WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest hartv427
I was so excited that I actually flashed the ROM yesterday--which is pretty incredible for a 50 something gal, but today noticed that the bluetooth wasn't working. Now the it's gone from the wireless manager and a message comes up that there is no bluetooth in the device. Does this mean that I have to do a hard reset? Any other ideas?

Bluetooh or Wifi ? this is ther first i have heard of a Bluetooth issue but if it's Wifi try this:

If Wifi is missing from Wireless Manager go to Start\Tools click on "Wlanloder" it will open a small window click unload wait for it to process then click Load. Go back to Wireless Manager and Wifi will be there

Bluetooh or Wifi ? this is ther first i have heard of a Bluetooth issue but if it's Wifi try this:

If Wifi is missing from Wireless Manager go to Start\Tools click on "Wlanloder" it will open a small window click unload wait for it to process then click Load. Go back to Wireless Manager and Wifi will be there

I did a hard reset and I can see the bluetooth again. But now the Wifi is gone! I don't see Tools on the start menu. Is it under something else?

Guest hartv427
I did a hard reset and I can see the bluetooth again. But now the Wifi is gone! I don't see Tools on the start menu. Is it under something else?

Go to start then tools and look for Wlanloder

Thanks Hart for a great ROM. I'm using your 7.1 ROM with M2D and everything seems to be working well so far.

The only problem I'm having that I didn't find addressed in this thread is related to Bluetooth FTP. I can enable Bluetooth and I can see my phone with my computers and vice versa. My bluetooth headphones work also. However when I try to send a file from my computer to the phone via bluetooth it tells me it can create the FTP connection. This is something I've done a hundred times prior to flashing to your ROM yesterday. I'm wondering if this is a change in 6.5 or just something that may have been deleted???

Most of the time it's easy enough to connect via USB, but it is convenient to use bluetooth for file transfer occasionally. Thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

EDIT:

I also just noticed that in the start menu, several icons of apps I just installed are now showing up as generic icons (i.e. the opera icon now gone, replaced with generic application icon). I also had noticed this on a previous 6.5 ROM from a different chef. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Edited by amprof

Guest hartv427
Thanks Hart for a great ROM. I'm using your 7.1 ROM with M2D and everything seems to be working well so far.

The only problem I'm having that I didn't find addressed in this thread is related to Bluetooth FTP. I can enable Bluetooth and I can see my phone with my computers and vice versa. My bluetooth headphones work also. However when I try to send a file from my computer to the phone via bluetooth it tells me it can create the FTP connection. This is something I've done a hundred times prior to flashing to your ROM yesterday. I'm wondering if this is a change in 6.5 or just something that may have been deleted???

Most of the time it's easy enough to connect via USB, but it is convenient to use bluetooth for file transfer occasionally. Thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Hmmm I'll look into this today

anyone else having gps issues?

its really just not working at all.

If i go into the gps viewer you have under the tools section it never finds anything, now if i go back into the phone settings for gsp and set it to 911 only, then again to location on, then use my hard mapped button to close and go back. Boom i get satelites.. but they never update from that point forward. if i drive or run around or change location the screen never changes. if i open another app it will not find any satelited (like google maps). then if i close and re-open the gps satelite viwer it will not find any, ever. i figured out every time i go back and switch to and from 911 only that i get them for a second or so. then they just stop..

any ideas?

Guest hartv427
anyone else having gps issues?

its really just not working at all.

If i go into the gps viewer you have under the tools section it never finds anything, now if i go back into the phone settings for gsp and set it to 911 only, then again to location on, then use my hard mapped button to close and go back. Boom i get satelites.. but they never update from that point forward. if i drive or run around or change location the screen never changes. if i open another app it will not find any satelited (like google maps). then if i close and re-open the gps satelite viwer it will not find any, ever. i figured out every time i go back and switch to and from 911 only that i get them for a second or so. then they just stop..

any ideas?

Go to phone settings select on location jut hit the end key wait about a minute and then soft reset once you have rebooted then open the phone pad to confirm that GPS is on you shoud be all set from there It should stay on

thanks, im doing that now. and i have to say i really dislike your startup sound lol. everytime i hear it, it makes me think something is wroung, it just reminds me of a erronous sound, like a "something is wrong" sound. g

freakin gets me every time! i look at the phone like Oh No!... oh, right, i just rebooted lol

Guest hartv427
thanks, im doing that now. and i have to say i really dislike your startup sound lol. everytime i hear it, it makes me think something is wroung, it just reminds me of a erronous sound, like a "something is wrong" sound. g

freakin gets me every time! i look at the phone like Oh No!... oh, right, i just rebooted lol

Well I'll see what I can do about that sound in the next Build. Also the first time you use GPS after flashing or hatd reset it may take several minutes

Well I'll see what I can do about that sound in the next Build. Also the first time you use GPS after flashing or hatd reset it may take several minutes

ok, i left it go for about 60 sec and still nothing. but ill try again and let it sit for a few and see if there is any luck, this would be the first attempt after the flash.

as for the sound, its your call, its you're rom heh. im just one guy with only my opinion. Just letting you know what i think.

thanks for the assistance!

Guest hartv427
ok, i left it go for about 60 sec and still nothing. but ill try again and let it sit for a few and see if there is any luck, this would be the first attempt after the flash.

as for the sound, its your call, its you're rom heh. im just one guy with only my opinion. Just letting you know what i think.

thanks for the assistance!

This could take 10 minuites to get a gps lock the first time

This could take 10 minuites to get a gps lock the first time

This works sometimes: Let GPS Viewer/Google Maps/GPSGate/HTC QuickGPS/etc. run for several (5-10 minutes). If it's the first time after a flash/hard reset, you may never see any satellite being recognized. Close out the programs, do a soft reset and, then, try your GPS programs. After my last flash, this is what I tried and GPS Viewer shoed 5-7 satellites almost immediately.

Good luck!

Guest krongsak

First of all thanks for the great Rom. Like other folks I have tried several roms and really find yours awesome.

GPS: I had similar problem as described above, I let my phone sit outside for 5 minutes and got a satellite lock. No problem after that.

Quick question regarding the chome and setting plugins. My understanding is that chome displays a row of icons under the clock with a count of voice mail, texts, mms, emails. And settings displays another rows of icons with system info and shortcuts.

I see both plugins/panel in the CHome editor, I have tried enabling/disabling/soft resetting them a few times to no avail.

What's the trick to get them to display?

Thanks

havnt checked the gps yet, stuck inside since last post.

so after my last soft reset (earlier today) all of my icons of application i installed via cabs are now just the stock white square blank icons. everything, netflix/facebook/google etc. all just white squares. i soft reset and they are still all just squares. its not a huge deal, as they all work fine, but i just wanted to post up the wierdness.

oh and FWIW, pandora is much more stable for some reason. on the pre cf03 firmware stock samsung rom it crashed out on my alot. i did have to use my mobiler to enter in my info, but after that it runs quite well.

post-550682-1251840095_thumb.jpg

Edited by ugzz

Guest hartv427
havnt checked the gps yet, stuck inside since last post.

so after my last soft reset (earlier today) all of my icons of application i installed via cabs are now just the stock white square blank icons. everything, netflix/facebook/google etc. all just white squares. i soft reset and they are still all just squares. its not a huge deal, as they all work fine, but i just wanted to post up the wierdness.

oh and FWIW, pandora is much more stable for some reason. on the pre cf03 firmware stock samsung rom it crashed out on my alot. i did have to use my mobiler to enter in my info, but after that it runs quite well.

Format your "My Storage" that should fix this. Its never happened to me but I reformat "My Storage" often

Guest lioryte

GPS is working on this ROM, tested today. From cold start it took me about 5 min while driving. Good thing I knew where I was going. After this I get a lock in less than a min.

@Hartv427 I like your ROM. I really like base ROMs I check every ROM to see if I can learn something out from it.

Guest hartv427
GPS is working on this ROM, tested today. From cold start it took me about 5 min while driving. Good thing I knew where I was going. After this I get a lock in less than a min.

@Hartv427 I like your ROM. I really like base ROMs I check every ROM to see if I can learn something out from it.

Thanks glad you like my work. I'm working with some new releases now I'll put something new togheter for all of you within the next two days

Guest shaninNH
Thanks glad you like my work. I'm working with some new releases now I'll put something new togheter for all of you within the next two days

Great. I'm hoping you got your hands on the newest 23041 build. It looks nice (a sounds like some bugs have been fixed). The best part about your Rom is how you keep to the base, because the newest build is actually looking nice. Thanks for your work, I'm looking forward to this.

Hart,

I must say I am enjoying your 7.0 ROM though I am experiencing the same GPS issues as others. I haven't tested it out for more than 5 minutes or so, but will do so today. I like the way 7.0 is and would like future versions the same way. Personally, I enjoy "stock" ROMs like Adryn's "Base" ROM. I switched to yours after Adryn stopped building ROMs and have enjoyed them since...

GPS is all good. i did what was posted above. try it for 5 min, if no go, soft reset and try again, leave it run for upward 10 min. after about 6-8 min it grabbed 7 sats and held onto the connection no problem. i drove home and left it track the whole time, no issues whatsoever. Today it being a little picky and i had to soft reset again to get it to grab them again, and again it took 5 min, but it is working.

were you saying i should format my storage to fix my icons? how would that help? also my storage was just formated after flashing, and all my apps are on it and its working great, so id rather not nuke it again..

Guest hartv427

Release Notes:Hartv427_V8

23041 XIP & SYS 12mb pagepool

Volume keys are working

Calander button working in task bar

New wallpaper thanks to Techmaster7545

Origonal theme & Windows Blue thanks to Blazeingwolf for some help with this

Added GPS warning back in so you know it on

Ok/Close button in phone/services is still not working make the changes you wish and hit the end call key wait 30sec and soft reset

I've been using this build for two days and have had no major problems

Hartv427_V8 http://www.4shared.com/file/129780393/73db...artv427_V8.html

Screenshots on first post

Edited by hartv427

Guest jdloaner

I'm sure this has already been answered, but I can't seem to find it. How do I fix the slow typing issue? It seems like I have to wait a half second between each screen press.