Installing the PayPal app in the UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul
paypalandroidedited.png
PayPal have recently released an application for Android, yet they have bizarrely only released it in the US... preventing UK users from using it. Now, theoretically it is possible to ask a US residing friend to provide you with a copy of the APK... but this means the application won't appear in your 'My Downloads' list in the market, and therefore you won't automatically get updates etc.

There is a better way!

An application by the name of 'Market Enabler' is the answer. This application is designed to let people from countries that don't have the ability to purchase apps do so - it effectively makes your device think it's in the US, giving you access to the US market. By installing this, switching region, installing PayPal, switching region back and then uninstalling Market Enabler (if you desire), you end up with the PayPal app on your device and in your 'My Downloads' (as shown in this screenshot).

The downside? You need a rooted device... which means for the moment this will only work for G1 owners and not Magic owners... :)

Market Enabler can be downloaded here: http://tinyurl.com/marketenabler

Enjoy! <_<

P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest scoopo16
For those without root access, unzip and copy this APK to your SD and click from a File Explorer to install (or use ADB: 'com.paypal.android.p2p.apk').

P

can someone please upload the most recent verison of the paypal apk (2.0) its aparrently alot better

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bluh5d

The reason you havent seen someone post the latest paypal version is because it is a private app and the conventional method people get the apk file sucked out doesnt work. But with that being said I stumbled upon this post and decided to take on the feat so here it is :huh: You can now have the paypal 2.0 apk ;) Enjoy !!!

can someone please upload the most recent verison of the paypal apk (2.0) its aparrently alot better

com.paypal.android.p2pmobile_1.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.