Omnia II i8000 ROM Download (English /Chinese version ( Simplify/Traditional)19/Sept Updated

Guest previa

Guest sys_error

Software PointuiHome 2.1 + Hero Theme on Omnia II

1. Download & install 20090829_Pointui.Home2.1.06c.VGA.WVGA.Pro.Latest.cab (PH2) into "My Storage".
  2. Do not launch PH2 upon installation, instead go to Today to untick Samsung WidgetPlus and tick Pointui Home 2.
  3. Use the Lite version if you dont have Pro version serial (just click CANCEL when prompt again).
  4. Download, unzip & replace original Home2 in \My Storage\Program Files\Home2 with Hero Theme Home2 from http://rapidshare.com/files/273858801/2009...0.0.4.x.VGA.zip as current Hero Theme do not have a installation cab.
  5. Launch PH2 and click on "+" to bring up the Applets page, click at the "-" on top right corner and remove all the default applets.
  6. Click on "+" to add PointSenseScreen 1 to 4. You can use the last 2 to add PointSenseScreen 5 and 6 for your own shortcuts.
This is taken from KingMobile and the instructions were in Chinese, this is the best i can translate, so pls enjoy it. They claimed quite unstable when adding shortcuts in PointSenseScreen 5 and 6 so i personally only use PointSenseScreen 1 to 3.

EDITED TO ADD: Please visit HERE for better instructions!

Edited by sys_error

Guest FerdiBorbon

POINTUI FTW!!, i really recomend this UI its the best, ive been using it since my Omnia I, but now this new point sense applet, its become even more fun and customizable, much better than SPB Shell 3...

I have not run into any problems with shortcuts and contacts etc, it just plays well :D

Enjoy guys Please vist Poinui Website http://www.pointui.com/

you will get better instuctions there :angry:

post-477113-1251763707_thumb.jpg

post-477113-1251763725_thumb.jpg

post-477113-1251763751_thumb.jpg

post-477113-1251776785_thumb.jpg

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest tim1979
POINTUI FTW!!, i really recomend this UI its the best, ive been using it since my Omnia I, but now this new point sense applet, its become even more fun and customizable, much better than SPB Shell 3...

I have not run into any problems with shortcuts and contacts etc, it just plays well :D

Hi,

its looks great, btw can post the ram usage of this new pointUI?

Are u using pocketshield with this new point UI, just wondering is its working:?

thanks!

Guest FerdiBorbon
Hi,

its looks great, btw can post the ram usage of this new pointUI?

Are u using pocketshield with this new point UI, just wondering is its working:?

thanks!

Ok on soft reset i have 95.22mb available (Not using Touchwiz UI, no widgets on today)

After pointui statup with my applets above 72.09mb

It does eat abit but the Omnia II has much more program ram available, i dont see any lags with my apps music etc on pointUI

Im not using pocket shield, is that like a lock app? hope that helps,

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest tim1979
Ok on soft reset i have 95.22mb available (Not using Touchwiz UI, no widgets on today)

After pointui statup with my applets above 72.09mb

It does eat abit but the Omnia II has much more program ram available, i dont see any lags with my apps music etc on pointUI

Im not using pocket shield, is that like a lock app? hope that helps,

thanks for the fast reply, will give it a try.

90+ to 72 is a sudden drop of ram eaten up, but its stunning, will still give it a try.

Yes pocketshield is lock app, i am using v2.9 for HTC HD, dia2 , presently for omnia2 is not ready yet.

I am using this because the default lock app from sumsang brings me some trouble, keep sending sms in my pocket when

someone call in.

if anyone who want to know how to use pocketshield v2.9 , i can share it.

Guest FerdiBorbon

Why dont you use S2U2, it gives me now locking issues, customizable too :D

But i also use icon.soft phon.ex , to be my default incoming call, contact etc... so i dont have the send sms issue :angry:

post-477113-1251767418_thumb.jpg

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest tim1979
Why dont you use S2U2, it gives me now locking issues, customizable too :D

But i also use icon.soft phon.ex , to be my default incoming call, contact etc... so i dont have the send sms issue :angry:

i once uses S2u2 v2.04 if i am not wrong on omnia1, cannot read contact on sim, got to copy contact to phone for caller ID

to work. Sometime its giving some lock up when someone call in.

As its taking 4mb of ram on omnia2, thats why i didnt use it.

Did u encounter any lockup of screen when someone call in? i mean on version 2.04.

And did the caller ID works on sim contact?

If the issue is being solve i might consider using it also. Presently procketshield hasnt given me any problem.

No lock up on call, small ram usage(around 1+ mb). fast. The only thing i feel, maybe its me, sometime when call come in,

its lagging abit cause its searching for entires to perform the call ID function if i am not wrong.

What i mean is that, its able to read from sim and caller ID function works

Guest FerdiBorbon
i once uses S2u2 v2.04 if i am not wrong on omnia1, cannot read contact on sim, got to copy contact to phone for caller ID

to work. Sometime its giving some lock up when someone call in.

As its taking 4mb of ram on omnia2, thats why i didnt use it.

Did u encounter any lockup of screen when someone call in? i mean on version 2.04.

And did the caller ID works on sim contact?

If the issue is being solve i might consider using it also. Presently procketshield hasnt given me any problem.

No lock up on call, small ram usage(around 1+ mb). fast. The only thing i feel, maybe its me, sometime when call come in,

its lagging abit cause its searching for entires to perform the call ID function if i am not wrong.

What i mean is that, its able to read from sim and caller ID function works

Im using an old version of S2U2 1.45 it doesnt have the bloated stuff from the new ones, i only use it for locking device and this version is fast and lite, i dont use it for called ID etc, i use icon.soft phon.ex 1.45 its great,plus it pulls ups sim contacts too..

Guest monyozt

how to set weather location? mine set to default to city named "Da Nang"

Guest FerdiBorbon
how to set weather location? mine set to default to city named "Da Nang"

Hold on the weather panel for 2 seconds, then the options will appear to add/del cities, then on the main page hold the + sign for 2 seconds to update the weather :D

Guest chow9229

Hi to all, i got a problem with the wifi, after i flash to G7 rom. I switch on the wifi connect to my home wireless. it show connected the network. however i tried to update the weather or go Internet Exp1orer it cannot, But the wifi is still connected. previously i using G4 rom have no problems. One more thing i found is in the configure wireless network the "connects to:" show nothing to choose,previously it can choose work or internet. Is there a matter of configure or solve it? Can any one help. appreciate any help! thanks

Guest Shadowy
Hi to all, i got a problem with the wifi, after i flash to G7 rom. I switch on the wifi connect to my home wireless. it show connected the network. however i tried to update the weather or go Internet Exp1orer it cannot, But the wifi is still connected. previously i using G4 rom have no problems. One more thing i found is in the configure wireless network the "connects to:" show nothing to choose,previously it can choose work or internet. Is there a matter of configure or solve it? Can any one help. appreciate any help! thanks

have you got settings/advanced settings/connection/browser connections/automatically detect settings set to on?

Guest chow9229
have you got settings/advanced settings/connection/browser connections/automatically detect settings set to on?

Hi, thank for the fast reply, i am new to windows mobile started using at only July 09.

I will try and feedback. appreciated your help. thanks

Guest chow9229

I have try but stiil only can connected to WIFI but cannot use internet & weather update.At the configure wireless network the "connects to:" show nothing to can be choose,

previously it can choose my work connection or my internet connection. Is the problem?

How to i get them back in the "connects to:" to choose?

Thanks

Hold on the weather panel for 2 seconds, then the options will appear to add/del cities, then on the main page hold the + sign for 2 seconds to update the weather :D

Bro. i can not to change the /add cities and update the weather. did the Lite version without this function? even the London also can't to update.

post-454755-1251812221_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1251812230_thumb.jpg

Edited by previa

And my omnia II PointuiHome 2 show the Applets are not same with you , your applets are show over 2 or 3 applets on one page ?

post-454755-1251812821_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1251812838_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1251812856_thumb.jpg

Guest landslot
Bro. i can not to change the /add cities and update the weather. did the Lite version without this function? even the London also can't to update.

i too cant update the weather.

Also i cant seems to get the bottom bar of the Hero.. mine is still default. Very unstable for me.. hang more then 3x playing around with it. :D

Good point is that is so smooth sliding around

Guest chow9229
I have try but stiil only can connected to WIFI but cannot use internet & weather update.At the configure wireless network the "connects to:" show nothing to can be choose,

previously it can choose my work connection or my internet connection. Is the problem?

How to i get them back in the "connects to:" to choose?

Thanks

It just solve it :angry: , i reflash G7 and do a hard reset and when it detect the sim card to be configure i choose "NO"

and Now the configure wireless network the "connects to:" show to can be choose "The Internet" or "Work".

Anyway thank for the help here. Thanks :D

Ha, I found out the right procedure to setup

Time diference

Hold the Clock's icon 2 second. fig 1

Press the * botton show fig 2

disable the DST > Time zone will be Sync same with your time zone location

post-454755-1251850792_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1251851140_thumb.jpg

Edited by previa

Guest FerdiBorbon

Previa, see the plus "+" sign on the bottom right of your screenshot, you hold that for 2 seconds and you get this menu..hope this helps you with the weather update :D...when you say lite, you mean pointui? I have the non activated version too.

Also anything new going on at Kingmobile.net?

post-477113-1251852109_thumb.jpg

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest willowfarru

Please, a recomendation for omnia ii , PointuiHome II hero or SPB 3? , i heard that PointuiHome II is not yet very stable. I like SPB because is fast , stable , usefull and very easy , actually I have installed SPB 3.

Thanks.

Edited by willowfarru