Is this a Taril DXID1 ROM?

Guest isaiahfortythirtyone

Hi all, i've been on these forums browsing for a while using Taril's ROMs in the past. however, i never really posted so this is my first post.

Anyway, i've been looking for Taril's ROMs after he disappeared. i recently just did a random google search and i came up with this link: http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2009/02/cu...2-update-1.html

It's actually a link to DXIA2. BUT, when you click "download", it shows that the file download is actually a DXID1 file! So i downloaded it and flashed my Omnia. It looks exactly like how i remember Taril's installation process to be. same logo, same screen. I'm running it now and it says DXID1 for both phone and PDA.

would anyone know if this is a Taril DXID1 release?

Guest Nosferatu™
Hi all, i've been on these forums browsing for a while using Taril's ROMs in the past. however, i never really posted so this is my first post.

Anyway, i've been looking for Taril's ROMs after he disappeared. i recently just did a random google search and i came up with this link: http://www.pspmyspace.com/omnia/2009/02/cu...2-update-1.html

It's actually a link to DXIA2. BUT, when you click "download", it shows that the file download is actually a DXID1 file! So i downloaded it and flashed my Omnia. It looks exactly like how i remember Taril's installation process to be. same logo, same screen. I'm running it now and it says DXID1 for both phone and PDA.

Nice find man! Hope anyone can confirm this... Taril is still making ROMs then, if confirmed. Used to like his cooked ROM way back, till his last release. Heard he had an iPhone instead so that's why he quit the omnia community. Anyhow... hope he's doin great wherever he is... :D

Nice find man! Hope anyone can confirm this... Taril is still making ROMs then, if confirmed. Used to like his cooked ROM way back, till his last release. Heard he had an iPhone instead so that's why he quit the omnia community. Anyhow... hope he's doin great wherever he is... :D

yupyup! hope he's still at it. been using it for a day now. like it so far. fast, responsive. but seems to conflict with S2U2 2.01 in that the phone will go to sleep and fail to wake up :/

If you like Taril's ROM then there's no need to stop using it.

Changes between DXIA2, DXIA5 and DXID1 are so minor that they are unnoticable by normal user.

Guest Geronymous

This looks indeed like a DXID1 from Taril, my hero! I upgraded this evening (from Taril's DXIA2, which was great), and it looks very similiar but has some slight changes, and indeed 89 or 90 MB of free storage mem while keeping all the Samsung Apps and having the same Taril added to his previous ROMs (like the Advanced Configurator, fring, ClearTemp, etc.).

So it looks like it is coming from the master himself but he did not want to give too much publicity to it... in any case, thanks a lot to isaiah for the great discovery and of course to Taril! :D

Guest meabigbaldguy

Have any of you noticed that in this download page there are links to Taril's Modaco page for install instructions.

Why would would any other chef else paste their own IDI update to Taril's topic in another forum?

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest nkapitein

I tried this rom and I wouldn't recommend it , because:

- Low storage and program memory space

- Slow

- A lot of crap

- Win 6.1

Guest gianton
thanks buddy, have u tried?

If you want the stock Omnia ROM then this is your best bet.

EDIT: s0cks has released a stock custom ROM as well here.

Edited by gianton

Guest Geronymous
I tried this rom and I wouldn't recommend it , because:

- Low storage and program memory space

- Slow

- A lot of crap

- Win 6.1

Sorry, but this is plain BS... as previous poster said, if you are looking for an optimized ROM that contains all the original Samsung apps (which I like) and some more, Taril's ROMs are by far the best, as they free up A LOT of storage and memory space. And it is VERY fast I have to say.

If you prefer a clean ROM and have your phone empty, or spend a lot of time (and money?) installing third party apps, stay away from Taril's ROMs and choose another one from the other famous chefs!

Only issue I have noticed so far with this ROM (that previous versions did not have) is that it screwed up the Backlight settings. I found a workaround, but still... note: could be that the bug is caused by another program I have installed, and not the ROM, but I don't want to do another hard-reset right now...

Maybe someone can check, immediately after having installed this DXID1 ROM (and a registry editor), what the value is for the DWORD LockLevel present in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight\LockLevel? I had to change it from 4 (or 1) to 0 to have the Backlight settings I set working, otherwise Backlight settings always default to 7 seconds.

Thanks!

Edited by Geronymous

Guest Geronymous

This is interesting... looking at the s0cks ROM, it looks very much like one on the link above (supposedly from Taril)... same concept, same Apps, and I see something in Portuguese (in the button mappings), which I never saw in Taril's. s0cks speaks Portuguese, while Taril does not as far as I know.

So I am starting to think that somehow the ROM posted above is in fact a ROM from s0cks... will post and ask s0cks...

Guest Lancez

[/quot]

i just want the phone part of this ROM......seems a better bet

Guest s0cks
This is interesting... looking at the s0cks ROM, it looks very much like one on the link above (supposedly from Taril)... same concept, same Apps, and I see something in Portuguese (in the button mappings), which I never saw in Taril's. s0cks speaks Portuguese, while Taril does not as far as I know.

So I am starting to think that somehow the ROM posted above is in fact a ROM from s0cks... will post and ask s0cks...

My ROM doesn't have the SAME apps of TARIL's ROM...

There is some differences...

And I think that TARIL stop in DXIA2...

Mine is DXID1...

But, my ROM has this issue with a button in portuguese (I will correct it in the next release)...

Guest tibor22
My ROM doesn't have the SAME apps of TARIL's ROM...

There is some differences...

And I think that TARIL stop in DXIA2...

Mine is DXID1...

But, my ROM has this issue with a button in portuguese (I will correct it in the next release)...

Taril made DXIA5, then DXID1 too. But he hasn't published them here. Many Hungarian users still happily run Taril's DXID1!

Guest meabigbaldguy
Taril made DXIA5, then DXID1 too. But he hasn't published them here. Many Hungarian users still happily run Taril's DXID1!

Taril did post DXIA5 here, but that's where he stopped... here at least.