Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

gotta ask, do I need active sync 4.5 to flash ROM? where can I get it? well I'm confused, don't I just need OCTAN to flash?

Here is what you need, Octan plus two ice-cold beer to distract you from observation of that 10-intense-minutes flashing process and little bit of patience!

Here is what you need, Octan plus two ice-cold beer to distract you from observation of that 10-intense-minutes flashing process and little bit of patience!

and how do I backup the original rom?

and how do I backup the original rom?

Flashing is done by Octan, Updating through NPS,... and Backing up through various applications.

If you are referring to "backing up the Original ROM" as in backing-up your existing (previously flashed) ROM? You won't need to do so since you have the whole ROM package (probably downloaded from Secany's collection) already and you can re-flash back your O2 at anytime! But if you mean to backUp your contact, email,... the ActiveSync will do the job plus bunch of other 3rd party applications with much more options and features.

Flashing is done by Octan, Updating through NPS,... and Backing up through various applications.

If you are referring to "backing up the Original ROM" as in backing-up your existing (previously flashed) ROM? You won't need to do so since you have the whole ROM package (probably downloaded from Secany's collection) already and you can re-flash back your O2 at anytime! But if you mean to backUp your contact, email,... the ActiveSync will do the job plus bunch of other 3rd party applications with much more options and features.

I meant backup for the original preinstalled samsung package rom.

anyone? how do I backup the original ROM? what shall I do if the cooked ROM doesn't work?

What do you mean by "original"? Because Secany's ROMs all are Original (some are Official as well, i.e. IJ9) AND your stock ROM (the one that will be shipped with your phone right from factory), both are considered ORIGINAL, now, again, If you have flashed your phone already with one of these Secany's ROMs or RDF's custome ROMs, you already have copy of those ROMs and you can flash back to them if you weren't happy with your latest ROM performance, as long as YOU HAVE NOT BRICKED your phone during that latest re-flash procedure! So, you don't need to back-up the ROM if you are planning to re-flash your ROM to another version of ROM BUT if this is going to be your very first flashing attempt then you have stock ROM on your device! If that's the case, you are able to dump your PDA only ( in .bin format which is not flashable), and not CSC/Phone files, with some tools out there (like the one posted with Sorg) .

But don't miss the point that have been mentioned a lot over-and-over with all chefs and experts that " As long as you flash the PDA or CSC part, chances of bricking your device are close to none!" As long as you are staying away from flashing eboot/Phone, you are safe and in case of unwanted error/s you may repeat the process once again!

I hope that I've addressed your concern precisely enough!

I see, I thought secanny's ROMs are cooked ;)

another question then

I saw in the secanny's thread, that there are drivers always posted above ROM files, and then there are CSC and phone + eboot; what are they exactly?

and in these procedure

B)Procedure

In this OCTANS Downloader, Please select and put

1) E.boot -> Eboot_I8000XXIG1_HW_40.eb0

2) MoviNAND -> PDA_I8000XXIG1_HW_40.MST

3) MultiCSC-> I8000XSOIG1.CSC

4) Phone -> Phone_I8000XXIG3_REV_04

does that mean I have to acquire 4 files to flash? in Ristogood lite ROM, there is only 1 files, while secanny's official ROM have these 'complimentary' files...

I assume in secanny's I have to download all of them and apply it as above procedure?

but now what to do with the lite ROM? what shall I 'select and put' for these CSC, NAND, etc? and btw when do I need to install these drivers? after flashing?

Edited by nap_rz

Guest tacchan23
I see, I thought secanny's ROMs are cooked ;)

another question then

I saw in the secanny's thread, that there are drivers always posted above ROM files, and then there are CSC and phone + eboot; what are they exactly?

and in these procedure

does that mean I have to acquire 4 files to flash? in Ristogood lite ROM, there is only 1 files, while secanny's official ROM have these 'complimentary' files...

I assume in secanny's I have to download all of them and apply it as above procedure?

but now what to do with the lite ROM? what shall I 'select and put' for these CSC, NAND, etc? and btw when do I need to install these drivers? after flashing?

Maybe you should have a look at my small guide too here

Guest ravelcop

hi guys,

i just upgraded my ROM to IK5. after some time a hard button in my O2 suddenly stopped responding (not because of the ROM upgrade). i'm planning to take it to the service center. problem is, they informed me that if ever they find out that my ROM has been upgraded, they will not honor the warranty. is there a way to flash back the original ROM that this was shipped with? how? i already forgot the version of that ROM ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks previa!

The stickied method in this forum (using the "samsung modem driver") didn't work for me, the driver didn't match my phone.

Your method using activesyng (page 2, post 23) worked fine, no idea how but it did. (Used an old XP system for the purpose.)

I say that should be sticked instead, but I just have a sample of 1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chesterbro
The Omnia II i8000 Flash ROM software and procedure

P.S. Due to I still haven't the machine on hand . hence, I can 't to finshed the final step!

I accept NO responsibility for any damage caused to your handset before, during and after to Flashing with this software /Procedure,and can be dangerous. Proceed with caution !

A)Flash ROM Softwares

XP OS Computer SP3

ActiveSync 4.5

Samsung CDMA_Modem_4.34

OCTANS Downloader 1.9 /2.0 new version

B)Procedure

In this OCTANS Downloader, Please select and put

1) E.boot -> Eboot_I8000XXIG1_HW_40.eb0

2) MoviNAND -> PDA_I8000XXIG1_HW_40.MST

3) MultiCSC-> I8000XSOIG1.CSC

4) Phone -> Phone_I8000XXIG3_REV_04

can i do this to my verizon O2 i920? sorry i just got my O2 and a newbie :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest macomnia
who say theres no english version lol, i already flash my phone and its in full english ^^

count me in as number 3 sucessful person who flashed hha

Good for you Enrique, now would you like to share the tips. I'm stuck with a Omnia 2 with a network lock.... so plz a little help "procedure for dummies". here is my info.

on PC windows Vista

on Omnia WM 6.1 English

Pda I8000LUBIH5

Csc I8000LCGUIH2

Phone I8000LWMIH2

Million thanx in advance.

Edited by macomnia

• 2 months later...
Guest Sinistersky

ok..i wanna flash my i8000..got a few questions first...i flashed Sony Ericsson W580i before with no problems...as this is an expensive phone...just wanna make sure...

1. My current operator is VIP...If I install any new ROM, will i be able to use the same operator as before?

2. How do i backup the ROM I have now? I mean...with all files or withouth...so If there's a mistake in flashing or i want to revert to the old one...Currently I have: PDA: I8000NXXIJC, CSC: I8000VIPIJC, PHONE: I8000XXIJ3

Guest Lancez

wow, havent seen this thread for a very long time! it reminds me that previa was the first one who came up with flashing guide at Modaco.

• 1 month later...
Guest amedar

Hello friends i made an hard reset before flash

i fallow all steps but my problem is when i see on my phone screen wait 10 minutes for flash

Octans gives error

'' [setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#Vid_04e8&Pid_6619#5&36474480&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:2

[Error:0] Not receive OKUD! TimeOut:0

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#Vid_04e8&Pid_6619#5&36474480&0&2#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

''

can you help me ?

Guest cumonifyoucan
Hello friends i made an hard reset before flash

i fallow all steps but my problem is when i see on my phone screen wait 10 minutes for flash

Octans gives error

'' [setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

''

can you help me ?

after you have plugged in required files in OCTANS-- turn off your phone(it should not be connected to PC) now click on detect----you will get something like below

Now immedeately connect your phone and click on download.

Guest jan_misek

Please, could someone give me an advice? "Start Downloading" button is not active! Although I'm following the procedure step by step.. :-(

Thanks for reply!

Guest Jazz8
Please, could someone give me an advice? "Start Downloading" button is not active! Although I'm following the procedure step by step.. :-(

Thanks for reply!

When I had that problem it was always an issue with the driver. Every time I want to flash, I have to restart (disable driver sig enforcement) & update my device driver. Hope it helps a little!

• 2 months later...
Guest xxnakazatoxx

Hi,

My device is:

WinMo 6.5

PDA : I8000NXXIJ1

CSC: I8000XEUIJ1

PHONE: I8000XXIJ1

Is it safe to Flash this Rapid_JH1_Sense_ENG.nb0 or Energy Series 23138/21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations ROMs without changing the PDA, CSC or PHONE parts in Octans?

Hi,

My device is:

WinMo 6.5

PDA : I8000NXXIJ1

CSC: I8000XEUIJ1

PHONE: I8000XXIJ1

Is it safe to Flash this Rapid_JH1_Sense_ENG.nb0 or Energy Series 23138/21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations ROMs without changing the PDA, CSC or PHONE parts in Octans?

It is ok (safe) to flash any version Rom .But without to changing the PDA/CSC/Phone .Why you want to Flash the ROM? :lol:

Guest xxnakazatoxx
It is ok (safe) to flash any version Rom .But without to changing the PDA/CSC/Phone .Why you want to Flash the ROM? :lol:

Oops sorry let me rephrase that, is it safe to flash those ROMs without changing the CSC and Phone, only using the PDA (.nb0) file.