoris taskbar mod v.4

Resco backup

Touch response

Clear temp

Favorite Hackings

Haven't tried to get a good gps lock yet - will try later

Currently have 90 megs storage and 48 megs program with the above and some other small apps.

Great work, so far it seems pretty stable.

FYI: I am using the Lite version

Edited by monsterpt

Guest vbchan

i tried out your m2d rom yesterday i think its way AWESOME!!! :D but on the settings part when i hit "all settings" it goes to my connections settings and when i hit "communications" it goes to easy settings...is there a way to quick fix this?

Guest willyg44

Still loving the ROM, but for some reason I still can't get a GPS lock in google maps. Does the GPS chip just suck in the i910?? lol I don't get itt. I've tried it in a pretty strong service area as well.

Guest Adrynalyne
i tried out your m2d rom yesterday i think its way AWESOME!!! :D but on the settings part when i hit "all settings" it goes to my connections settings and when i hit "communications" it goes to easy settings...is there a way to quick fix this?

Thats by design. One of them, a shortcoming of M2D.

Guest vbchan
Thats by design. One of them, a shortcoming of M2D.

so they have not come out with a fix for this? if not it's not that bad i'm still enjoying my new rom!....and thanks for helping me out with flashing my omnia, that webpage was just what i needed! THANKS!

Guest Tim-H
Great news, thanks WoZZeR!

I have a few questions, as I will be putting this ROM on an untouched stock i910.

1. I will first have to install the leaked ROM, correct?

2. I will have better luck using an XP machine versus a Win 7 machine, correct?

3. Need to use a USB 2.0 port, not 1.1, correct (I ask b/c I need to double check what I have on my XP machine)?

4. I did not notice anything about Net CF 3.5 being included in this new ROM, is it? Will it be?

5. Anything else I may need to be aware of to keep from bricking my phone?

Thanks again!

1. Yes you need to have flashed the leaked ROM before doing any of the current i910 custom ROMs

2. Yes, from what ive seen it is more complicated to run the flash on a non XP machine. To be safe if you have access to an XP machine you should use it.

3. Yes there have been problems with data connections and possible bricking on non USB 2.0

Good luck, don't panic, and make sure everything is fully charged before doing it.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest Dblocker

Anyone know of a way to rearrange the items in the honeycomb menu? I've edited the \windows\startmenu to remove the items I don't care about. But don't know how to arrange them in the order I want.

I also installed AE Button Plus which I think really enhances things with 6.5. I have a long-press of the DPAD open the honeycomb menu - much easier than reaching with my fingers to the top of the screen to press the start button. And I have a long-press of the Green talk key to close the current app; easier than reaching up to press the X and it always closes the app instead of just minimizing it. Highly recommended.

Any using S2U2 with the 6.5 rom yet? I think this is my next step as I don't like the standard Lock thing at all - mostly cause I have enter my passcode every time I unlock.

Oh and I final thing - I added the Fave people panel for photo contact dialing. Works great and easy to setup. I've gotten used to photo dialing from using Mobile Shell & M2D. This panel seems to be the closest replacement for WM6.5?

Guest gdwrnch29
1. Yes you need to have flashed the leaked ROM before doing any of the current i910 custom ROMs

2. Yes, from what ive seen it is more complicated to run the flash on a non XP machine. To be safe if you have access to an XP machine you should use it.

3. Yes there have been problems with data connections and possible bricking on non USB 2.0

Good luck, don't panic, and make sure everything is fully charged before doing it.

Thanks Tim-H, I'm ready to roll w/ it!

Guest syxxness
Any using S2U2 with the 6.5 rom yet? I think this is my next step as I don't like the standard Lock thing at all - mostly cause I have enter my passcode every time I unlock.

I am, works like a charm!

Guest winmar

Great Work Wozzer, I am a little disapointed with 6.5 though. I guess I was expecting more out of it since everyone raved so much about it. I think I am going to go back to my old setup until a later time, although everytime I get something where I want it a new version comes out. You guys do amazing work though and I'll keep checking for new things and tweaks.

Guest TheJanitor

Got it working last night, thanks for the suggestion! Great ROM, but are the extra apps only added on the lite rom? I downloaded the stock one and Google Maps and such weren't on there so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Guest metalzoic

I've been following this (starting with the gps thread) for a few months now and have been waiting for a 6.5 rom (thanks Wozzer) before flashing my stock but have a couple questions:

Is it ok to flash using usb 1.0? In the new rom thread a couple people mention it worked fine. a couple people said it's not recommended. And a page back someone doesn't recommend it.

-Problem is I only have acces to an XP machine with usb 1.0

2nd. Does 6.5 have a different interface for sms/mms (full screen pictures?) or email? I'll probably be running Home 2 Pro over windows so these are some of the only winmo screens I'll even see.

I'm just wondering If 6.5 is a significant improvement over 6.1 or if I'm better off using one of Wozzers 6.1 roms instead of the 6.5. (then again if I understand correctly I can easily change between the 2 by flashing just the PDA image?)

Thanks!

Guest WrathX

I've been searching, and because there are so many threads with "ROM" in it, I'm having problems finding the original leaked rom. Can someone post a link to it? That would be very beneficial, as I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't flashed their Omnias yet (like myself). Thanks. :D

Guest willyg44
Great Work Wozzer, I am a little disapointed with 6.5 though. I guess I was expecting more out of it since everyone raved so much about it. I think I am going to go back to my old setup until a later time, although everytime I get something where I want it a new version comes out. You guys do amazing work though and I'll keep checking for new things and tweaks.

I think once the FULL release comes out it will be a big improvement. There are a lot of things missing in the beta that are supposed to be in the full release. Almost anything is an improvement over the previous WinMo os's thought I guess heh

Got it working last night, thanks for the suggestion! Great ROM, but are the extra apps only added on the lite rom? I downloaded the stock one and Google Maps and such weren't on there so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Yes, the extra apps are added to the lite release.

Guest blazingwolf
I've been following this (starting with the gps thread) for a few months now and have been waiting for a 6.5 rom (thanks Wozzer) before flashing my stock but have a couple questions:

Is it ok to flash using usb 1.0? In the new rom thread a couple people mention it worked fine. a couple people said it's not recommended. And a page back someone doesn't recommend it.

-Problem is I only have acces to an XP machine with usb 1.0

2nd. Does 6.5 have a different interface for sms/mms (full screen pictures?) or email? I'll probably be running Home 2 Pro over windows so these are some of the only winmo screens I'll even see.

I'm just wondering If 6.5 is a significant improvement over 6.1 or if I'm better off using one of Wozzers 6.1 roms instead of the 6.5. (then again if I understand correctly I can easily change between the 2 by flashing just the PDA image?)

Thanks!

1. This has caused quite a few bricked phones. Try at your own risk.

2. Not that I have seen.

3. Not all of the 6.5 features are here yet. WoZZeR is probably working on them but I'm not 100% sure of that. As to whether it is better is purely a personal decision. You can always flash it and then flash back if you don't like it.

Guest blazingwolf
I've been searching, and because there are so many threads with "ROM" in it, I'm having problems finding the original leaked rom. Can someone post a link to it? That would be very beneficial, as I'm sure there are plenty of people who haven't flashed their Omnias yet (like myself). Thanks. :D

Look here:http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html