Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

Guest necosino

Guest ichibanescobar

well now its working :D

thanks. but is there a way

to make it find satellites faster?

because it takes me about 2-4 mins

to get it to find signal....

Guest oogravyoo

excellent directions.. flashed to the leak and then to wozzers lite with no issues..

flashed on Windows 7 build 7077

only think I could say about the directions is on the flash to the leak to make sure you wait till its done doing its thing, there is a pause after the first load before it starts again.. afraid some might pull the plug early..

Guest necosino
excellent directions.. flashed to the leak and then to wozzers lite with no issues..

flashed on Windows 7 build 7077

only think I could say about the directions is on the flash to the leak to make sure you wait till its done doing its thing, there is a pause after the first load before it starts again.. afraid some might pull the plug early..

That's why the guide says to wait until the loading box in UMDL turns Blue and says "Job Done!" and your phone restarts and loads normally before disconnecting :D

Guest oogravyoo
That's why the guide says to wait until the loading box in UMDL turns Blue and says "Job Done!" and your phone restarts and loads normally before disconnecting :D

directions I believe says wait for the blue highlight.. if im not mistaken it turns blue a few times during the flash to the leaked rom..

I could be mistaken.. short term memory lol

Guest necosino
directions I believe says wait for the blue highlight.. if im not mistaken it turns blue a few times during the flash to the leaked rom..

I could be mistaken.. short term memory lol

The only time it turns blue is when it says "Job Done!" and your phone will restart and boot into windows normally.

Guest Takarin
ok so do i have this correct.. a rom is like an os and the umdl is like the loader and a cooked rom is like a shrunken modified os?

A 'cooked ROM' is a ROM that has been modified in some way. It's not necessarily smaller - but, in many cases, that is a goal. Check this

Guest nerdherd

Awesome. I followed the directions last night and it worked perfectly. I hard reset before trying it then made sure my phone connected to the computer, then disabled the ActiveSync stuff, restarted my computer, turned off the part of my anti-virus that monitors my hard drive (just in case), flashed and had no issues whatsoever! Google Maps works on default Windows settings and I'm happy!

Thanks for everyone who put this together!!! It took me long enough to work up the guts to try this update, now my question is...do I update to a WM 6.5 ROM or not? Decisions, decisions...

Guest theidoctor.org
Awesome. I followed the directions last night and it worked perfectly. I hard reset before trying it then made sure my phone connected to the computer, then disabled the ActiveSync stuff, restarted my computer, turned off the part of my anti-virus that monitors my hard drive (just in case), flashed and had no issues whatsoever! Google Maps works on default Windows settings and I'm happy!

Thanks for everyone who put this together!!! It took me long enough to work up the guts to try this update, now my question is...do I update to a WM 6.5 ROM or not? Decisions, decisions...

turning off the antivirus is a great idea! glad it worked!

Guest tonywj

I flashed my Omnia I910 with the cc20 ROM... Everything went fine...no problems. My GPS does work with Google Maps and MS Virtual Earth.. However, I have not been able to get Live Search to work with my GPS. Thanks a Million to the guy that Cooked it up.

Guest necosino
I flashed my Omnia I910 with the cc20 ROM... Everything went fine...no problems. My GPS does work with Google Maps and MS Virtual Earth.. However, I have not been able to get Live Search to work with my GPS. Thanks a Million to the guy that Cooked it up.

This was actually a release that was leaked by a Samsung Employee (azintegra).

All of the cooked ROMs out there are built off of the files in this ROM, hence why you need to flash it before any of the other i910 ROMs available right now.

Guest KeegoSean
okay I forget, how do I get around the device does not support DPRAM download? I never had that problem before now.

I just went to flash the CC20 rom onto my verizon i910 and got the same message in the log "device does not support DPRAM download"..

I was hoping someone might have found a fix to this problem? :D

heres a copy of the log if maybe that helps:

Device name:5&1bfe1c47&0&8

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing image finished...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Device does not support DPRAM Download

Guest theidoctor.org
I just went to flash the CC20 rom onto my verizon i910 and got the same message in the log "device does not support DPRAM download"..

I was hoping someone might have found a fix to this problem? :D

heres a copy of the log if maybe that helps:

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing image finished...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Device does not support DPRAM Download

thats a bad sign... thats what it gave me before i bricked my phone.... i would maybe try it from a different computer... did you hard reset?

Guest octoberprince78

Hey, my work has blocked all various download/torrent sites and Im unable to get i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Guest punchman

so, i followed all the directions, and this flash just isn't working for me. this is all i get:

Device name:4&36cd09fb&0&1

EBoot version=01.61

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

and i just remain on pda-downloading eboot...

anyone have any ideas?

Guest necosino
Hey, my work has blocked all various download/torrent sites and Im unable to get i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Do it from home.

Guest necosino
so, i followed all the directions, and this flash just isn't working for me. this is all i get:

Device name:4&36cd09fb&0&1

EBoot version=01.61

Start downloading...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

and i just remain on pda-downloading eboot...

anyone have any ideas?

Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 port, and not through a USB hub.

Guest punchman
Make sure you are on a USB 2.0 port, and not through a USB hub.

I'm definitely using a USB 2.0 port. Although I am doing everything through parallels on my mac. Would using a virtual machine screw up the flashing?

Guest blakeyo

If I'm updating to WoZZeR's ROM, do I have to call Verizon and have them authorize my phone after I install the CC20 ROM or can I just put WoZZeR's on right after without doing to *228 stuff? Calling twice in 20 minutes saying I hard reset my phone might seem a little obvious.

Guest necosino

You only need to call if, for some reason, you aren't able to make or receive calls/data after flashing the CC20. Normally you should not have this issue. As long as you can make a call, go ahead and flash your custom ROM.

If you try to make a call and it says your phone hasn't been programmed (which it may), just dial *228, option 1 to program, then again call *228 option 2 to set your roaming preferences (does it automatically based on where you are calling from).

Guest blakeyo
You only need to call if, for some reason, you aren't able to make or receive calls/data after flashing the CC20. Normally you should not have this issue. As long as you can make a call, go ahead and flash your custom ROM.

If you try to make a call and it says your phone hasn't been programmed (which it may), just dial *228, option 1 to program, then again call *228 option 2 to set your roaming preferences (does it automatically based on where you are calling from).

Ahhh it all worked. When I flashed my 6800 i had to call but these two flashed no probs. Kudos everyone!!