WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest hartv427
Trying out your ROM, but my Wifi is gone, and I cannot remember how to get it back, lol..

nvm, just went into settings - connections - wifi, then it came right back :)

I've been fighting that problem for a while now it can be intermittent

Work around

If Wifi is missing from Wireless Manager go to Start\Tools click on "Wlanloder" it will open a small window click unload wait for it to process then click Load. Go back to Wireless Manager and Wifi will be there

I accidently took the directions of the first post but ther back now

V8 23041 is about the same But some like FTouchSL to improve the slow typing

Hart: Like your ROM! Simple, and most important to me, it has the plain vanilla task bar at the top. I was getting tired of the flashy ones - too hard to read and they sometimes don't work right.

Anyway, which is better at resolving the slow-typing? TouchResponse or FTouchSL? Does one do better or give more features over the other? If you use FTouchSL can you turn on it's kinetic scrolling?

Just curious... Thx!

/Chimp

Guest xenspidey
Hart: Like your ROM! Simple, and most important to me, it has the plain vanilla task bar at the top. I was getting tired of the flashy ones - too hard to read and they sometimes don't work right.

Anyway, which is better at resolving the slow-typing? TouchResponse or FTouchSL? Does one do better or give more features over the other? If you use FTouchSL can you turn on it's kinetic scrolling?

Just curious... Thx!

/Chimp

The best solution i've seen is when FTouchSLdll is cooked in and touchresponse is installed. with that you get the kinetic scrolling plus the fast touch response. 

Hart didn't cook in FTouch and for some reason installing FTouchSL and then touch response doesn't quite work the same. The scrolling still has the annoying clicking and "stepping" feel to scrolling.

Guest xenspidey
The best solution i've seen is when FTouchSLdll is cooked in and touchresponse is installed. with that you get the kinetic scrolling plus the fast touch response. 

Hart didn't cook in FTouch and for some reason installing FTouchSL and then touch response doesn't quite work the same. The scrolling still has the annoying clicking and "stepping" feel to scrolling.

Edit: I just tried it again and it worked! i installed FTouschSL, soft reset. then installed Touchresponse, soft reset. Went to settings - System - TouchResponse Settings went through the tabs and hit apply. now everything works. vibration, fast typing and kinetic scrolling. Now this ROM is complete.

Good job Hart! Great ROM!!!

Ok, so should I install both? Or just install TouchResponse to speed up the typing/clicking?

Guest xenspidey
Ok, so should I install both? Or just install TouchResponse to speed up the typing/clicking?

Depends on if you want kinetic scrolling or not. If you don't care about kinetic scrolling than just install Touchresponse. 

Hey I really love this rom! Only problem is I hate the original Samsung dialer, because of the auto lock. There was A .cab fix somewhere to take that away. Do you have that? I can live with it, though lol

This is the first rom of your I have flashed. Glad I found it, you did a great job. I love to having the ability to change the theams if I so desire. I see BGill has done that in his last release. It's a great idea! thanks for your great work.

Question: in tools, what does WlanLoader do?

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw it in a post above lol Another way to get it back is to go into power setting and toddle the power option

for WiFi. I think it is an ongoing Microsoft bug.

Edited by melp

Guest arizonaomnia

Hart,

This ROM is GREAT. I love the simplicity of it.

I did try to add Showaco's Opera Titanium Panel, and was not successful. I installed Opera to the device first, then installed the Opera Panel. I enabled it from within CHome Editor, and saved the panel order to the registry, but it does not show. Do you have any idea what might be happening?

Honestly, I don't know why your ROM doesn't get more "attention."

Guest hartv427
Hey I really love this rom! Only problem is I hate the original Samsung dialer, because of the auto lock. There was A .cab fix somewhere to take that away. Do you have that? I can live with it, though lol

This is the first rom of your I have flashed. Glad I found it, you did a great job. I love to having the ability to change the theams if I so desire. I see BGill has done that in his last release. It's a great idea! thanks for your great work.

Question: in tools, what does WlanLoader do?

The samsung Dialer Touchlock can be turn off through phone settings but check the release notes first post

Release Notes:Hartv427_V8

23041 XIP & SYS 12mb pagepool

Volume keys are working

Calander button working in task bar

New wallpaper thanks to Techmaster7545

Origonal theme & Windows Blue thanks to Blazeingwolf for some help with this

Added GPS warning back in so you know it on

Ok/Close button in phone/services is still not working make the changes you wish and hit the end call key wait 30sec and soft reset

Known Issues:

Intermittent Wifi after soft reset:

If Wifi is missing from Wireless Manager go to Start\Tools click on "Wlanloder" it will open a small window click unload wait for it to process then click Load. Go back to Wireless Manager and Wifi will be there

Guest hartv427
Hart,

I did try to add Showaco's Opera Titanium Panel, and was not successful. I installed Opera to the device first, then installed the Opera Panel. I enabled it from within CHome Editor, and saved the panel order to the registry, but it does not show. Do you have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks

Tere could be many reasons post a link to cab or the cab you are using and I'll take a look when I can

Guest hartv427
Edit: I just tried it again and it worked! i installed FTouschSL, soft reset. then installed Touchresponse, soft reset. Went to settings - System - TouchResponse Settings went through the tabs and hit apply. now everything works. vibration, fast typing and kinetic scrolling. Now this ROM is complete.

Good job Hart! Great ROM!!!

Thank you

I'll have to do something about the slow typing this looks like a good solution I am just hesitant to cook this in bucause some may not like it. That being said it brobably the best solution for now.

i would have to agree with you there, the slow typing is a pretty huge issue for us big text and email people.

so you said you might have new features in a few days last night eh? hows the next rev coming, any eta?

and as ive said before, Thanks a ton. you put alot of work into this and it shows, its stable enough to use for work, which is awesome

Guest hartv427
i would have to agree with you there, the slow typing is a pretty huge issue for us big text and email people.

so you said you might have new features in a few days last night eh? hows the next rev coming, any eta?

and as ive said before, Thanks a ton. you put alot of work into this and it shows, its stable enough to use for work, which is awesome

23409 is out from the COM 4 branch I'll but it together and see how it is

Guest lioryte
Hart,

The cab you used isn't set to WQVGA and won't work. Try another version that will work, or even better give the new ie a chance, you might be surprised and there is a working panel for ie fav.

Att. is the .cab that should work on the omnia

Showaco_Opera_Omnia.cab

Guest hartv427
The cab you used isn't set to WQVGA and won't work. Try another version that will work, or even better give the new ie a chance, you might be surprised and there is a working panel for ie fav.

Att. is the .cab that should work on the omnia

Thank you :)

dang u hart! i just "had" to flash to your latest.

i got all my cabs ready to go and it just take a min to setup email and activesync.. so all i really lose is txts, and a few min o time.

ill let you know what i think of 8, but im sure ill love it, and im sure by the time i have a good feel for 8 youll be reving to the next version heh

-man that first boot after a flash kills me, it takes so long im always at the edge of my seat.. "please boot, please boot" :)

Edited by ugzz

this is totally a noob question, but what exactly do you do to get past the boot screen. ive got it each time, but my blindly hitting crap lol, and it takes me like 5 min every time to figure out what im supposed to press to get past the windows built screen.