Any RSS Reader for my Pocket PC?

Guest tjrundy

Guest tjrundy

Dear all,

I am running a Samsung i780 with WM6.1. I'd like to be able to read some RSS feeds, and have had some success in the past in using the free pRSSreader. That worked really well, but there is a feature missing that I would really like to have. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to recommend a suitable reader.

The problem with pRSSreader, was that I'd read postings that I thought were interesting and then flag them to read later. However, the program wouldn't keep them for later - instead it would ditch all the postings irrespective of whether they had been flagged or not.

So I'd like a way to either make a favourite posting list or save postings that I think are interesting, so I can read through them again at a later date.

Any ideas if there are some readers on the market with this functionality?

Many thanks,

Tom.

Guest tjrundy
I use yomomedia. It'll let you manage your subscriptions from the web and it'll let you "save" articles you choose so you can find them easily later.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I went for YomoMedia Reader in the end, as it allows one to save

interesting posts whilst on the train and since its a web app (with a

PPC application), you can then view them on your PC in their full

glory when you get into work!

Cheers, Tom.

Guest David Strange

If you can be bothered to install the Iris browser (http://www.torchmobile.com/) on your mobile then I cannot recommend Google reader highly enough. It is a great Ajax-y Web2.0-esque web app that you can access from anywhere. If you use the Iris browser on your phone Google Reader will think you are an iPhone and switch to the great iPhone varient of its user interface.

If you want to give it a try go to http://reader.google.com/ and add a few feeds. You can move them into folders in the Manage Feed screen, star news items to look at later and share items with your friends. I love Google reader both on the desktop and mobile, but using software like that makes me worry that one day Google will own us all... :D

Cheers,

David.

• 3 months later...