22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dr. dre

Hey! guys i just updated the radio to the latest JU build and it's working fine till now. No call drop problem or any other problem as faced by other's.

Edited by Dr. dre

This has been asked once before, but can't seem to find an answer... So here goes again..

Is there somewhere you can see a change log for the radio updates? I use the 09.26 which seems to have solved the call drop issue for me too.. But I'm curious :)

Edited by ZiCoN

This has been asked once before, but can't seem to find an answer... So here goes again..

Is there somewhere you can see a change log for the radio updates? I use the 09.26 which seems to have solved the call drop issue for me too.. But I'm curious :)

I dont think so, never in my Hero owning days (July 09) have I seen a changelog for anything from HTC.

Hello People...

Im new to Android and need some advice...

I have a HTC Hero with information:-

This came standard... with no changes done to it... I am having reception issues with 3G... near work... Where other phones have no issues...

Baseband

63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29

Kernal

2.6.27-430d1aea

Build No:

2.73.405.66 CL#83173 test-keys

I have tried the 1-click root and it does not work... It gives me backup error...

I am in the process of making a gold card... hopefully will finish it in the evening...

I want to know what is the best way to move forward... ideally want to keep a stock rom... prefer latest and would like it to be rooted...

I was thinking to:

downgarde to offical HTC rom

then root or instead update with a rooted ROM from this place...

Please advise...

Thanks for assistance...

Edited by SE-Naz

Guest Maksymilian

Yesterday finally rooted my Hero with

flashrec-1.1.3-20091107-2

and

recovery-RA-hero-v1.5.2.img

everything went OK and now I have the MCR 3.1-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed loaded no problems

However I want to update the Radio to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26

I d/l, rename zip file Update and then transfered to the sd card

Used Home+Power to boot up and the select 'flash zip from sdcard' - I get the following:

Install from sdcard.......

Finding update package.....

Opening update package....

E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

I ve downloaded the radio zip a number of times and also the previous radio and get the same outcome.

I ve used different sdcards to no avial. (the sdcard worked yesterday when I rooted the Hero!!)

If any one has got any suggestions then I would much appreciate there help

Cheers

Maksy

UPDATE:

Daft as it sounds the radio had not downloaded properly for some reason - I know not why

I use chrome as my browser and when I d/l'd with MS explore it worked OK!!!!

Edited by Maksymilian

Guest murdoch1

Hiya Paul....the link to the orange stock rom is broken....can you please fix?

Cheers

Andy

NB....Keep up the good work......

Added 2.73.405.66 and 2.73.771.73 unrooted update ZIPs. :)

P

Added 2.73.405.66 and 2.73.771.73 unrooted update ZIPs. :)

P

hi paul can we have rooted .66 & .73 as well

i know i am pestering, but it is u who have spoiled us all with ur good work!!

Guest fabiocampos
hi paul can we have rooted .66 & .73 as well

i know i am pestering, but it is u who have spoiled us all with ur good work!!

Hi, how to apply new Radio version in my Hero:

My Hero info:

Radio: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

SPL: 1.76.0007 SHIP S ON

ROM: Modaco-Custom-ROM 3.1

I would like update my radio version to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26. Anyone idea about apply this version?

Thanks to ur support!

:)

Guest Chicaned
Hi, how to apply new Radio version in my Hero:

My Hero info:

Radio: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

SPL: 1.76.0007 SHIP S ON

ROM: Modaco-Custom-ROM 3.1

I would like update my radio version to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26. Anyone idea about apply this version?

Thanks to ur support!

:)

Apply it exactly the same as you do the Modaco ROM.

Edited by Chicaned

Guest dragonangel

Hi,

Just want to know if the Radio can be used by any HTC Hero ?

I mean (in my poor english :) ) : i have a Belgian Hero. So can i update my radio with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 or i must stay with the EU one ?

Thanx in advance

Guest frederikk
Hi,

Just want to know if the Radio can be used by any HTC Hero ?

I mean (in my poor english :) ) : i have a Belgian Hero. So can i update my radio with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 or i must stay with the EU one ?

Thanx in advance

hi, i have the same question.. i'm french with the EU rom... does the JU or EU is related to a country or region or is it only for numbers ?

With the EU ol radio, i see that wifi is very very hard for battery life ! much more than 3G ....

Ciao

Fred

hi, i have the same question.. i'm french with the EU rom... does the JU or EU is related to a country or region or is it only for numbers ?

With the EU ol radio, i see that wifi is very very hard for battery life ! much more than 3G ....

Ciao

Fred

the letters are not related to countries. wifi is usually more power draining than 3g, a newer radio usually decreases these negative effects.

Guest frederikk
the letters are not related to countries. wifi is usually more power draining than 3g, a newer radio usually decreases these negative effects.

Thank you. So i will have a try on this new radio perhaps...

As for newer radio usually decrease these negatives effects, i'm glad you use the usually :) On wimo this was not always true :)

Ciao

Fred

Guest chlywly

I have the Telus 2.73.661.46 version, would downgrading to the modaco make sense for me? I find my Hero VERY sluggish. Also would downgrading the radio be a bad thing, because I'm not getting the best reception as is, and there is a noticeable "hiss" when making/placing calls, I've even had the phone exchanged and same hiss.

Edited by chlywly

I have the Telus 2.73.661.46 version, would downgrading to the modaco make sense for me? I find my Hero VERY sluggish. Also would downgrading the radio be a bad thing, because I'm not getting the best reception as is, and there is a noticeable "hiss" when making/placing calls, I've even had the phone exchanged and same hiss.

you need to try for your self. installing modaco would not be "downgrading" as it is based on a newer version than your rom, but you need to downgrade during the process to trick some security mechanisms.

Sorry for this newbie question, but is the ROM (HTC Generic 2.73.405.66) in the this topic equal to the original HTC ROM, except that it has been rooted?

I am asking this, because I am not really interested in a customized ROM, such as the MoDaCo Hero ROM, but I do prefer to have root on my phone (for WiFi tethering).

Sorry for this newbie question, but is the ROM (HTC Generic 2.73.405.66) in the this topic equal to the original HTC ROM, except that it has been rooted?

I am asking this, because I am not really interested in a customized ROM, such as the MoDaCo Hero ROM, but I do prefer to have root on my phone (for WiFi tethering).

Rooted ROMs - note these ROMs are repacked as update zips and are identical to the generic ROMs EXCEPT they are pre-rooted.