22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dr. dre
Hey guys!

I have the T-Mobile HTC Hero (UK), which radio should I get, im slightly confused!

Cheers!

Install the latest Radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26, Even i have a T-Mobile G2 and i'm using the latest radio and it is working fine.

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest licenced

There's a new ROM out for Orange Heros - 2.73.61.66 (compared to the previous 2.73.61.5)

Seems odd to be releasing this now when we're (hopefully) only a month away from the official 2.1 release.

No clues on HTCs site as to what the differences are either.

Guest AXIS of Reality

Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere in this thread, but just got a few things I'd like to confirm.

1) I got my Hero via eBay, and it's an unlocked Orange one. Probably a stupid question but is there any chance wiping it could remove the unlock?

2) I'm wanting to move to a generic rom as many Market apps do not show up at the moment using Modaco 3.1, there are still some paid apps but many of the more professional apps aren't appearing. Would changing to a pre-rooted generic rom fix this?

3) How are radios installed?

Thanks in advance, just moving to the android scene from the PSP custom firmware and iPod Touch jailbreaking scenes, haha. ;)

Guest 1redrum

I feel like such a newbie having to ask, but I can't figure out how to flash a radio img (to the htc hero in my case)

Can someone please put me out of misery and post a link to instructions.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Dr. dre
I feel like such a newbie having to ask, but I can't figure out how to flash a radio img (to the htc hero in my case)

Can someone please put me out of misery and post a link to instructions.

Thanks in advance.

It's the same update.zip method

Guest Dr. dre
I already updated the radio to the latest one but since have upgraded my rom to 3.2 beta. Should I reinstall the latest radio again?

If your phone is working fine then there is no need to reinstall.

Guest Need_A_Username

Hi, I don't know a lot about this, but I know a bit ;)

I've already rooted my Hero, I've been using the modaco rom for a couple of months now but I haven't gotten in to updating the radio because I had read at some places it could be dangerous.

I found that maybe I should start updating my radio, but how do I do this?

Do I just download the newest radio version you listed here, and then apply it in the recovery? And I am currently running the kagudroid 1.2.1 ROM, I wanted to see what android 2.0 looks like, does that mather?

Ty already,

Guest dawabz94

Hi all, I just installed latest pre-rooted ROM + latest radio,

Everything is just fine,

I have only one issue, Titanium backup can't get root access ...

I'm I missing something ?

Thanks !

Guest nicandris
Hi all, I just installed latest pre-rooted ROM + latest radio,

Everything is just fine,

I have only one issue, Titanium backup can't get root access ...

I'm I missing something ?

Thanks !

propably you don't have busybox installed?

Guest sunstorm
Paul,

I'm getting my hands on a stock Hero ROM version 2.73.707.9 146733 CL#62020 release-keys. Shall we root it? I tweeted to you too. Feel free to DM me on Twitter (@TheLimeDesign) Cheers!~

Hi Shahz,

do you still happen to have that particular ROM version? i know that it's not the latest but it is a SEA ROM which has the market on it. Can anybody recommend another newer rom with the market app in it and native chinese support?

Do share this with me if possible.

thanks

Guest Dr. dre
The 2.73.405.5 ROM comes with the *.EU.* radio, can i update this radio to the latest version without any problems?

Yes! you can just download the latest Radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 from the first page and flash it like the update.zip method.

Yes! you can just download the latest Radio 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 from the first page and flash it like the update.zip method.

Thanks! That's what i needed to hear!

Update:

I tried the new radio for a while now, is it possible with the newest radio (*.ju* and the 2.73.405.5 ROM) that the phone is slower and less responsive on touchscreen?

Edited by loedie

Guest dawabz94
propably you don't have busybox installed?

oh ?! ...

I'll try that ...

but would be surprised, Titanium is able to download an install Busybox itself

the thing is .. Titanium itself can't get root rights

could be a side effect of missing BusyBox ...

I'll try your advice ... and report here

Thank you ;)

Guest Dr. dre
Thanks! That's what i needed to hear!

Update:

I tried the new radio for a while now, is it possible with the newest radio (*.ju* and the 2.73.405.5 ROM) that the phone is slower and less responsive on touchscreen?

It's definitely not because of the Radio, there must be some other problem.

I also did think that, the phone did restart after applying and a big flashrec icon was in the centre of the screen for minutes and it formatted the cache... is that normal?

Guest Dr. dre
I also did think that, the phone did restart after applying and a big flashrec icon was in the centre of the screen for minutes and it formatted the cache... is that normal?

Yup! That's normal, if you are still facing unresponsive screen, try calibrating the screen, that might help.

Edited by Dr. dre

Yup! That's normal, if you are still facing unresponsive screen, try calibrating the screen, that might help.

You're right again. Thank you! But why are all settings messed up.. because of the formatted cache?

Guest Dr. dre
This might sound like a stupid question, is the RADIO UPDATE suited for my HTC hero on Telus Carrier in Canada or i should not update it ???

Yes! you can but only the Radio not the ROM, I'll suggest you if you aren't having any problems with the current Radio, then it is better that you stick to the current Radio, because many people face some problems after updating there Radio on a Sim Locked phone.

@Paul

Many thanks for all you hard work. I'm new here but have been on xda dev for a couple of years. I downloaded your Hero 3.1 Rom and installed it as per instructions and everything is working brilliant.

I used to have an Orange SPV (HTC Hermes) on which I flashed several different ROM's (from xda Developer). I've had a T-Mobile G2 Touch (HTC Hero) since November last year but have only just plucked up the courage to flash it.

Your advice is to update the radio. I assume that it's 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 that I need for the UK and I further assume that I save it to the SD card as 'update.zip' and just flash it the same way that I did with the ROM.

Buy way of thanks I have taken a MoDaCo Plus subscription. All the infor on this site has got to be worth £30.

Transaction ID: 9XD66870MR870100S 12/Feb/2010

regards

ITDude (Geoff)