HTC TD wont ring

Guest marcusbenito

Guest marcusbenito

Hi Guys,

I've just got my first windows phone and very impressed, apart from I am having a problem with the phone ringing.

I had a few missed calls today and couldnt work out why.

So I rang the phone before and it only vibrates and doesnt ring at all.

I have check the notifications under sounds and notifications and everything is set correctly.

I have also made sure the volume on the side is set to full. The phone is only a week old and was working fine a few days ago.

Is there anyone that can help me.

Thanks

Guest estechco
Hi Guys,

I've just got my first windows phone and very impressed, apart from I am having a problem with the phone ringing.

I had a few missed calls today and couldnt work out why.

So I rang the phone before and it only vibrates and doesnt ring at all.

I have check the notifications under sounds and notifications and everything is set correctly.

I have also made sure the volume on the side is set to full. The phone is only a week old and was working fine a few days ago.

Is there anyone that can help me.

Thanks

Sounds like it could be a fault? I would speak to your supplier so at least they are aware of it in case you need a return!

Does the volume button 'ding' as you increase/decrease? What about the external speaker if you play music?

Guest andybarker

My first instinct is the handy option (not sure if on or off by default) where the phone will be not ring if it is face down (handy in meetings).

Do you get other sounds from the phone? What if you change the ringtone, and what if you set it to only ring and not vibrate?

Guest estechco
My first instinct is the handy option (not sure if on or off by default) where the phone will be not ring if it is face down (handy in meetings).

Do you get other sounds from the phone? What if you change the ringtone, and what if you set it to only ring and not vibrate?

I've just had the same issue and thankfully worked it out in my case.

When you increase/decrease the volume there is both a "System" and "Ring" tab. This may sound screamingly obvious, but I missed it initially and therefore wonder whether you did too.

If you go to the "Ring" tab is this bit turned right down?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LessThanSte
I've just had the same issue and thankfully worked it out in my case.

When you increase/decrease the volume there is both a "System" and "Ring" tab. This may sound screamingly obvious, but I missed it initially and therefore wonder whether you did too.

If you go to the "Ring" tab is this bit turned right down?

Im having the same issue, sound everywhere i can find is up but i cant hear it ringing, god knows why. But just having a look for this (and im sure ive seen it before), i cant find the 'Ring' tab?

EDIT: Ah, nay mind, ive found it now. I keep forgetting that tab is there :|

Edited by LessThanSte