Phone will not power on after Flashing to Wozzer's Stock ROM - Bricked??

Guest Manute2001

Guest necosino
I have a friend who who also tried to flash his Omnia. But it looks like he may have bricked it. I asked him if I could take a look at it and see if I could fix it since I had flashed my own omnia with no problems.

Right now it won't turn on. If you hold the power button down the red light on the power button will come on and stay on but it won't start up. Also, if you leave it with the red light on, the antennae portion of the phone heats up like it's doing something.

Is there any way to wake it up from a state like this?

Nope, your friend now has a very fancy paperweight :)

You can try this:

Take the battery out for a good hour or so. Then replace it. Push the soft reset button (the hole next to the power button) and hold it for 15-30 seconds and release. If the phone turns on, great! If it doesn't, try it again a few times. If nothing happens, it's bricked. Say it got real hot in your pocket and when you noticed, the screen was off and wouldn't turn back on. They'll get you a new one <_<

Guest Manute2001

So I got the new phone and had the courage to finally flash to the CC20 ROM this evening. Appears to have worked fine. One issue, after the flash completed and the phone reset, I got a notification bubble on my PC stating "This USB hi-speed device will run faster if you connect it to a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port. Click here to see available hi-speed USB ports." So I clicked, and it seems to show all my USB ports are 2.0.

I have an HP Pavilion dv2910... all 3 USB ports are supposed to be 2.0. I wonder if that was just a random message because of the phone reset, or if something is off with my USB port. Maybe this is what caused the brick when I tried to flash Wozzer's ROM last time. Who knows... I'll be sticking with the CC20 for a few days... at least until I work up the courage to try another flash.

post-466484-1243918602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Manute2001

Guest WoZZeR999

That's weird. I've flashed on both USB 1.1 and 2.0 USB ports, and I've flashed Many, Many (,Many) bad roms, and none have bricked me. Did you change any of the options on UMDL? Did you try to re-flash the eboot partition?

Guest Manute2001
That's weird. I've flashed on both USB 1.1 and 2.0 USB ports, and I've flashed Many, Many (,Many) bad roms, and none have bricked me. Did you change any of the options on UMDL? Did you try to re-flash the eboot partition?

I didn't change any of the options on the UMDL. I followed the instructions, so I'm pretty sure I was only re-flashing the PDA portion.

CC20 ROM is working great. Its only a matter of time before I give yours another shot.