Start HERE Before Flashing a cooked ROM (Verizon i910)

Guest necosino

Guest theidoctor.org
I have the CC20 Rom that came out a few weeks ago.. Do I need to flash over to the CF03 official Rom thats been released in order for it to technically be covered under warranty? Is there anything new in the CF03 release?

Thanks

TeMpTeK

yes im sure you need to... i dont think the cc20 rom is even under warranty.

LINK you can find info on the cf03 release

Guest jaycarl

Please remove or change this to a Start Here for Official Verizon Rom Upgrade.

Newcomers to this forum will think they first have to flash the leaked CC20 before they flash to another cooked rom.

As long as this post remains unchanged it will take away from the integrity of this forum.

Guest AaronsDarts

Hello I have had a Samsung Omnia from verizon for several months now. They said that the version was the i900 but when I look under the version stuff under the system tab it has the following:

ROM Version: S:i910.10 V.Bj28.20276

Modem Version: S:i910.10 V.Bj18

H/W Version: H:i910.10 V.Q

PRL Version: P:51495 E:00004

Bluetooth MAC: 002491a04bb0

WLAN MAC: 0021e81c0331

WDC: 2:37PM, Jul 15, 2009

I am trying to go to a new ROM because verizon screws everything up, and never fixes there stuff. My question is what is the best ROM for my phone and also I was trying to use certain programs that I just bought. Those programs are as follows:

SPB Finance

SPB Wallet

SPB Mobile Shell

Audio Note

Would some one that uses these programs able to let me know if a new ROM still works with those and also, Verify that Audio Note works properly in the new ROM. Currently it only records the end coming into my phone and not what I say (what I say is very faint to the point where there having a conversation with thereself.

I would also like some one that knows what there doing to contact me on skype or other simaler chat like xfire on how to do the whole new ROM thing. And also some one that knows how to fix the whole GPS thing.

Guest byutzy
Hello I have had a Samsung Omnia from verizon for several months now. They said that the version was the i900 but when I look under the version stuff under the system tab it has the following:

ROM Version: S:i910.10 V.Bj28.20276

Modem Version: S:i910.10 V.Bj18

H/W Version: H:i910.10 V.Q

PRL Version: P:51495 E:00004

Bluetooth MAC: 002491a04bb0

WLAN MAC: 0021e81c0331

WDC: 2:37PM, Jul 15, 2009

I am trying to go to a new ROM because verizon screws everything up, and never fixes there stuff. My question is what is the best ROM for my phone and also I was trying to use certain programs that I just bought. Those programs are as follows:

SPB Finance

SPB Wallet

SPB Mobile Shell

Audio Note

Would some one that uses these programs able to let me know if a new ROM still works with those and also, Verify that Audio Note works properly in the new ROM. Currently it only records the end coming into my phone and not what I say (what I say is very faint to the point where there having a conversation with thereself.

I would also like some one that knows what there doing to contact me on skype or other simaler chat like xfire on how to do the whole new ROM thing. And also some one that knows how to fix the whole GPS thing.

The verizon version is the i910, not the i900. Whoever told you that it was i900 deserves a facepalm.

I reccommend Bgill's rom. You'll have to install your SPB apps afterwords (or use XDA_UC in his one rom to auto install) but the rom is just absolutely excellent

Guest AaronsDarts
The verizon version is the i910, not the i900. Whoever told you that it was i900 deserves a facepalm.

I reccommend Bgill's rom. You'll have to install your SPB apps afterwords (or use XDA_UC in his one rom to auto install) but the rom is just absolutely excellent

Ehh I just took back mobile shell and wallet and kept the finance program and using techmasters crimson flame one its beautiful.

Guest superman26

super noob here, just got my omnia...i am going to uptade to CFO3..have few questions - if i follow the http://www.samsung.com/us/i910/softwareupdate/ guide for vista..will everything go well? Also, what is the first cooked rom that i should try? and is there a guide to flashing without messing up? I am sorry to ask these silly questions, just want everything to go well!

Edited by superman26

Guest richk815

I have a 64 bit system. Is there a way to flash my phone with the new release from verizon then a cooked rom on my 64 bit Vista system? Untill now I have been using a friends xp system, but that is a pain and I would rather do this stuff at home. Can anyone please help?

Guest necosino
I have a 64 bit system. Is there a way to flash my phone with the new release from verizon then a cooked rom on my 64 bit Vista system? Untill now I have been using a friends xp system, but that is a pain and I would rather do this stuff at home. Can anyone please help?

Use Method 2 in the first post :D

OK, I've searched everywhere and haven't seen this specific question answered... so I hope it hasn't been asked to death already. I'd like to install the CF03 update on my Omnia i910, but I rely on the WMWIFIRouter program a LOT when I'm out in the field. I don't use it often, but when I need it, I REALLY need it. The last time I updated one of my phones (a previous Samsung WM phone) the update broke my tethering ability. Will the CF03 and WMWIFIRouter live in peach with each other? I assume I'll have to reinstall WMWIFIRouter, but I'm hoping it'll be as easy the second time as it was the first.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Max.

Edited by Max_C

Yes, WMWifiRouter still works just fine.

Awesome, thanks. Now my problem is getting the blasted update downloaded. It keeps failing. The most I've gotten is 26% and then it just stops. Are others having that problem? I'm using the Samsung web site and trying to download the Vista version of the update. Maybe I'll just wait 'til tomorrow and try again.

Max.

Oh... well THAT'S easy. Many thanks.

Whoa! Spoke too soon. The advertisers on Sharebee and their affiliates are LOADED with viruses and silent adware installers. Thank goodness I have my PC set up so that they can't auto install themselves... otherwise I'd have an entirely different problem on my hands right now. Proceed with caution, people.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yiannisthegreek

Hi all...

I have an Omnia i910 from Bell Mobility in Canada and am wanting to update my rom so I can get rid of all of the pre-installed "CRAP" that came with my phone but up here in Canada (at least with Bell) there are no and have not been any "official updates" and I am wondering if I can use one of these Verizion updates for my phone?

I realize that Verizon is in the US and I appologize if my question is stupid but I REALLY HATE some of the stuff that is pre-loaded on my phone and I cannot remove it without flashing as it is cooked into the rom itself.

Please let me know if I can do this and if there are any fellow Canadians in here that have the same problem but may have come up with a solution please LET ME KNOW!!!

Thanks...

Guest necosino

Nope. Your phone will work, but you won't be able to make calls/sms/data. You'll just have to sit tight until an official ROM comes out for you, then that can be used to cook with.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jeff Clark

I had flashed my Omnia i910 with the cc20 ROM and used it happily for several months. Tried to update to the CF03 ROM using first the VZW utility - which failed and then did the emergency flash which also failed. Phone could still be used. Then I tried the second method using UMDL and the downloaded CF03.img file. This failed with a "PDA-Checksum" on the eboot load. Once I tried it, phone was bricked. UMDL still senses the Omnia so I tried to reload the CC20 ROM, but also got a PDA-Checksum error on eboot load for that .img file (i910wm6.1.rev10.cc20.vzw.img) as well. Phone is still bricked. Since I can get the UMDL to still detect the phone - do I have a chance of flashing it to working level again? What causes the PDA-Checksum error?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Hoping one of you can help me save this brick.....er.....phone.

Guest necosino

I've actually never seen the Checksum error (and I've walked alot of people through flashes). I'd try another computer, or if you have another OS (like XP) installed, boot into that and try it again. always worth a shot, especially if UMDL is still able to see the phone.

Guest Jeff Clark
I've actually never seen the Checksum error (and I've walked alot of people through flashes). I'd try another computer, or if you have another OS (like XP) installed, boot into that and try it again. always worth a shot, especially if UMDL is still able to see the phone.

I had tried this in both XP and Vista - same results. Anyone with any ideas on the "PDA-Checksum" error?