How to Flash your i900 Omnia phone

Guest sector

Guest kc_boss_816

With vista why do you need "Microsoft Windows XP CD or .ISO image and the serial key"????

How do i acquire one of those two???? :D

Guest uansari1

I'm in the same boat as some of the other newbs. I'm well-versed in flashing my old T-mo Dash... but I have a HP Vista laptop and do not have a Win XP iso. Any way around this so that I can flash to a 6.5 ROM? Also, what's the most advisable SPL to use with the i900? I have a Celcom Malaysia Omnia.

Thanks...

Guest simma
Hey guys... I'm having a very frustrating problem with VMWare. This is that no mattter what, it won't detect the phone when I connect it.

I have disabled Mobile Centre in Vista, I have active sync 4.5 and installed the modem drivers but whenever I plug my phone it, it just makes the "vista usb noise" and XP won't detect it, not even if I try to force a connection from ActiveSync...

I've tryied different versions of VMWare and different windows versions and NOTHING. I have run out of ideas and was wondering whether any of you have come accross this problem before and know of any possible solutions?

Thank you very much in advance!

haha dude I had this same problem. on the xp VM, go to 'Edit Settings' and make sure there is a USB controller there...other wise your VM won't support any usb device!

Edited by simma

Guest nxtvctm

I am getting stuck with this message - PDA device not found, timeout error.

How do I fix this?

I am running virtual xp on windows 7.

Ph: i900XXHJ1

PDA: i900DTHJ9

do i have the latest update?

Thank you, sector.

Thats brilliant.

I'm actually flashing my Omnia MSHJ1 to DXIA5 and I don't see any progress, it looks like first file downloading has stopped 16%

I can see it on the screen and it is not moving from 16%

Should I keep waiting? What can I do

I'm using WMware virtual XP image

Please any help is appreciated

I am reading and trying for weeks now. I read almost every topic and every forum about upgrading my ROM (Brandend Vodafone) from my Omnia i900(v).

It is already discussed that the code to get ride of the incorrect software version is not working. I did managed to get to the preconfiguration but I could not choose for Singapore (I think the countries named in the list are just the Vodafone networks in these countries). I thought I choose for New Sealand and it looked promising but after some hard resets etc etc I still couldn't go further with the updater.

I tried to install the Samsung modem and it told me the installation was succesfull but Nothing happens when I connect my Omnia (reset or not..I even tried Hard reset). I can't see a screen from the modem and in my Desktop PC (configuration) I can't see a modem or something linked to the Samsung Modem. I am using Windows XP and not Vista with the VMware.

Yes I shut down all the firewalls and I tried to shut down the virus program.

This is my Omnia:

PDA version: i900XKHG5/ARHG5

Phone version: i900BUHG5

Nothing on it anymore after a couple of hard resets..

Tried the hex editor also..

I don't think it is a (bad) phone..I think its just me but I am lost right now.. Hope you guys can push me in the right direction.

I really want to update the ROM because of some bad habits in this version like unstability, gps fix, Only in Dutch right now (I have 2 Omnia's identically) And my girlfriend want to have the English and above all I want to get ride of the Vodafone crap.

Hope you can help me...

Thanks already.

Edited by PZIJ

I wish there could be a way to flash the i900 via MicroSD :D

I sent my Omnia to spain since June to see if samsung can repair it. I'm praying... ;)

Guest rafi300

Hi! I'm a TOTAL newbie to Windows and all this flashing thing. I've been a Symbian user most of my tech life, and been hacking and flashing firmwares on it, but Windows and Omnia is totally new for me. Now to start off, I need some help in two subjects.

1. I have a Vodafone Samsung Omnia i900V with the following version fw PDA: i900XXHHD/ACHH3 Phone: i900NSPR0

Now my question is what type of firmware this is. Its currently unlocked as I'm using the phone in India, If i flash it with say Windows 6.5 directly would it get locked again?

2. If i upgrade to Windows 6.5 via the cooked roms, can I downgrade back to another cooked rom of Windows 6.1 using the same procedure? Need some help and guidance before i start playing around. Would highly appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!

Guest 123450

Hi!

Yesterday i tried to flash my omnia with xray man's dxia5 rom. I followed steps provided in this topic and still i got this error during the flashing:

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 6164480

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (22)

Port Create retry (21)

Port Create retry (20)

Port Create retry (19)

Port Create retry (18)

Port Create retry (17)

Port Create retry (16)

Port Create retry (15)

Port Create retry (14)

Port Create retry (13)

Port Create retry (12)

Port Create retry (11)

Port Create retry (10)

Port Create retry (9)

Port Create retry (8)

Port Create retry (7)

Port Create retry (6)

Port Create retry (5)

Port Create retry (4)

Port Create retry (3)

Port Create retry (2)

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

I definetly had samsung modem driver installed, all virus programs programs and firewall turned off and i still got this error. I tried to reinstall modem driver but it didn't help so i had to unplug my phone :) . So i tried to turn it on and at first i thought i bricked it. It was stucked in a screen with phone and exclamation icon. So after ten minutes of swearing my phone restarted and the rom was updated. So even though flashing wasn't done yet my phone works completly normal now. There is only one slight problem left. When i turn my phone on that screen with that icon still appears for about 5 seconds and than phone starts normally. Is there any way besides reflashing to fix that? Because everything else works fine. Oh and my storage wasn't formated during flashing. Should i format it now.

Thank you!

Edited by 123450

Guest 123450

Nevermind I reflashed without any errors. I forgot to reboot my computer after installing modem in my 1st try :) . So i just want to say thanks to this forum because i wouldn't learn to flash without it ;) .

Guest emil_h_

ok, my problem is, that i flashed my omnia,

the rom says:"job done!"

i wait until the phone reboots,

then i try to align the screen,

and it never ends.

i touch the crosses, but it does not stop.

i'm now afraid that i'll have toreplace the screen,

wich i do not like.

however, i'm waitin for anybody,

to tell me, what's wrong.

thx in advance.

Guest snudel

I am also trying to flash my omnia and it's not really working:

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download! 

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

and it remains at 0%

whats wrong there?

Guest pingvin156
I am also trying to flash my omnia and it's not really working:

PDA Device Found!

PDA Device ready to download! 

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

and it remains at 0%

whats wrong there?

I have the same problem with flashing.After disconnect phone in the middle of process and restart phone works normaly.

What I doing wrong????

PS. I did not install Modem driver for XP yet.

Version:

Samsung Omnia i908

PDA: i908ZHHH2

PHONE: i908BOHK1

Edited by pingvin156

Guest Frazer

Great stuff.

I want to be able to backup and restore my current rom so I can go back if I want to. Anyone have a guide on backing up of firmware and restoring it.

Thanks

Guest pepech
Great stuff.

I want to be able to backup and restore my current rom so I can go back if I want to. Anyone have a guide on backing up of firmware and restoring it.

Thanks

It is possible to do a back up with your stock rom , ; therefore , nobody , as far I know , knows how to flash it back to the phone

Guest Frazer

How do you flash back to the old rom if you don't like the new one? Or doe anyone now where the default rom is for the omnia.

Thanks again.

Guest Amtrak23
How do you flash back to the old rom if you don't like the new one? Or doe anyone now where the default rom is for the omnia.

Thanks again.

+1. I got the official Vzw (CF03) rom flashed, but am now looking at playing with some 6.5 roms. What is the best way to re-flash CF03, or revert back to an uncooked rom? I guess I can always run the CF03 again, but that seems more brick friendly as its not just flashing the phone section like the cooked stuff correct?

Guest heals1ic

Does anyone recognise this message on the screen of the omnia? This is all I get now after trying to detect my phone with GrandPrix.

omnia-pc.jpg

The phone does not even start now.

Guest heals1ic

All I get out of the phone now is -

- Power button turns on the phone but will not turn the phone off and does not light up when connected to pc however it will charge off mains supply adapter with a big charging icon in the middle of the screen.

- phone does not progress past this screen

- reset can only be done by poking the reset button and turning off is only with battery removal

- after reset and turn on (after removing battery) vista detects device but then 10 seconds later removes it showing device properties below initially it states the device is connected beofre reporting this device status.

samsung1.jpg

- therefore I cannot reflash as none of the flash tools can see the phone.

Any other way out of this?