How long is your battery lasting

Guest m8mbl

Guest m8mbl

Quick update. TG01 is lasting well over a day now that I have recieved the replacement unit from Orange (faulty phone). Second full day of usage, this phone is awesome. :-)

Hi all,

Had my TG01 for about 4 days now. On each of these days the battery has lasted me about 3-4 hours on a full charge.

Example of usage, making 1-2 calls about 5 minutes each and very brief internet usage "orange world") Bluetooth and wlan switch off. I also have two email push accounts set-up.

Is this the norm or do I have a faulty unit? what are you guys getting?

thanks

MB

Edited by m8mbl

Guest jonboyuk

TBH the 1000mah battery isn't going to work very well on such large device but 4 hours is ridiculous!! Take it back to the shop for a replacement unit.

Guest SinSilla

I´m in the second Week with my TG01 and i´m somewhat satisfied with the battery life. I´m getting easily over the day while using it for several calls a day, text messaging, skype, surfing and some gaming as well.

Couple of days ago i even thought my battery display was broken because i came back from work with 90% power left. ;)

It´s getting better after you have fully charged it a couple of times.

But even on my first day it lasted longer than 3-4 Hours.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi m8mbl,

I would also say that is not normal even in the first couple of days when i couldn't put it down and was installing apps and setting it up they way i wanted it was lasting till late evening, actually i haven't ever run the battery flat as yet. Actually the battery indicator isn't great as even when it's showing just 2 bars it's actually still @60%. I also have two E-Mail accounts being pushed via Seven 12 hrs a day and have WiFi on most of the time to I'm more than satisfied with battery life the only thing that seems to really drain the battery is watching a Video for 45 minutes which is hardly surprising really. I also have my display set on full brightness always as have done with all my devices as otherwise i consider it a waste of the great screen.

@jonboyuk

Although what you say sounds logical especially when you factor in the speed of the processor as well it's just not true this new processor really is very efficient and just doesn't seem that power hungry at all. The only 1000aMh battery was intially a concern for me and i was considering purchasing a Power Monkey or similar but in reality just don't think I'll need one. Especially as i already have a Motorola cigarette lighter power cord that has USB out which i can then attach the supplied USB to Micro USB adapter that comes with the TG01. Just waiting for my ADVERTISING SPAM case to arrive so i can use my ADVERTISING SPAM car mount with it. I have to say I'm seriously impressed with this device and loving it.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Garfy Squirrell

I have to say that my first device from Orange I sent back as faulty as it died on me when showing a full battery. I thought the replacement device had solved this.

But I'm still noticing occassions when the battery is showing 100% after a lot of use.

I do a reboot and all of a sudden only 40% power left.

There is definetely some glitch with the battery monitor on this device, which is a royal pain.

But overall I'm impressed with it, just want some great apps to turn my iphone using mates green with envy

Guest katopunk
Looks like it was a faulty unit / battery. Orange are sending me a replacement. :-)

they are sending you a whole replacement unit or just a replacement battery?

Guest m8mbl
they are sending you a whole replacement unit or just a replacement battery?

Hi, I got a refund via orange retail and then re-upgraded via customer relations.

To cut a long story short, Orange retail wouldnt replace my phone as the first diagnostic showed no error, so I rang customer service this time it showed a fault code they also advised, I am entitled to a refund if the deive is faulty within 28days of purchase from the point of purchase. They advised me to get a refund from the store and re-upgrade via customer service. which I did. as replacement unit etc... will be posted out and not have to visit store. Not look back since.

Phone is amazing... there are a few issues with the windows 6.1, hoping these will be addressed once windows mobile 6.5 is release.

MB