VIDEO RECORD SAMPLE SAMSUNG OMNIA 2

Guest inmatrixout

You cannot judge sound quality because of the recording procedure (he is riding a great bike)!

I think that the video quality is acceptable and it will be better in future firmware updates!

Guest somedude
You cannot judge sound quality because of the recording procedure (he is riding a great bike)!

I think that the video quality is acceptable and it will be better in future firmware updates!

Well what i meant by bad sound quality is the fact that you can hear a whistling noise in the audio.

This is something i noticed in all of the videos for the Omnia 2. This was also true for Omnia I.

And isnt the video quality more of a hardware specific thing? I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for a update to fix the video quality. There has been several updates for the Omnia I and none of them resolved the Omnia's poor video recording.

Guest alvinaloy
Well what i meant by bad sound quality is the fact that you can hear a whistling noise in the audio.

Isn't the whistling noise due to the wind as he is riding (a great bike!)?

Guest saznpins

You really think the iphone records better than that? I played around with the 3GS and was not at all impressed with the quality. But this video looks like a noticable improvement over my i900, so I'm glad I took the plunge... my i8000 arrives tomorrow from Singapore.

Thank you for posting the video iNicc0lo, beautiful area of the world you live in!

Guest poor_student
Yes the youtube videos of the iphone 3GS look better than this, they look sharper,

Have to agree wit Core on this. One of things I was most excited about with the Omnia 2 was the DVD quality video recording, espcially after how poor the first omnia was. But after looking at this clip and other recorded on the new omnia, they are disappointing.

I had a play around with my younger brothers iphone 3gs and was expecting it to be terrible given its only a 3 MP camera, but it was so much better than this.

Really disappointed with the Omnia 2 on this, as I really need a good video recorder to take clips of our new daughter. Edging ever closer to the new iphone :)

Guest Quist09
Have to agree wit Core on this. One of things I was most excited about with the Omnia 2 was the DVD quality video recording, espcially after how poor the first omnia was. But after looking at this clip and other recorded on the new omnia, they are disappointing.

I had a play around with my younger brothers iphone 3gs and was expecting it to be terrible given its only a 3 MP camera, but it was so much better than this.

Really disappointed with the Omnia 2 on this, as I really need a good video recorder to take clips of our new daughter. Edging ever closer to the new iphone :)

This video looks a lot like the jumpy videos I get on HD with my i8910. The D1 resolution on the i8910 is excellent, however (although I recently discovered the D1 video recording on the Samsung UltraTouch beat the i8910 hands down). Still, it is considerably better than the i900 was.

Guest somedude
Isn't the whistling noise due to the wind as he is riding (a great bike!)?

No. Its probably because the omnia 2 has a poor audio sampling frequency.

for example, looking at these two sample:

Omnia 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ZIHh4N7W0

IPhone 3gs

For iphone 3gs, you dont hear any background noise. The audio is pretty clear.

For the omnia 2, the audio doesnt sound as clear and you hear some background noise.

Edited by somedude

No. Its probably because the omnia 2 has a poor audio sampling frequency.

for example, looking at these two sample:

Omnia 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ZIHh4N7W0

IPhone 3gs

For iphone 3gs, you dont hear any background noise. The audio is pretty clear.

For the omnia 2, the audio doesnt sound as clear and you hear some background noise.

Omnia 2 has 16 KHZ sample-rate when you use the audio from the camera app sadly, but whistling noise is due to serious software bug.

Quality of sound is in essence very good on Omnia2, like Omnia1, only the audio-compression they use is terrible.

Look at this sample video from Omnia II what CAN be possible: http://luci.fm/OmniaIISample.mp4 Video from OmniaII camera, audio recorded seperately in HQ.

Guest somedude
Omnia 2 has 16 KHZ sample-rate when you use the audio from the camera app sadly, but whistling noise is due to serious software bug.

Quality of sound is in essence very good on Omnia2, like Omnia1, only the audio-compression they use is terrible.

Look at this sample video from Omnia II what CAN be possible: http://luci.fm/OmniaIISample.mp4 Video from OmniaII camera, audio recorded seperately in HQ.

Wow.

Now that is what im talking about. The audio makes a huge difference, it makes the overall presentation much better.

Do you know how this person was able to record in HQ and then merge the audio file with the video file?

Edited by somedude

Wow.

Now that is what im talking about. The audio makes a huge difference, it makes the overall presentation much better.

Do you know how this person was able to record in HQ and then merge the audio file with the video file?

Well, i made the video with Luci AV available at http://luci.eu .

There's a lite version coming soon for under EU 50,- which basically allows you to point, shoot and upload with the same quality as in this video.

Well, i made the video with Luci AV available at http://luci.eu .

There's a lite version coming soon for under EU 50,- which basically allows you to point, shoot and upload with the same quality as in this video.

Btw, you know that in pro-audio land, we all often get frustrated about the lack of attention to sound-quality in general. Even though all film-makers consider sound to be a very important part, sound is at the bottom of the -financial- list. It seems this is true in mobile phone land also, apparently they think we have ears from the 50's in our head, this is where you come in, just complain a lot. maybe things will change... This is where Apple enters, their -3GS- video's are shot with decent audio compression, as they are aware of these things. We, normal people, who like to have a CHOICE and hate Companies like Apple who determine what's good for us, like to be able to CHOOSE the best! This is something that since ages was possible on PC but now needs to be transported to WM phones also.

Cheers, Joozzt

• 11 months later...