SkypeOUT

Guest mh505

Guest mh505

Is there a true alternative out there for SkypeOUT (PC-to-Phone; or in this case, Smartphone-to-Phone) smile.gif

Just realized that for some time now Skype is charging a connection fee of about € 0.04 for every call, so most calls below 3 minutes are doubled in cost

So far, I havetested 3 options:

1) Gizmo5

feasible, but not competitive in their rates (e.g. SMS in areas more than twcie the Skype rates

2) barablu

excellent offer; much lower rates than Skype. However, their mobile VOIP does not work too well (network very often busy)

3) Vopium

seemingly the most functional of the three. Again, they are not competitive rate-wise

Would appreciate if you could share some of your experiences

MH

~~~~~

HTC S740

WM 6.1

• 1 month later...
Is there a true alternative out there for SkypeOUT (PC-to-Phone; or in this case, Smartphone-to-Phone) smile.gif

Just realized that for some time now Skype is charging a connection fee of about € 0.04 for every call, so most calls below 3 minutes are doubled in cost

So far, I havetested 3 options:

1) Gizmo5

feasible, but not competitive in their rates (e.g. SMS in areas more than twcie the Skype rates

2) barablu

excellent offer; much lower rates than Skype. However, their mobile VOIP does not work too well (network very often busy)

3) Vopium

seemingly the most functional of the three. Again, they are not competitive rate-wise

Would appreciate if you could share some of your experiences

MH

~~~~~

HTC S740

WM 6.1

Really depends on your location. Are you in U.K.? I'm using Onesuite VoIP service and rates are competitive in the US. You can also use your Onesuite account as a prepaid phone card service. You can use Fring to use it on your mobile phone.

Guest CybaCowboy

Not sure what software you're using, but the official Skype client (freely available from the Skype Web site) is what I'm using and it only connects via data...

You even get a choice of using a local data connection (CSD, HSCSD, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA/HSUPA, etc...), or an external data connection (Wi-Fi or Microsoft ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center)!