WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

i havnt solved it yet, but i did notice its definitely a touch issue. if you my mobiler into it and use the mouse you can click hyper fast and it grabs everythign, and if you use the stylus and are very quick and accurate its not bad either. but with a finger it seems pretty darn sluggish. esp if you tend to move your finger slightly after a push, then it registered late, so it grabs the letter next to the one you wanted

any noted issues in the latest v8 (short of the one you listed about the X box).

Also does 8 fix anything from 7.1?

and lastly, whats your opinion? worth the move, or similar enough to 7.1 not much is changed / fixed?

of course im sure alot of people will move to have the latest and greatest, but i really just want to start using my phone again as a phone and not a constant testbed.. maybe just a here and there testbed :D

Edited by ugzz

Guest hartv427
any noted issues in the latest v8 (short of the one you listed about the X box).

Also does 8 fix anything from 7.1?

and lastly, whats your opinion? worth the move, or similar enough to 7.1 not much is changed / fixed?

of course im sure alot of people will move to have the latest and greatest, but i really just want to start using my phone again as a phone and not a constant testbed.. maybe just a here and there testbed :D

Well the volume control being fixed is nice

Guest xenspidey
i havnt solved it yet, but i did notice its definitely a touch issue. if you my mobiler into it and use the mouse you can click hyper fast and it grabs everythign, and if you use the stylus and are very quick and accurate its not bad either. but with a finger it seems pretty darn sluggish. esp if you tend to move your finger slightly after a push, then it registered late, so it grabs the letter next to the one you wanted

install Touchresponse... it will solve the typing rate issue. i know Bgill has a cab floating around. It can't be cooked in or else it breaks kinetic scrolling... although Hart's ROM doesn't seem to have kinetic scrolling.

Guest jdloaner
install Touchresponse... it will solve the typing rate issue. i know Bgill has a cab floating around. It can't be cooked in or else it breaks kinetic scrolling... although Hart's ROM doesn't seem to have kinetic scrolling.

You happen to have a link to the thread? Can't seem to find... :D

Guest jdloaner

Random question, maybe I'm just an idiot though. Why can I not install the Google Mobile App program from their website? I used to have it no problem before I did the Verizon Update, or more notably the WM 6.5 Rom's

Guest hartv427
Random question, maybe I'm just an idiot though. Why can I not install the Google Mobile App program from their website? I used to have it no problem before I did the Verizon Update, or more notably the WM 6.5 Rom's

Change you Internet Explorer setting to Mobile Device by going to Tools\Options\Other that should fix it

Guest shaninNH

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!Best WM6.5 ROM to date for the Omnia i910...hands down...and I've tried 'em all.I love the simplicity and room for personalization. No extra stuff to like/dislike depending on personal preference. Way to go. :D

Guest hartv427
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Best WM6.5 ROM to date for the Omnia i910...hands down...and I've tried 'em all. I love the simplicity and room for personalization. No extra stuff to like/dislike depending on personal preference. Way to go. :D

Thanks ... Glad that you Like V8 ... I'm constantly working on improving the Roms I post and the work will continue :angry:

Guest snickle

Just installed it and so far so good. I was hoping the copilot buttons would work with version, but so far none of teh 6.5 ROMs I have tried allow me to use the two bottom buttons in CoPilot. Oh, well, VZW Nav it is.

Guest hartv427
Just installed it and so far so good. I was hoping the copilot buttons would work with version, but so far none of teh 6.5 ROMs I have tried allow me to use the two bottom buttons in CoPilot. Oh, well, VZW Nav it is.

Thanks hope things continue to go well for you

Guest hartv427
Nice job on version 8!! Looks fresh and fixes some minor issues with 7.1

Can't wait til the next release.

Thank you

I'm sure a newer build will be out soon but in the mean time I'm working on a Final build of 23008 not as flashy but very solid for those that are tired of the bugs in the newer builds

I installed the TouchResponse with no imporvement. I tried all three "Touch IDs" without change. What am I missing here? Is nobody else's doing this?

did you soft reset after install?

Guest jdloaner
did you soft reset after install?

Yeah I rebooted after each change of the Touch ID, and after initial install I did twice. This is really annoying, I can only hit a button like once every half second. Has anyone else had this issue after the ROM install?

I AM still using the 7.1 rom, does 8 handle this problem at all? I didn't see it in the changelog.

Hartv, any clues?

Guest hartv427
Yeah I rebooted after each change of the Touch ID, and after initial install I did twice. This is really annoying, I can only hit a button like once every half second. Has anyone else had this issue after the ROM install?

I AM still using the 7.1 rom, does 8 handle this problem at all? I didn't see it in the changelog.

Hartv, any clues?

V8 23041 is about the same But some like FTouchSL to improve the slow typing

FTouchSL_2.10.cab

Guest jdloaner
V8 23041 is about the same But some like FTouchSL to improve the slow typing

Awesome, I will give it a try on the way home. thanks.

BTW, your ROMs have been great. I'd almost given up completely on liking the Omnia at all until I came across them. I've had this phone in my hand multiple different times ready to accidentally throw it and "have" to get it replaced with something else.

Since my original flash I've converted 4 different people over in my office to ROMs v4, now v8, as we all have to use this phone for work.

Again, excellent job... you make the Omnia tolerable, and more so, usable.

Guest hartv427
Awesome, I will give it a try on the way home. thanks.

BTW, your ROMs have been great. I'd almost given up completely on liking the Omnia at all until I came across them. I've had this phone in my hand multiple different times ready to accidentally throw it and "have" to get it replaced with something else.

Since my original flash I've converted 4 different people over in my office to ROMs v4, now v8, as we all have to use this phone for work.

Again, excellent job... you make the Omnia tolerable, and more so, usable.

Your welcome ... Glad thing are going better I'll have more options for you within the next day or so

Guest necosino

Trying out your ROM, but my Wifi is gone, and I cannot remember how to get it back, lol..

nvm, just went into settings - connections - wifi, then it came right back :)

Edited by necosino

I didn't know thet 23051 was out but if you are talking about 23041 I have some notes on the first post

I could have sworn i saw it out, but apparently that was when I was out smoking crack.