Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

Guest rgangemi
HARD RESET Engg.MODE

*2767*3855#

Back up before to use :D

dont have a keypad, so I can't type any numbers in.....

also tried the following:

To perform hard reset, first make sure the phone is power off

1. Press and hold Volume Up, Lock, Call and Hang Up buttons

2. The phone will vibrate and the Samsung logo will appears.

3. Count to 3 and release all buttons (release em approximately when the format screen shows up)

Still no luck. Trying to apply rom as well but no luck. I hope I can recover this phone!

Guest rgangemi
dont have a keypad, so I can't type any numbers in.....

also tried the following:

To perform hard reset, first make sure the phone is power off

1. Press and hold Volume Up, Lock, Call and Hang Up buttons

2. The phone will vibrate and the Samsung logo will appears.

3. Count to 3 and release all buttons (release em approximately when the format screen shows up)

Still no luck. Trying to apply rom as well but no luck. I hope I can recover this phone!

Not sure what I did but i got this rom to apply!

I tried another 5 times and now the rom is applied and things are ok!

Thanks

Guest inmatrixout
Hi Guys, tried flasing the ROM, got an error half way through process and now I think i have a dead phone!! Here are the logs from octans:

[EBoot:0] Flash programming

[0]Reconnect Timeout!!

[success] All Download finished.

[0]Reconnect Fail!!

[setup:0] New EBOOT version = 00000000

[CSC:0] Download start 0x0

[CSC:0] ----------------- Information of Multi CSC Image ------------------

[CSC:0] Verision:[i8000HBRIIG4]

[CSC:0] SalesCode:[bRI]

[CSC:0] Priority:[0x1]

Try to remove the battery and then try again to do a Hard reset or a ROM update

Guest gertitombo
Not sure what I did but i got this rom to apply!

I tried another 5 times and now the rom is applied and things are ok!

Thanks

Hello,

Can you explain more? What did you do when your phone was dead? It might help us all.

Thanks

Guest crzcar
try running again and choose "No" when prompted to update.

I need more detail on the Application Store thingy... couldn't get it to work! I extracted the files in the .rar and placed them into an 'Application Store" folder which I have created in Program Files. Ran the application... it just hung there!!! Any advice for me??? :D

Guest rgangemi
Hello,

Can you explain more? What did you do when your phone was dead? It might help us all.

Thanks

I just kept re-trying the flash process. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what it was that got me over the issue, could be an issue with my machine...

Guest gertitombo
I just kept re-trying the flash process. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what it was that got me over the issue, could be an issue with my machine...

Ok thanks. What OS version do you use? XP/Vista/7 ?

Guest MUYAMAN

I think the files for flashing provided in these threads are for Windows XP only.

I am waiting for Previa (awesome dude) to post stuff for us Windows Vista users :D Well I use Vista 64 bit version.

Previa will update for Vista users soon....so just be patient if any of you are on Vista

Guest inmatrixout
I think the files for flashing provided in these threads are for Windows XP only.

I am waiting for Previa (awesome dude) to post stuff for us Windows Vista users :D Well I use Vista 64 bit version.

Previa will update for Vista users soon....so just be patient if any of you are on Vista

Maybe it is possible to flash on Vista/Win7 through Virtualbox and Virtual XP!!!

Or a solution like this: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...vista-solution/

Guest tantrome

hi all:

Can you tell me how long will the flashing process takes? its kinda taking me a while and its still not done :D

hope you could help me

Thanks

Guest monyozt
For more detailed

Step 1) E.Boot Select >E.boot_I8000XXXXX_HW_40_ebo

Step 2) MultiCSC Select > CSC_I8000XXXX_CSC (you can selected with difference language)

Step 3) MoviNAND Select > PDA_I8000XXX_HW_40.MST

Step 4) Phone Select > Phone_I8000XXX_REV-0X

Step 5) Phone power on (must be)> USB cable connect with Computer

Step 6) Press the OCTANS Downloader (Detect icon).

Step 7) Turn "OFF" the Phone power

Step 8) The Starting Downloading icon will be change to black color. then starting the flashing ROM process

P.S Don't push off the USB cable during the flashing ROM process

hai.. nice job :angry:

please add this tutorial @1st page :D

Will it be possible to flash via VMWare WinXP guest on a vista host?

I've tried using Virtual PC/Windows XP mode under Windows 7 x64.

It works until the step when you turn the device off - the Samsung MIT USB driver has a Code 10 error - device won't start.

Any ideas?

Guest Watcherq
Will it be possible to flash via VMWare WinXP guest on a vista host?

Yes. My Vista host is x64. Guest is WinXP SP3. It worked fine on the original Omnia 1/i900. The tool is the same for Omnia 2/i8000 so it should be fine.

Guest ular_king
Yes. My Vista host is x64. Guest is WinXP SP3. It worked fine on the original Omnia 1/i900. The tool is the same for Omnia 2/i8000 so it should be fine.

Thanks for the confirmation....cheers!

See my problem above - do you think this will work in VMWare if it doesn't work in Virtual PC?

Guest Oktasus

Hello can please anyone tell me if this rom is the win mobile 6.5? And if it is wher can i find the english on where i can choose the different language......

thx

Guest FerdiBorbon
Hello can please anyone tell me if this rom is the win mobile 6.5? And if it is wher can i find the english on where i can choose the different language......

thx

G7 Rom is still 6.1, English is the default language so its all good...as for 6.5 roms i dont think we will see them until sometime in October :\