--

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest myoder020

alright, thanks for your work. do you know if an alternative task manager is available from some third party company?

Guest WoZZeR999
alright, thanks for your work. do you know if an alternative task manager is available from some third party company?

MemMaid has a good one. Good cache/temp clearing too. It was good enough that I bought it over free alternatives.

Guest semmtexx

Hey guys: quick question: Do things like messaging, calendar etc still look the same as 6.1? I've always hated wm messaging. It's like first you get a popup, then you can either dismiss or reply or view but when you bew or reply the process of all of it openeing just looks like a bunch of glitchy mess. I hope there is like a newer cleaner looking messaging!!

Guest lioryte
has anyone tried to install spb backup? It always fails when I try to.

also has the task manager been removed?

SPB backup works for me, it was working with the lite ROM I've installed AND has worked with the M2D ROM I'm using today.

As for task mgr, back on 6.1 I had AE Button use my main menu button as tsk. switcher, so it was working for me in the 2 releases I've been using- lite and M2D.

However, I'm missing wifi option on both. Other than that, WoZZer you the man, I'll have a nice shot of Benromach 1973 for your health. Other issues are minor

post-463807-1241304949_thumb.jpg

Guest monsterpt
how did you get the touchresponse dll to work??

You have to reset sometimes 2-5 times to see touchresponse in the settings system menu. Then change the device number to 11. otherwise it won't recognize the Omnia.

Guest monsterpt
i'm using the m2d rom. where's the task manager located, because it's not in the windows folder like it was in 6.1.

It is not in the ROM. If you use SPB MS3 it is still there, located on the top of the favorites tile.

Guest silverback2

hey, haveing some problems with the lock screen, it works most of the time, but it wont look sometimes and it locks up some of the screen and i have to soft rest, next time it happens i'll get a screen shot.(im using the the lite rom)

edit> now it wont do it. grr

edit. now it did it, the pics are here too

Screen01.bmp

Screen02.bmp

Edited by silverback2

Guest nikita13warrior
1. They work just fine.

2. It's only one build older so not a whole lot.

3. Yes, please read before asking this type of question as it has been asked quite a few times.

4. You need to be careful with this as it can cause problems. It is best to reinstall everything when moving to a new ROM build like from 6.1 to 6.5. There are many changes that will be undone by restoring a backup.

5. Personal opinion. Try both and use the one you like.

Hi, I didn't try any cooked roms since I had 6700 and that's couple years back, I don't even remember how I did it then, but I remember it was a way harder than this one. However I probably did something wron. So I would appreciate if anyone could help.

1. I understood that "leak'd rom" is needed before installing what is on this thread, but I couldn't locate or couldn't understand what is that or which one is that. So I flashed to : http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

2. Then I flashed to M2D version in this thread.

3. Everything went fine and I changed in the phone options the GPS loaction status into "on"

But now I don't know what should I do next, because there's no GPS icon or shortcut, plus I don't see how to create a comport for GPS. Could anyone help

Thanks

Guest lioryte

with M2D every time after sending an image you have to tap the screen to launch TouchFlo. I don't know if this is normal never used M2D b4efore, not HTC fan- So ?IDK if normal.

Guest Windsponge

I just want to say this is best I have used so far. Am using light . I dont text or mms but everything I use works so far. Small issue with Task manager Cant shut off desk top or it acts funny other than that it works.WI_FI works fine. This is a wonderful rom.WoZZer999 you are truly doing special. I have a program called Pocket E-Sword and it even worked. I am very thankful for your work.

Guest nikita13warrior

Noone answered my first post yet:

Hi, I didn't try any cooked roms since I had 6700 and that's couple years back, I don't even remember how I did it then, but I remember it was a way harder than this one. However I probably did something wron. So I would appreciate if anyone could help.

1. I understood that "leak'd rom" is needed before installing what is on this thread, but I couldn't locate or couldn't understand what is that or which one is that. So I flashed to : http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

3. Everything went fine and I changed in the phone options the GPS loaction status into "on"

But now I don't know what should I do next, because there's no GPS icon or shortcut, plus I don't see how to create a comport for GPS. Could anyone help

Thanks

Guest WoZZeR999

It seems using the lock screen causes the problems. It could also be titaniumweather. I'll have to see if it locks up without titanium.

Guest WoZZeR999

Thanks

That is the leaked rom.

The comport is set in the program using the GPS.

Guest nikita13warrior

If "The comport is set in the program using the GPS.", then how do you do it in Tomtom, because it is asking for the comport that has the gps on it. I used the external unit before and paired it through bluetooth and the bluetooth had the settings to apply it to comport. After reading few threads on it, I understand I should have the "external GPS" icon in the menus, but I scrolled through the whole PPC and couldn't fined anything relating to GPS except in the phone menu to enable it, which I originally did. Could you help?

Guest monsterpt

Thanks

There is a reg edit to enable the external gps.

HKLM>Control Panels>GPS Settings> then rename the "Redirect" value to "Default"

Reset phone (may take a couple resets) You will now see External GPS in the settings system menu. COM set to 8. et baud rate to 57600.

Guest monsterpt
It seems using the lock screen causes the problems. It could also be titaniumweather. I'll have to see if it locks up without titanium.

Thought I'd give an update, after 15 straight hours trying to crash your ROM I have failed. It seems very stable to me. None of the lock screen issues, wifi works fine, gps gives me quick response, titanium is working fine as is SPB MS3. I figured the first 6.5 out of the gate would have issues. Great work and feel free to throw more at us.

Guest nikita13warrior
There is a reg edit to enable the external gps.

HKLM>Control Panels>GPS Settings> then rename the "Redirect" value to "Default"

Reset phone (may take a couple resets) You will now see External GPS in the settings system menu. COM set to 8. et baud rate to 57600.

Let me try it. I will right back to let you know. Thanks a lot

Guest WoZZeR999
wozzer when do you plan on releasing an update?

Probably later tomorrow. I have a few things I'm working on. I fixed some of the problems, working on a few others.

Guest bigperm
The drink of choice last night was some tastey bud select mini pitchers. They taste like crap, but at $3 for 32 ounces, I can't pass it up.

My normal choice is beer and whiskey/whiskey drinks! I've actually become a beer snob over the past few years. I'm a fan of the darker porters and stouts, maybe a good red. Guinness is one of my favorite beers, but most places don't pour it right, so it's really only worth getting at a place that knows what they are doing. I've become a fan of smaller craft beers, Dogfishhead (brand) being on of my favorite. If I ever goto a brewery that I have not been to before, I ususally start out with a sampler.

Dogfishead is sweet....so sweet....which ones do you you like? I started with the IPA, then the 60 min...then the 90 min...(it's only sold in4 packs, and at 9+% ABV, it will take care of you right quick!!!!)

And then, of course, there is the 120 min as well...have you been to their brewery? I don't know where you live, It is in DE, and they have a restaurant with good beer in Rehobeth Beach, with limited release beers, and pretty solid food, oh and did I mention the beer?