[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

header-1-1.jpg

Hey peeps, check out these skins I've made for JMLToday. JMLToday is a WM6.5 Titanium plugin, so they are for WM6.5 only. My first two skins are in this post, but you'll see I've posted updated versions of them later, so I suggest you use those instead. First thing you need to do is make sure you have JMLToday installed properly.

Important: Everything must be installed to "Device", not "My Storage" or "Storage Card"

First install Mortscript 4.2 (this may already be cooked into your rom) and at least JMLToday 5.4 as well as v.3 of JMLLibrary. Run the program (JMLToday) once and follow the setup procedure. Finally, install JMLPanex 1.0. This great addition means workable buttons in the skins. :) After installing JMLPanex you have to do one more thing. Open the folder where it's installed (usually \Program Files\JMLPanex) and run the file "JMLPanexforPlugin.mscr". Choose "JMLToday" ok, "All" ok.

Updates

18.09 - New Skin - Futuretro - Released! Check this post for details - (post #294)

10.09 - New Anlog Clocks added just for Omnia users. Hope you like the new hour and minute hands! To download go here - (post #237)

07.09 - Jumba_Solo_Digital_Big and Small Released. Featuring 3 colours and dual sizes. See here for details - (post #194)

Check out all 6 analog clocks in one post. These will work with all the analog skins. Click here to download - (post #202)

06.09 - Jumba_Solo skin released! Features: Fullscreen layout, new single analog clock, 4-day forecast - see here for details - (post #163)

31.08 - Converted Analog_Duo Skin to work with JMLPanex! - click click - (post #127)

25.08 - Biiiig Update: JMLPanex Released. Now the buttons are clickable! For details see this post (#88).

18.08 - Update: New Digital Skin added... Slanted - (post #64)

10.08 - First Skins Released: Jumba_Analog_Duo and Jumba_Digital - (this post)

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What exactly is JMLToday?

JMLToday is a plugin for Titanium which works on WM 6.5. It will not work on WinMo 6.1. JMLToday is designed to be the heart of your Titanium layout. It installs to position 1 and will replace CClock as your main plugin. JMLToday is made to be skinnable and easy to develop for, supporting user-created skins, clocks, weather icons, battery meter, missed calls, sms and email, etc. It is still in early development (despite the seemingly high version number) and is already pretty awesome. It is under active development with many great features still to be implemented.

The application is coded in C#, so it has a small footprint and runs quickly and smoothly.

2. What is JMLLibrary?

A lot of the magic behind JMLToday is in the script library. With the release of version 3 of JMLLibrary now JMLToday can make use of the many included mortscripts. These add powerful functionality to the skins like automated wallpaper changing according to the weather forecast, clocks that change colour at night, etc. and allow you to map complex functions to onscreen buttons in conjunction with JMLPanex. The skinner can also write their own custom scripts to do pretty much anything, depending on how imaginative they can be. :huh:

3. What is JMLPanex?

This has been somewhat of a breakthrough for Titanium, the devs have successfully managed to have functional hotspots on the main screen, which means clickable buttons. The best part is, JMLPanex can work with any Titanium plugin, we are now awaiting the first apps that will make use of this. Among these are a powerful RSS Reader and a great little Quickdial panel. More soon!

4. Why do I need to install so much stuff?

The great thing about skinning JMLToday is that things like the clocks, the interface icons, the weather icons and so on can be used by different skins. They get installed separately so you can uninstall/reinstall as you wish. So if a skinner wants to release a new/different version of a skin all the user needs to do is download the small skin files and not all the same graphics files. It's a great system in the end, and allows for a great deal of painless customisation. ;)

5. I'm not using an Omnia but I want to use these skins. Can I do this?

Sure, some of the skins have been converted to work with all resolutions. I did this using an automated converter though, so be aware that there will probably be some alignment issues in the non-Omnia resolutions (QVGA, VGA, WVGA). Look for the skin files ending in "_Allres"

6. I created blank panels using CHome Editor but they're not showing. Why?

I am still trying to understand why this is happening - it only affects certain recent roms, so I guess all you can do is give it a go and see if it works for you. I think CHome Editor may be in need of an update.

7. I am using WM7 / Bliss / Neo Titanium and the plugin doesn't look like it does in your screenshots. Why is this?

All my skins are designed to work with Standard Titanium only. If your focus bar - that strip in the middle of the Titanium Menu screen - looks different to the one in my screenshots then chances are the themes will not look good on your device. Sorry, next time you flash a rom maybe try one with standard titanium. :(

8. How do I change my current city and where can I find my city code?

Click the JMLToday panel and go to Settings > Update City. City not on the list? Neither is mine. :D Click cancel and enter your city's code. You can find this by going to weather.msn.com and searching for your city. Check the URL - in it you will find your city code. For example, Johannesburg is "http://weather.msn.com/local.aspx?wealocations=wc:SFXX0023&q=Johannesburg%2c+ZAF" - so my weather code is SFXX0023. Type yours into JMLToday and hit OK. Then Update. Alternatively, once you have your code, add it to the file Cities.txt in your \Program Files\JMLToday folder.

9. How do I change the weather unit from F to C?

Browse to the \Program Files\JMLToday folder on your device and open the file JMLToday.ini with a text editor.

It's a plain text file. You can open it by browsing your device using ActiveSync from your PC, or you can edit it on your device using Word Mobile - just rename the file from JMLtoday.ini to JMLToday.txt (you may need to use a 3rd party file explorer like Resco Explorer or Total Commander to see the file extension) and then open it in Word.

Look for the line "weathertemp=F" and change the F to C.

Then save the file again. If using Word Mobile it will ask you if you want to save it in Word format - choose NO.

Finally rename your file back to "JMLToday.ini" - go back to JMLToday and hit Update.

10. How do I get the weather to auto-update?

Also in the JMLToday.ini file at the top you will see a section that starts with [RunAt] - change "Enable" to 1 and set the update time to what you want.

11. How do I change the date format?

In JMLToday.ini change any of the date strings to your liking. e.g. if the date is Monday 5 December, "dd" = 05, "ddd" = Mon, "dddd" = Monday, and "MM" = 12, "MMM" = Dec, "MMMM" = December - are possible options, combine them as you want.

12. How do I change the time format from 12 to 24-hour?

This can also be found in JMLToday.ini - change "hour" from 12 to 24 and "time" to HH:mm

13. In the dual clock skins, where do I change my 2nd city and offset time?

Also in JMLToday.ini, set your city name and offset in hours.

14. Sometimes the display gets corrupted, some icons appear too big or in strange places. What gives?

It's a Titanium issue unfortunately. I am hoping someone finds a way around this soon. In the meantime if the screen goes weird click the panel and hit > Settings > Refresh titanium.

15. How do I change the clocks/weather icons/system icons?

This is as simple as installing the cab you want. If you want to go back to an earlier clock etc. just re-install the cab. Not all icons/clocks are going to work well with all skins, but try it out, you never know what might work. One exception is the analog clocks I've posted, all of which are compatible with my analog skins. I believe an easier switching method is planned for future versions of JMLToday.

16. The right softkey says "Comm. Mgr." but I don't have Communication Manager installed. Can I change it?

Yep. The author of the app uses an HTC Diamond which comes standard with Comm Mgr installed. This is not the case with Omnias. To fix this install Comm Mgr or use a registry editor (like PHM Registry Editor) and go to \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday\Page1 - find the entries SK2URL and SK2TXT. URL points to the location of the app you want to launch and TXT is the text that appears on the bottom right of your screen.

17. Does using JMLToday cause extra battery drain?

Nope. ;) As mentioned before it's written in C# and doesn't have any 24/7 running processes so it's as light as they get.

Skin #1 - Jumba_Analog_Duo and Duo_Digital

Featuring a new custom interface, new weather icons, dual time zone analog clocks, day/night clock face switching, etc.

Note: In this first version the buttons are not clickable, i.e. not linked to any apps. If you want functional buttons (at least for the analog skin) go here - (post #127) - and install the updated version. But you'll still need to install some cabs from this post, so keep this window open. :D

pmd.jpglmn2.jpgpw.jpg

lmd.jpglmn4.jpg

lw2.jpg

And here's the digital version.

pdm.jpgpdw.jpg

ldm2.jpgldw2.jpg

To install

1. Install Mortscript, the latest JMLToday and JMLibrary

Make sure you have Mortscript 4.2 and at least JMLToday 5.3b installed as well as v.3 of JMLLibrary. Run the program (JMLToday) once before continuing.

2. Create a blank panel with CHome Editor (only for the analog skin)

Next, this is important, download CHome Editor from here and create a new blank panel, like in the screenshots below.

Open CHome Editor and press the bottom left softkey - choose "Add New Panel", give the panel a name like "blank" and choose "Add to enabled panels now". Then, press the left softkey again and choose "Add new page", select the panel you've just created and hit "Create blank page" and select "Add to enabled pages now". Move your blank panel below JMLToday (2nd from the top) and Save Order.

To remove the label from the "blank" panel you'll need to manually edit it in CHome Editor. Click the left softkey once again and choose "Manual Edit Item Values", select your blank panel, condensed page, and edit "PluginLabel" - remove the text and hit "Save to Registry".

This creates some extra room below the JMLToday panel.

step1.pngstep2.pngstep3.png

3. Install the cabs

Download and install the .cabs from this post in sequence...

a. "Analog_Clock_2" for the foreground clock, "Analog_Clock3_b" for the background. (only for the analog skin)

b. "Katra's Weather Icons v.2 Smaller" - If you already have these then skip this step.

c. "Jumba_Glass_Icons" - Needed for the theme.

d. "Jumba_Analog_Duo_Skin_WQVGA" / "Jumba_Digital_WQVGA" - The main skin files.

4. Install Skin

Open JMLToday and select "Change Skin". Then press Update!

The day/night switching clocks are set to change between 8pm and 6am. This isn't automatic though, you still have to press "Update" to see the change.

And yeah, I know Titanium loves to mess up the layout when switching between portrait/landscape. Just hit Settings > Refresh Titanium to fix it.

Enjoy. <_<

PS - Why so many cabs? So you can uninstall, say, the skin and still be able to use the icons for other skins. Cool. :angry: Let me know if there are any problems.

Full thanks go to Katra and Albook for the icon inspiration!

Make sure to install to My Device, not My Storage or Storage Card. :D

1_Analog_Clock2.CAB

2_Analog_Clock3_b.CAB

3_Jumba___Katra__s_Weather_Icons_v2.cab

4_Jumba_Glass_Icons.CAB

5_Jumba_Analog_Duo_Skin_WQVGA.CAB

wallpapers.zip

Jumba_Digital_WQVGA.CAB

digital_wallpapers.zip

Edited by Jumba

Thanks guys! Not too bad for a first skin eh. :) And for those who haven't checked out JMLToday, do yourself a favour and take a look. It's written in C so it's nice and fast, the weather updates are small and it doesn't put any extra drain on the battery. Plus it's under active development with lots of new features planned. There are also lots more skins on the way, so watch this space. ;)

Guest Krazy Radd
Thanks guys! Not too bad for a first skin eh. :) And for those who haven't checked out JMLToday, do yourself a favour and take a look. It's written in C so it's nice and fast, the weather updates are small and it doesn't put any extra drain on the battery. Plus it's under active development with lots of new features planned. There are also lots more skins on the way, so watch this space. <_<

I´ll do, bro.....

So what skins do you want us to surprise ???

I love something in Black Style, u know. ;)

That would be great and would fit well with my taskbar. ;)

Edited by Krazy Radd

Hey man :)

I don't have any more skins personally in development (this one is designed to be used on any colour), but there are a few really nice (W)VGA skins being developed which, thanks to the new .plg converter, can now quite easily be scaled for any resolution. JMLToday has been in development for some time, mainly on foreign boards where they speak French and such. :b so this is really the first multi-language release. I'm sure there will be more black skins soon! ;)

Edited by Jumba

Guest Krazy Radd
Hey man :)

I don't have any more skins personally in development (this one is designed to be used on any colour), but there are a few really nice (W)VGA skins being developed which, thanks to the new .plg converter, can now quite easily be scaled for any resolution. JMLToday has been in development for some time, mainly on foreign boards where they speak French and such. :b so this is really the first multi-language release. I'm sure there will be more black skins soon! ;)

Allright.....I will see if I can make one.....someday ;)

Allright.....I will see if I can make one.....someday :)

It's easy, try it! It's as simple as editing a text file. ;) The apps are there, it's the skins that are needed.

Mine looks like this -

JMLJumba.jpg

this is on bliss theme

adding blank panels did not seem to do anything (i have 2 blank panels added in the image)

Hiya

Did you install Katra's Weather Icons? It doesn't look as if they're showing.

The icon in the top middle is for the alarm, so if it's not set it won't show.

This skin wasn't designed with Bliss in mind, so it's not surprising it doesn't look correct. :) Sorry. In future I may look at a version that's compatible.

i followed all your steps, and then it said click JMLtoday and refresh.

i assumed you meant the JMLToday in the titanium homescreen like this :

i realized i might have forgot to install it? then i clicked install v5.3;

or i have done something terribly wrong, or... nvm its me ofcourse.

advise?

Hi, yes, you need to set up JMLToday before installing your skins.

JMLTodayInstall.mscr is a Mortscript file - you need to have Mortscript 4.2 installed. You can download it here. :)

Much of what JMLToday does involves using scripts, called Mortscripts - these are quite easy to create yourself (they're just text files) and can do some very powerful things. That's why you need to install JMLLibrary (point 1 in the original post) - as it contains some library scripts that are used by the app... so far there are two scripts worth noting - an automatic wallpaper changer depending on the weather forecast (not implemented in this skin) and isNight - a script to change the clock face (or anything else really) between 8pm and 6am.

Coming in the next version: Clickable buttons. ;)

Edited by Jumba

but i still have everything messed up like in post #9

Strange, did you install the weather icons, and did you hit "Update" after installing the theme?

Are you handy with a registry editor? Maybe you can check if the following key is set right...

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\JMLToday\meteo

should read: meteo.Katras_Weather_Smaller

I have installed the theme from scratch on my i900 and it works fine, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Guest Mothamoz

oh nevermind, had nothing to do with you it was just me.

i didnt update the weather yet and thought there was something wrong :)

could you tell me how to put every tab in titanium to the middle? like in your screenshots?

would be kind of you ;)

Edited by Mothamoz

Guest lioryte

Great Job, works great- Two things I noticed:

1) have to do a refresh after all was installed

2) Blank panel is easy to make, not so as to make active...

Overall, great skin!

Thanks folks! :)

could you tell me how to put every tab in titanium to the middle? like in your screenshots?

would be kind of you :angry:

Hmmm, that's a different story entirely. What you need to do is edit the Titanium .cpr file for your resolution and centre all the panel labels.

eg. For Omnia the two files are Titanium_240_400.cpr and Titanium_400_240.cpr - for portrait and landscape. What I do is copy the files from the Windows directory to my PC, then rename them to .xml and edit them with Notepad++. I search for all instances of: Text ID="PluginLabel" - and change the code to something like Left="0" Width="240" HorizontalAlignment="Center" - this aligns the labels in the middle, and I do the same for the other instances in both the portrait and the landscape .cpr files. Then I save the files, rename back to .cpr and copy back to the Windows folder on the phone. Then, this is very important, use an app that lets you set the file attributes (Such as Resco Explorer), browse to the two files in your Windows folder and set their attributes to Archive, i.e. untick Read-only.

That's it. ;)

any chance to add a normal digital clock? instead of this complex one

In the next skin, sure. ;) I may modify this one, just so many other things to do right now. heh

1) have to do a refresh after all was installed

2) Blank panel is easy to make, not so as to make active...

Yeh, the refresh is unfortunately necessary. This is a Titanium issue. I'm not sure what you mean by point 2. From what I understand CHome Editor does everything for you. <_<

Edited by Jumba

Guest Krazy Radd
Update! New digital skin added.

I like that also, but something with black would be better my friend :)

Edited by Krazy Radd