Omnia II i8000 Flashing ROM Procedure

Guest previa

Guest gertitombo
ROM I8000XXIH5 Photos for study

@previa, Out of interest: We know how to extract the rom to a RAW file. DO you know if there is an existing kitchen that we can use?

Or any ideas?

Thx

GT

@previa, Out of interest: We know how to extract the rom to a RAW file. DO you know if there is an existing kitchen that we can use?

Or any ideas?

Thx

GT

So sorry gertitombo, I'm also looking for this tools. :)

Guest gertitombo
So sorry gertitombo, I'm also looking for this tools. :)

I will look further. It shouldn't be much different than Samsung I900.

Good luck with finding the roms and other stuff.

GT

There had something difference started from I8000HZHIH6 ROM , the PDA Part file format was changed, when we process the ROM flashing. this PDA part must be put on OCTANS Downloader's item "PDA' Not on the"MoviNAND" Please be careful that, :)

There had something difference started from I8000HZHIH6 ROM , the PDA Part file format was changed, when we process the ROM flashing. this PDA part must be put on OCTANS Downloader's item "PDA' Not on the"MoviNAND" Please be careful that, :)

screenshoot maybe :)

Successfully flashed form singapore IG6 to I8000ZHIG4 (Thanks to janyung)

first impression, it's faster, since no need to install hk regional setting and chinese fonts,

it save some storage and startup RAM is about 90MB when using spb mobiel shell, versus 80MB before using singapore ROM.you can try flashing this ROM or wait for the official HK rom.

hi preveria. what a software uuse to type chinese font like this?

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=36507

Guest TheBishop

I'm new to the Omnia having come from HTC stuff (Kaiser and Xperia). The Omnia i8000 is a big step forward in performance from these but I'm still learning (with plenty more to learn). Where do I find what version ROM I've currently got.

Cheers from noob.

Said I'm learning. And I've started reading back through the posts and found the answer so don't flame me just yet.

Edited by TheBishop

Guest jazzz0904

Help! I got error installing Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34 into my winXP......

P.S - managed to upgrade rom without installing/ or had already installed CDMA_modem. Thanks anyway...

Edited by jazzz0904

Do we have the full kitchen for i8000 yet? I mean to pack the customized ROM to nb0 or MST for flashing. Or we can use the i900 kitchen and just put your new files in?

wow... so u have O2 now? im so glad there will be custom ROM on Omnia 2 :)

Guest Khuanchai
wow... so u have O2 now? im so glad there will be custom ROM on Omnia 2 :)

Haven't got it yet. I'm studying how to cook ROM for this device but still have no clue. :D