New Manila2D ver2.0 Build 1919.1432

Guest sector

Guest punkmonkey1984
same 2 me also the people tab (add people) doesn't work plus program tab plus music tab ect.

any chance to get this version fully worked?

add people works ok for me

same 2 me also the people tab (add people) doesn't work plus program tab plus music tab ect.

any chance to get this version fully worked?

Everything is working except:

1. Can't launch Opera from Internet tab (I can launch Youtube with a registry edit)

2. Weather doesn't show on Flip Clock.

post-479752-1254327328_thumb.png

post-479752-1254327333_thumb.png

I have tried everything even i add registry file with ceregeditor and contacts and launcher tabs don't work again. I install again old AIO cab (1917) to test and contacts and launcher tabs works with no problems (for now).

Loving the new version of TouchFlow. Downloaded the cabs this morning (had problem with the zips being corrupted or something). Struggled through the Dshow issue like several others, but was able to add the dll's to \Windows and import the registry file. Other than that, installation was smooth.

Now playing with the new version and thought I'd share my initial experiences. Hope the feedback is helpful. Running on WinMo 6.5 Pro build 23041 from Hart. No M2D in ROM, all installed in device memory.

1. Clock says tap to update weather. When I do, I get blank white screen with Go and OK buttons on bottom softkeys.
  2. Interestingly, on the weather tab I was able to add my location (from a customized HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file. Updating for my location seems to be working. However, when I select Menu > Settings to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit I get the same white screen described above when clicking on update weather on the home tab clock. Are these possibly related issues?
  3. No problem adding contacts to the People tab.
  4. No problem with the Message Tab. Can preview messages and click through to Text Messages app.
  5. No problem with Mail, preview mail from multiple email accounts and click through to Email app.
  6. Initially the web tab wouldn't launch a browser, but added path to Opera using M2DC and now Opera launches from the internet tab.
  7. Installed photo album 2.0 from first post and the Photos and Video tab is working.
  8. Installed Audio Manager 2.0 from first post and the Music tab and audio manager are working fine.
  9. Weather tab working except that I can't change settings (white screen) as noted in item 2 above.
  10. Maps search is NOT working. When I search, the screen stays on the Map Search page, never gets to Google maps. Haven't tried to fix this yet, not sure what the issue is.
  11. Settings Tab > Sounds results in blank white screen, can't set any sound settings from there.
  12. Settings Tab > Communications seems to be working EXCEPT WIFI... Wifi option disabled?!?!
  13. Programs Tab working fine. Can add apps and launch apps as expected. Minor issue, the application selection window (when you click to add new app to tab) is sized wrong. Lots of blank space at bottom of screen. Minor issue, but there nonetheless.
All in all, a VERY good first experience. Would be nice to get the weather setup fixed on the weather tab and on the main clock. Would also be helpful to get wifi and Google Maps back.

Thanks for all the great work. M2D is THE UI for the Omnia. Nice to get a refresh on it.

[uPDATE] Wifi seems to have fixed itself. It is now enabled on the communications tab. No soft reset or anything. Just went back to play with it after my post and it's working now.

Edited by amprof

Guest disciplined

Wow. Is it me or did it go from:

hurry up hurry up sector! I can't wait!! OMG your so AMAZING please can you do it!!!

to

Doesn't work, this doesn't work, that doesn't work, can you please fix it, please fix!!! Will you fix it now? How about .... NOW????

all in the span of less than 24 hours :)

It's one thing to report a new issue, but lets chillax :D ?

Maybe its just me.

Edited by disciplined

1. Interestingly, on the weather tab I was able to add my location (from a customized HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml file. Updating for my location seems to be working. However, when I select Menu > Settings to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit I get the same white screen described above when clicking on update weather on the home tab clock. Are these possibly related issues?

The registry key for the temperature format is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>HTC>MANILA2D>WEATHER>SETTINGS>Celsius = 0 (for f) or 1 (for c)

I seem to have the same basic issues with google maps, home screen weather, and the like.

Wow. Is it me or did it go from:

hurry up hurry up sector! I can't wait!! OMG your so AMAZING please can you do it!!!

to

Doesn't work, this doesn't work, that doesn't work, can you please fix it, please fix!!! Will you fix it now? How about .... NOW????

all in the span of less than 24 hours :)

It's one thing to report a new issue, but lets chillax :D ?

Maybe its just me.

From the first post of this thread from Sector... "Please report any problems you find on the way. Good luck". That's certainly the intent of my post, and I think the intent of most of the posters here. No one expects it to be perfect out of the blocks, but that which is unidentified cannot be addressed.

The registry key for the temperature format is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>HTC>MANILA2D>WEATHER>SETTINGS>Celsius = 0 (for f) or 1 (for c)

I seem to have the same basic issues with google maps, home screen weather, and the like.

Thx. You saved me some time digging through the registry.

Guest raptoro07

Anyone else having SERIOUS battery and memory drain after install. My battery got sucked down quick, although it was already low and may not be related, but memory on boot is 40mb and after startup and progs running is 4mb.

Guest WoZZeR999

M2D takes up around 8.5 megs for me. Audio manager takes 3.2. Tons of files are loaded, so that drives file cache up.

M2D should automatically close when something takes up te full screen and lots of ram.

Guest WoZZeR999

This build may also have debug logging built in, let me do some tests.

See if you have HKLM\Software\HTC\Deblogger. If you do, delete that whole tree.

Reboot after the change.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest punkmonkey1984
This build may also have debug logging built in, let me do some tests.

See if you have HKLM\Software\HTC\Deblogger. If you do, delete that whole tree.

Reboot after the change.

i had, just deleted it, seems little faster, altho i didnt really test or bench before or after

iv noticed on the xda forum about this new m2d people are saying that Google Location Service ask's them to accept terms etc,

when they click to update weather from the home screen, maybe its the problem there

Edited by punkmonkey1984

Guest WoZZeR999

Try using that little dot thing on the keyboard I think its called the period It makes understanding what people are saying a lot easier I don't know why people cant seem to understand that punctuation is not something that can just be overlooked I could see maybe some 7 year old not use periods but everyone here should be smart enough to use basic puntuation

Edit: Damn it, I had a ' mark in there... shame on me.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest punkmonkey1984
Try using that little dot thing on the keyboard I think it's called the period It makes understanding what people are saying a lot easier I don't know why people cant seem to understand that punctuation is not something that can just be overlooked I could see maybe some 7 year old not use periods but everyone here should be smart enough to use basic puntuation

You say this but you forget a full stop after you said overlook lol. :)

Moving on, any new updates on the home screen weather just read about 25 pages on the xda thread but nothing seems to work.

Edited by punkmonkey1984

Guest WoZZeR999

It works fine for me cooked in, and sector said he had it working. I'm not 100% sure (sector will have to check/correct me), but some of the items needed in 3.a and 3.b might not be SDK cert versions of the needed dll/programs. You should get a agreement screen that pops up, and you have to hit agree for weather to work.

Guest punkmonkey1984
It works fine for me cooked in, and sector said he had it working. I'm not 100% sure (sector will have to check/correct me), but some of the items needed in 3.a and 3.b might not be SDK cert versions of the needed dll/programs. You should get a agreement screen that pops up, and you have to hit agree for weather to work.

yeah thats the problem i think, i never get a screen coming up ask me to agree (with google i think) all installed ok apart from the HTC Dshow 2.0.19182129.WAlien.cab

also when i go in to location settings in system i get the same white screen as when i click on weather from the home screen,

does location settings work for you ?

Guest xenspidey

I don't have any of the problems that are described above... weather works on both tab and home screen. I've got 24 mb free... Like WoZZeR though i cooked it mine in.

Guest WoZZeR999

Yup, "Location settings" comes up fine.

check http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c6029de...ac99885da44e881

See if you see HTC advanced settings (I think). I'm still blocked from my computer at home (going to try SSH tunnel tomorrow), so I don't remember the exact name.

The new Agps and stuff may need to be cooked in, I'm not sure yet.

Guest punkmonkey1984
Yup, "Location settings" comes up fine.

check http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c6029de...ac99885da44e881

See if you see HTC advanced settings (I think). I'm still blocked from my computer at home (going to try SSH tunnel tomorrow), so I don't remember the exact name.

The new Agps and stuff may need to be cooked in, I'm not sure yet.

I didn't find HTC advanced settings on that media fire link, maybe your right might need to be cooked in, for it all to work,