Linux on Samsung Omnia

Guest fladna9

Guest fladna9
great! it would be nice if you make the alpha stage of debian/X11/lxde/etc. public. But I think that wifi should work soon, becuase it isn't so great to run it under VirtualBox and after configuring new parts copying the rootfs to the sdcard and testing the new things if they work on omnia too or not... so if you can make a ssh connection to the phone you can install new parts and testing them right now. :angry:

i mean re-calibrate it! ;) sorry for my expression... i don't want to reinstall the whole omnibuntu another time. so it would be nice, if there is a file where the vectors are being stored that I can delete, or a command that open the calibration tool! :D hopefully you understand me now ;)

Don't delete anything, launch "ts_calibrate" to re-calibrate screen. (the five cross game ^^)

I'm using Qemu on emdebian with versatile arm kernel/initrd to add packages (like Lxde, ts-lib,wpa_supplicant, bluetooth, on screen keyboard, etc...). If it works, of course, I'll release it.

Guest dragracekid
Don't delete anything, launch "ts_calibrate" to re-calibrate screen. (the five cross game ^^)

I'm using Qemu on emdebian with versatile arm kernel/initrd to add packages (like Lxde, ts-lib,wpa_supplicant, bluetooth, on screen keyboard, etc...). If it works, of course, I'll release it.

what is the possibility that you or someone could set up backtrack for the omnia its a debian based pentesting distro if you dont already know.

Guest muhlba91

thx, it would be great! :D

Guest X-Ray A4T

I was wondering if we could get onboardto work.It is standard on Ubuntu as part of Python 2.6:

post-267068-1250531285_thumb.png

Also should we be looking at netbook remix or MID versions as the screen is too small for normal gnome layout?

Guest fladna9
I was wondering if we could get onboardto work.It is standard on Ubuntu as part of Python 2.6:

post-267068-1250531285_thumb.png

Also should we be looking at netbook remix or MID versions as the screen is too small for normal gnome layout?

Hi X-Ray A4T !

I've currently installed on emdebien xvkbd : http://homepage3.nifty.com/tsato/xvkbd/xvkbd-french.gif (here in azerty but has qwerty version too)

Guest fladna9
amazing!!!

Hello everybody !

Thanks for your messages !

I'm already working on emdebian... Installing packages (I got many of them, like LXDE, GDM for login (with virtual keyboard ? I hope it will work), touch screen libraries, and many more !)

Once i got it to work, I post it here !

By the way : my site is down because ... ... i got no traffic left on it ! Too many visitors ^^ 'll be up within two or three days. Sorry 'bout that. The ultimate download platform is http://linuxomnia.sourceforge.net/ . I'll notice you when it will be up, of course.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest r1c4rd0

hey guys any news about omnibuntu or omnibian project ???

omnibuntu works well but no virtualkey and no wireless drivers...

i really would like that project goes haead

sorry my english, i´m portuguese

thanks

Guest fladna9
hey guys any news about omnibuntu or omnibian project ???

omnibuntu works well but no virtualkey and no wireless drivers...

i really would like that project goes haead

sorry my english, i´m portuguese

thanks

Hi guy !

As I said on my blog ( http://blog.fladnag.net/ ), i'm alone on this project, and i've got to work at school (damn thing xD). I also have a CRPS (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) at the right ankle, what takes me also times.

So.... i'm working. As fast as I can.

Maybe soon a OPIE release. To try it.

By the way, because of the slowdown of the Andromnia project, the kernel which contains drivers is NOT updated. This cause things that don't work, like touchscreen, audio, bluetooth, wifi, gps, gsm, etc...

So, i'm progressing, but slowly. :D

Thanks for your interest.

fladnaG

Guest sahalan
Hi guy !

As I said on my blog ( http://blog.fladnag.net/ ), i'm alone on this project, and i've got to work at school (damn thing xD). I also have a CRPS (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) at the right ankle, what takes me also times.

By the way, because of the slowdown of the Andromnia project, the kernel which contains drivers is NOT updated. This cause things that don't work, like touchscreen, audio, bluetooth, wifi, gps, gsm, etc...

fladnaG

Wish I could help you but i'm a user not a programmer. So I wish you best of luck and maybe more will learn about your project and give a hand.

Guest r1c4rd0
Hi guy !

fladnaG

hey men i really apreciate you...

and your project is one of most impressive i´ve seen.

thanks a lot

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SySteMod

Hi nice work,

Im trying to get it working on my omnia 2, i have prepared my sd card so far so good. When i install the cab it gives me an error that it is not compatible, i ignored it just to try seems to work. I open haret and i can see default.txt and a machine is found (i cant change anything because i cant get a keyboard but i assume that it is correct already) but when i press run i get the script very tiny so i cant read what it says and my phone freezes. There are 3 lines and thats it the phone freezes and i have to remove the battery. I hope u can help, i'd like to try it on my omnia 2.

• 1 month later...
Hi nice work,

Im trying to get it working on my omnia 2, i have prepared my sd card so far so good. When i install the cab it gives me an error that it is not compatible, i ignored it just to try seems to work. I open haret and i can see default.txt and a machine is found (i cant change anything because i cant get a keyboard but i assume that it is correct already) but when i press run i get the script very tiny so i cant read what it says and my phone freezes. There are 3 lines and thats it the phone freezes and i have to remove the battery. I hope u can help, i'd like to try it on my omnia 2.

you are just hilarious!

good god you have a great luck couse haret is smart enough to stop everything before if fries your All in one phone redefined hahaha

christ, your device has absolutely different hardware, only thing the same is windows mobile OS and name. not good, not good at all...

read before you do such things-OSs are delicate thing you know...

• 2 months later...
Guest mosci
i wold like to see ubuntuinto my i8000...

higher resolution will be better for that.

now you can ;-)

many thanks to fladna9 for that rootfs!

even if i can't make a call - otherwisde the phone will have never been used from me ... i got it from the company as present but for me it's just to big to put it in a pocket :P

now i can at least play arround and learn with it :huh:

Guest r1c4rd0
now you can ;-)

many thanks to fladna9 for that rootfs!

even if i can't make a call - otherwisde the phone will have never been used from me ... i got it from the company as present but for me it's just to big to put it in a pocket :P

now i can at least play arround and learn with it :huh:

thanks mate. and does it have screenkeyboard?

Guest mosci
thanks mate. and does it have screenkeyboard?

depends on the version of your rootfs .. i think you don't have the latest now

i have one with xvkbd (and not in landscape), but it's not working as well as i wish it should be ;-)

so i will first Matchbox-keyboard give a try ...

i will post a link later .... HERE!

because i was told to make a own thread - but this thread is quite right :P

Edited by mosci

Guest r1c4rd0
depends on the version of your rootfs .. i think you don't have the latest now

i have one with xvkbd (and not in landscape), but it's not working as well as i wish it should be ;-)

so i will first Matchbox-keyboard give a try ...

i will post a link later .... HERE!

because i was told to make a own thread - but this thread is quite right :P

would like to try it too...

i know we cant make calls in ubuntu, its ok, but it will be just perfect with a keyboard and wireless and sound drivers. will be a real computer.

htc touch pro 2 and other htc´s has ubuntu too, could we use sound and wireless drivers or other things from their roofts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=640785

i´m fan of your work, and i´m shure not the onlyone.

thanks

Guest mosci
would like to try it too...

i know we cant make calls in ubuntu, its ok, but it will be just perfect with a keyboard and wireless and sound drivers. will be a real computer.

thanks

some kernelsources/drivers would be usefull :P hopefuly almar gets them developed

i can't do this - so i / we have to wait and see ... early at night i will upload the

other rootfs to megaupload or similar ... now i'm at work ... so be patient :D

before i upload the rootfs with xvkbd i will try matchbox-keyboard - hopeing that this keyboard

works better - otherwise you will get the older one - but that xvkdb keyboard is pain in the a** at the moment :P

Guest r1c4rd0
some kernelsources/drivers would be usefull :P hopefuly almar gets them developed

i can't do this - so i / we have to wait and see ... early at night i will upload the

other rootfs to megaupload or similar ... now i'm at work ... so be patient :D

before i upload the rootfs with xvkbd i will try matchbox-keyboard - hopeing that this keyboard

works better - otherwise you will get the older one - but that xvkdb keyboard is pain in the a** at the moment :P

can i dowload software and instal it in omnibuntu?

Edited by r1c4rd0