Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

Guest necosino

Guest preachriley
THANKS!

I didn't need to use UMDL to download the cf03 update. When I try the link to get it it says 404 not found. From flashing instructions it looks as though I would need it to flash a custome rom even if i didn't before correct, or no?

Have only flashed htc phones before and this is a good deal different.

Thanks for any help.

Riley

NM, Found a link, thanks

Edited by preachriley

Guest theidoctor.org
I didn't need to use UMDL to download the cf03 update. When I try the link to get it it says 404 not found. From flashing instructions it looks as though I would need it to flash a custome rom even if i didn't before correct, or no?

Thanks for any help.

Riley

NM, Found a link, thanks

Well... i am actually working on redoing my website... we moved to a new server so i can actually do a good webpage... im not sure what files are missing form the move, but i am working on getting it back.

Thanks for any help.

Riley

NM, Found a link, thanks

Maybe similar siduation...

I had to get my i910 back to "normal" so I could go to VZW store for tech issue. ( another story)

I had the same 404 issue but found the CFO3 files in three pieces as a "rar" file on Google or the "before you flash" site.

Dumped them into a file. Extracted bin files with 7 zip. Found CFO3 file with UMDL. Push the button had a sip of coffee all better

:) B)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cmock65

Unable to get UMDL to detect device.

I have confirmed I am running the CF03 ROM

Have drivers installed on computer recognizing device

Windows 7

Mobile device settings set to NOT allow USB connection

Device set to storage

Device off

Open UMDL

Load new ROM (lioryte 23529 build) at PDA button

select detect

place battery in phone (leave off)

plug in USB

turn on phone and...

nothing happens.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by cmock65

Guest failurbydesign

Im new to the omnia, im looking for a flash that might suite me. Music and internet really, bluetooth for my car. Also i had read somehwere t hat the screen lock may not work, is this true?

AS for themes, i could use any right?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XBeatzX

I just got a like new samsung omnia i910 yesterday, and today I went through the procedure to update it to the newest Verizon Rom. During the update Activesync failed and now it is stuck on the "Samsung Omnia" Splash screen. The little progress indicator below it will move for about one second when I turn it on and then just stay on that screen were it displays Samsung Omnia. I have tried plugging it into multiple computers, switching the battery with no luck. Anyone have any idea's? or am I SOL.

Guest necosino

Just repeat the procedure, it just didn't finish completely.

Also, make sure activesync's connection setting is changed to NOT allow USB connections, otherwise it won't work either (activesync should NOT open during the flash procedure)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pnpman

After upgrading ROM, the *228 didn't work for me.

Verizon walked me through manually programming the phone. Instructions below.

1- dial **772. You should see Service Code.

2 - enter 000000. Tap OK. That will put you into service mode. You will see your MEID A00000xxxxxxxx

3 - Press enter 3 times. You should see CDMA Directory#. Enter your 10 digit mobile phone #. Tap Enter

4 - MSIN (MIN). If it is not already there, again enter you 10 digit mobile phone #. Tap enter

5 - CDMA Home SID. They had me put in 6. Tap Enter. I don't know what this value is for I'm assuming it means Verizon is my carrier.

6 - Tap Exit.

7 - That's it. You may get a message to soft reset the phone. Hit yes and let it reset. Good to go!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Luacious

Hi Guys, I am looking for the samsung UMDL, the link on the front of this page seems broken, and I am a newb, never flashed before, today is going to be my first. I do still need the UMDL w/ flashing to DC22, right?

Actually, found one I think, pls let me know if this one is no good, v 2.3

Filestube hosted on RapidShare

Edited by Luacious

Guest Luacious

My near death experiance =(((

I was flashing to Waremikes' DC22 rom tonight, and midway though the flash, USB cable came loose!

I started shaking and thought I was about to have heartattack...

I disconnected phone, shut off, and reloaded UMDL and started over (Still using Waremikes' Rom)

It worked!, it took forever to load first time, and now seems a bit glitchy but it worked.

Anyone have any advice weather there is unseen damage i do not yet know about or if I should or shouldnt reflash (I am thinking of flashing to official DC22 then back to Waremikes' Rom)

Any input would be useful

Oh and kids, DONT TRY THIS AT HOME!

Guest kevout
Method 2: Using UMDL NOTE: This method is really only recommended if for some reason Method 1 does not work for you.

* Download the Samsung UMDL software here.

UMDL link is dead...could someone please provide an updated location for it? Yes, I realize someone posted a rapidshare link two posts up; but no one chimed in to say if that was a legit download, or just some spyware or other crap renamed as the UMDL program.

Edited by kevout

Guest Luacious
UMDL link is dead...could someone please provide an updated location for it? Yes, I realize someone posted a rapidshare link two posts up; but no one chimed in to say if that was a legit download, or just some spyware or other crap renamed as the UMDL program.

oh that makes me feel real warm n fuzzy...

lol dude I used have flashed about 6 times w/ it so far, works good for me

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Antonini

:unsure: THANKS THAKS THAKS Necocino, I had up three months with my phone dead, until y read this post (your post) and my phone is alive again. The only problem was that i coud´t charge de Verison CF03 with the UMDL software, but i did it directly. Many people in others foruns has the same problem that i had, With your permission I will show them your post. Newly thanks my friend. Regreat my poor english.

Guest Alejandro (Venezuela)

someone knows the CDMA Home SID Movilnet Venezuela, because installing the official verizon rom CF03 and now I can not make calls, follow the steps of 772 ** and in this step is not that place, someone please help me, sorry for my English is taken from google translator :unsure:

• 6 months later...