HTC IME on the Sapphire

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Webreaper

Okay, so I got this installed.... but how do I turn it on? It's showing as having the Touch Input available in the settings/input screen, but I'm still getting the old keyboard.

I think the problem is because I've not pushed the lib file to /sys/lib. Is there any way to do this from the phone? I don't have ADB set up (yet) and can't do it at work...

Edited by Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

Aha. Okay, got this working. Seems you just need to run the APK, enable the Touch input (Settings, Locale & Text, check the 'Touch Input' checkbox) and the step I was missing is that you need to press-hold any text input field and select 'Input Method' and 'Touch Input'.

I haven't copied the lib file to /system/lib - but it all seems to work. Anyone know what the lib file does? Is it necessary?

Guest Webreaper

Hmm. I've reverted to the native keyboard.

I like the HTC one, but a couple of things made it annoying. The fact that there's no slick way to enter a word that's not in the dictionary without it being added is annoying; I prefer the press-hold way of manually adding words. But what annoys me most is that the word suggestions appear over the top of what you're typing - it's intrusive and means that sometimes I lose track of where I've got to. And lastly I can thumb type faster in portrait mode with the Android one, not sure why. Couldn't get on with either of the portrait HTC modes, particularly the compact qwerty.