Free Prepay USB 3G dongle from 3

Guest deadphill

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Could someone send me the upgrade instructions, the link in the article just takes me through to a Globe.com homepage.

@Paul, are you saying that you just plug the modem in with the update firmware and it installs the 3Connect software on OSX? How do you get the T-Mobile settings entered?

Instructions attached...

M.S

Operation_Instruction_for_GLOBE_MF626_Modem_upgrade_software.pdf

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest Shuflie
Instructions attached...

M.S

Thanks for that, I'd already went ahead and run the update, which is just as well as I probably would have been confused by the patching instructions given <_<

Also managed to answer my other question to Paul, found the settings dialogue to add different APNs to the 3connect software, I'm just very surprised its there. Also found that after flashing the Dongle the 3 Connect software is no longer installed when you put it into a new Mac, but the Globe software dialler does the job just as well and has MAC drivers too, I haven't tested it on a PC yet but I imagine that there will be a Globe dialler for windows too.

Does anyone know if the t-mobile connect software that comes with their Hewuai USB dongle modem works for ZTE modems too? Its just that I'm thinking of giving the dongle to my sister in law, and would prefer it to be as painless an installation process as possible. Would really simplify things if she could just run the t-mobile connection software and not have to enter any settings to get it working.

Does anyone know if the t-mobile connect software that comes with their Hewuai USB dongle modem works for ZTE modems too? Its just that I'm thinking of giving the dongle to my sister in law, and would prefer it to be as painless an installation process as possible. Would really simplify things if she could just run the t-mobile connection software and not have to enter any settings to get it working.

I think they are more operator specific than manufacturer eg Voda Connect dashboard will run all the various vodafone 3g products.

From memory, when the 3 ZTE stick is inserted into a mac it installs a Huawei dash as well or at least it idents as that.

A friend had the 3 software off a Huawei dongle installed on an XP machine and it recognised the ZTE dongle, but that was a locked 3 dongle.

Try it and let us know!

M.S

Guest Shuflie
I think they are more operator specific than manufacturer eg Voda Connect dashboard will run all the various vodafone 3g products.

From memory, when the 3 ZTE stick is inserted into a mac it installs a Huawei dash as well or at least it idents as that.

A friend had the 3 software off a Huawei dongle installed on an XP machine and it recognised the ZTE dongle, but that was a locked 3 dongle.

Try it and let us know!

M.S

Will do, but it will be a while before I can report back again, sister in law lives over in Manchester and won't be back for another week or so.

Guest fatbutcher

Hi guys,

Forgive my ignorance if already pointed out, but I couldn't find any mention, but how is this £5/month internet different to the one thats on the My3 add on page?

I can't find any info what different between them, this special link and the broardband ones (apart from the obvious stated allowence)

post-128953-1244491647_thumb.jpg

Guest Shuflie
Hi guys,

Forgive my ignorance if already pointed out, but I couldn't find any mention, but how is this £5/month internet different to the one thats on the My3 add on page?

I can't find any info what different between them, this special link and the broardband ones (apart from the obvious stated allowence)

post-128953-1244491647_thumb.jpg

With the SIMs supplied with the USB dongles there is no other options on my3 other than the mobile broadband or SMS packs, but the mobile internet pack works with them if you follow the link.

Guest fatbutcher
With the SIMs supplied with the USB dongles there is no other options on my3 other than the mobile broadband or SMS packs, but the mobile internet pack works with them if you follow the link.

Ah ha! I just have a standard USIM or something, didn't buy this dongle.

So as its showing on my3 page, should be the same deal then?

For those interested, I got an O2 USB modem, E160. Buy it via quidco for £25, add £15 topup to qualify for the £40 cashback, total=£5 with one months O2 internet access. It also came unlocked as a bonus!

Guest pete_thomson

I've tried, but I don't seem to be getting any emails from them with the code.

I've tried to "remind me of my password" option to see if that comes through and nowt....... and yes my email address IS correct :-D

I've tried, but I don't seem to be getting any emails from them with the code.

I've tried to "remind me of my password" option to see if that comes through and nowt....... and yes my email address IS correct :-D

The code is the same for everyone. IIRC it's something like AK112BF or similar - I'll check and let you know this evening.

M.S

Guest pete_thomson
The code is the same for everyone. IIRC it's something like AK112BF or similar - I'll check and let you know this evening.

M.S

Excellent - did you have any luck finding it? I tried AK112BF on the off chance and no go :D

Excellent - did you have any luck finding it? I tried AK112BF on the off chance and no go :D

AK12BBF

Close!

M.S

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mejoppa

has anybody else had a problem of the £5 link being cancelled on them half way through the month? I should have had 2 weeks left but after logging on after the weekend found that my unlimited usage has been changed to pay as you go.

Guest shadamehr
has anybody else had a problem of the £5 link being cancelled on them half way through the month? I should have had 2 weeks left but after logging on after the weekend found that my unlimited usage has been changed to pay as you go.

Not yet seen this, but I am popping up with a similar query of my own today, so, aimed at the very knowledgeable, but also no doubt very busy Paul,

Paul, have you seen any symptoms, as per mejoppa's above?

As why I am posting, is because I now see some new things in "My3" as listed below.

I now see a new "Free Internet Allowance" section which I can't recall being there before. So whilst I still see the "Unlimited Internet" bit at the top first, there is this NEW bit with a LIMITED MB of 150MB now listed below.

So I am curious as to which might get used...

Additionally, I now see "600 Free Texts" listed too, which I don't recall, which I assume would be texts via the Connection Manager, not for real if the SIM were used in a phone?

In any event, the real reason for my post, is the bit highlighted in the image attached, with a Question Mark by me.

Does anyone think it is anything to be concerned about - do you think 3 have cottoned on to this. Cos if so, this would STILL constitute a change in terms and conditions, if they stop something we have been getting, IF we reasonably believed it was something we were getting legitimately, irrespective of the terms and conditions in print.

Anyone else had any other issues, or think the image below shows any worrying bits..?

post-21885-1247482521_thumb.jpg

I haven't had a problem with the internet service being cancelled, and i've not heard of it before either? If this happens to you - phone 3 and ask why!

With regards to that '150MB' section, I strongly suspect that's the '150MB' that you get for free when you do a topup and therefore becomes irrelevant if you have added an internet bundle.

Deets on the PAYG tariff including the 150MB allowance and texts: http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Top_ups_the_free_stuff

P

Guest shadamehr
I haven't had a problem with the internet service being cancelled, and i've not heard of it before either? If this happens to you - phone 3 and ask why!

With regards to that '150MB' section, I strongly suspect that's the '150MB' that you get for free when you do a topup and therefore becomes irrelevant if you have added an internet bundle.

Deets on the PAYG tariff including the 150MB allowance and texts: http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Top_ups_the_free_stuff

P

Thanks Paul - thought the 150MB may be something like that - to be fair, this is only the second time I have topped up, with the holiday season now approaching.

So thanks for that - if I have any issues at all for real, I will report back here what I did to try and resolve them with 3 etc.

Cheers again for such a great find mate - and such a fast response.